Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

hi all
hardly time to even read anymore but still try
16 days till we're in a motel with the packing done HOPEFULLY
i mean that's my date who knows what the real date will be as we haven't had time to re connect about the move........getting rid of more stuff
My chiro will take our queen platform bed with 12 drawers for storage uner it
it's really nice with a head board with reading lites but
weighs a TON OR 2 :lol:
MUST KEEP PACKING
HUGS ALL AND PAT TO LYLE

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

SO glad you and Jim are finally moving!!!!!

Well now, sorry for my absence ..... have been completely pole-axed by a crippling headache (migraine?) with vomiting (sorry! :ph34r: )...temperature etc...etc

I thought it had passed....and even went out Friday night (I really didn't want to let me girlfriends down)... took painkillers and anti-nausea tabs to get me through....but HOLY COW it's back with a vengeance....comes and goes :unsure:

So haven't caught up - apologies!....hope y'all ok ;)

think I'll shuffle off to bed soon with me trusty bucket by my side :rolleyes:
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#35747 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

Well I decided to take an impromptu trip to Tammys today. Now that she is at her new house she only is 1 hr away in Hazleton. All the leaves are changing up there, very scenic trip up. Loved spending the day with my neices. We put together a Little Tikes jungle gym thing in her playroom for the winter.
Now its off to the grocery store so I can make dinner. I am starving!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#35748 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

In the car on the way back to Portland. Was supposed to be such a fun weekend, right before we got to my brothers house, he got a call that his mil had passed away. 2 weeks after her cancer diagnosis. Was very sudden :( My mom and I tried to make the best of the time we were together. Had us some martini's and wine and came clean about our first experiences with weed-I musta been drunk!!
Anyways, we're taking him to Tacoma on our way back to inlaws house. Hopefully the rest of the day will be a happy one!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#35749 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

DH hurt his back takin the AC out of the window, so not doin anythink for awhile.

Juuude, are you driving to Ca? Stopping at the Grand Canyoun? We went via train a few years ago. It was awesome -you won't be dissappointed.

cookin is my therapy, and boy do I need it.
Susan

hOPE HUBBY'S BACK IS BETTER
woops....these caps
best to rest.
Yes, forget the route we're taking
spending one nite in Motel at the south rim of Canon
only place we have to board Velcro.....
we are taking 12-13 days to drive.
will give you stops after i get more packing done.
thanks for asking.

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

SO glad you and Jim are finally moving!!!!!

Well now, sorry for my absence ..... have been completely pole-axed by a crippling headache (migraine?) with vomiting (sorry! :ph34r: )...temperature etc...etc

I thought it had passed....and even went out Friday night (I really didn't want to let me girlfriends down)... took painkillers and anti-nausea tabs to get me through....but HOLY COW it's back with a vengeance....comes and goes :unsure:

So haven't caught up - apologies!....hope y'all ok ;)

think I'll shuffle off to bed soon with me trusty bucket by my side :rolleyes:

Thanks Niki
so sorry your sick. Sounds like something i had maybe 4 weeks ago
hope and pray it passes faster than SOON. :(

aNOTHER PRETTY DAY HERE IN PA
Yesterday i took the frigging sign down from the house and laid on ground
she never put sold on it.
so.............don't want it up as people are still stopping to ask about the house

several friends stopped by to see us as we missed the block party
guess all he old gang i would have wanted to see wasn't there any way
we used to have such a great time.
all the older folk, new neighbors who moved in
guess the UP SCALE MEGA MANSIONS like to party different than us.
mostly little kids.

we'd have BBQ grills, tons of main dishes, deserts.........booze..............bands
all were dancing till the wee hours.
now it's 1-4 in the afternoon and all little kids
times change as i'm sure learning.
Change is good :lol: did i really say that :o
See I'm looking forward B)
no more back ward thinking or looking.
better think of cooking

sure wish i was like Susan and like to cook esp to relax.

makes me nervous to cook........HATE IT.......... :ph34r:
Judy in Southern CA

#35750 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just wanted to poop in, say hello and wish everyone a TGIF/happy weekend!

WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE
LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR.
YOU ARE GETTING SO SKINNY
GLAD YOUR ON LINE TEACHING IS GOING WELL AND YOU ENJOY IT
CONGRATS GIRLFRIEND
WHERE'S sUSIE????
Judy in Southern CA

#35751 flourgirl

flourgirl

Peaches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hey! Juuude! Sounds like all good news. Yeah, things are changing as we are all getting older, and everyone around us seems to get younger. Why is that? Anyway...I believe we are soul sisters.....love of flowers and playing in the dirt, gardens....I hate cooking too! Probably the worst thing about this diet in the increase in kitchen activity! Too poor to hire someone else to do it :( Telehubby claims to like cooking......wish he'd do more of it. :D

Nik-a-nik....sorry to hear that you're pheeling so bad! Most of us in my family get migraines...no phun a'tall. Get better soon.

Guess it's the weekend...always seems a bit slower here then. Hope everybodees doin' all rite. Sloozan is cooking up a storm (no snoaugh please). Send some phood here....if you got some extra.

Manda-Ville.....sorry about your troubles. My heart goes out to you all.

Later.....Tea
GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE
Theresa

#35752 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Well, I is back. My ears are completely blocked and sore -- a rather tumultuous, bumpy, turbulence-ridden flight. No one cleaned up 'round here in me absence. I have all of my laundry AND all of theirs to do. :angry:
Man, I just wanna go back to where I was. The ocean, no little people to listen to, clean up or feed.... . . ...'twas heaven.. .. . <_<

Feel better, Nik! Sorry about your loss, Rachelle ... ... . ..
And thinking about Lyle . ....um, or is it Lefty? :unsure: .. . . . ...

Where is Pahteee? And Soooozle? And Jyaghnutt's back, but haven't seen much of her. . . . ......
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#35753 ranger

ranger

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

It sounds like a downer weekend for a lot. Let me tell you about my train trip.

It started in Alliance, Ohio at 1 am. Couldn't sleep before cause I have sleeping problems (no biggy, light sleeper). Boarded an Amtrack train. Sat in the lounge car all night talking to my Grandson and smokin. God, the good old days when you could actually smoke in public, and thank God, they're gone. Pulled into Union Station in Chicago at 8 am. Spent the day doing tourist thing - Sears Tower, Art Insitute, ect. Boarded train at about 8 pm. The Cresent city. On our way to "The Big Easy".

The party started on the train. We ran into a group of travelors from Australia (they were wild and crazy guys) and a Rastifarian. We partied with them all night! Landed in NO the next morning, really tanked! Spent 2 days in NO.... Ate at Emerel's, I danced with a young punk guy, ate Alligator, and I GOT BEADS! And, a huge hangover!

Boarded train again. Goin to the Grand Canyon. After a train ride via El Paso. to Phoenix, we embarked at 3 am. The Australians were on the same train! Got a hotel room for 4 hours, took a shower and a nap, and headed back to the train station. There were the Aussies! They had spent the night in a bar and were heading for points west. They were all drunk! We got on a train to Flagstaff, and then a bus to the Grand Canyon.

It was AWSOME! Had a cabn, and spent 2 days there. Grandson got a hell of a sunburn on his earlobes. Grandaughter lost 12 lbs.

Back on the bus, then train to LA. Up the coast to San Fran, where both my son and sis live. Stayed first night in San Fran, and then spent 4 days with my sister in Pittsburg, Ca. In SF my Grandaughter turned 13. On Pier 54, I arranged a steel drum band to play happy b-day to her, and for my sis (who has a great voice) to sing "Bad Boys". One night, I made potatoe encrusted salmon and spinach salad at her house. We ate at a couple of great restuarants, and had a picnic of sandwiches and Corona on the Bay. We ate at an Ahgan restuarant in the " Haight"

Back on the train for a grueling 3-day trip back home. By this time, I was so sick of my granchilden that I never wanted to see them again! Got over that.

I'm ready for another road trip,
but this time, I won't take the Grandkids!

Susan

#35754 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

Sillies! Exciting Day for celiacs!

Wegmans makes gluten free tomato soup, cream of mushroom, butternut squash, and something else..labeled with the famous G. I am excited about the first two esp. the mushroom since now I can make green bean casserole again!!!!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#35755 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Wegmans makes gluten free tomato soup, cream of mushroom, butternut squash, and something else..labeled with the famous G. I am excited about the first two esp. the mushroom since now I can make green bean casserole again!!!!

Wow!
I wanna Weggies in Canada!
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#35756 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Wow!
I wanna Weggies in Canada!

Me too!
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#35757 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Nik......this does not sound good! :unsure:
Have you been to the doctor?

I hate it too, Judee......but what can ya do? <_<

Hey, Amanda!!!! Were those soups condensed? That's my biggest problem with recipes that have cream soups.
No Wegman's here, though.

Souzun.......your trip sounds awesome!!! I absolutely hate car trips, but I think I would love a vacation on a train.
GAWD!.......I never get to go anywhere! :(

Hubby decided he wanted to be a pirate for Halloween, so we picked up some stuff at garage sales on Saturday. Such a gorgeous day! Went dancing today!
I am pooped!!!!!
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#35758 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

better think of cooking

sure wish i was like Susan and like to cook esp to relax.

I hate it too, Judee......but what can ya do? <_<

May I recommend bacon? :ph34r: :ph34r: :unsure: :P
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#35759 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#35760 flourgirl

flourgirl

Peaches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

Of course! Bacon!!! :lol: Did I ever tell you this little story? When I was growing up, there were many of us. My mother was often concerned about feeding us all enough (btw, we all had all we needed....this is not a poor us story.....but then again, times were very different then). Anyway, many times we all got small portions of what ever we were having...especially things that we didn't get often....like BACON (!) So, when I was (so-called) grown up and on my own, I decided I could have as much as I wanted of anything I wanted (wonderful phreedom), and proceeded to buy, cook and eat an entire pound of bacon. Well! You may be able to imagine just how very sick all of this greasy bacon made me. Couldn't touch the stuff for years without feeling queazly. I am proud to admit that now I can eat bacon.....love bacon.....could be tempted to eat an entire pound in one sitting....except for my stupendous-iron-self-control (and the fact that I do not want to be sick from it ever, ever again). Love bacon.....right up there with coffee...it is.

How're y'all doin this loverly a.m.? Probably holidaying whilst some of us poor stiffs has to work!
GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE
Theresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: