51026 replies to this topic

#41791 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

I leave to hang banners at the footbal stadium, tailgate and watch J's high school game and look what happens! A big honking earthquake at Shroomie's other house! I hope the house sitter is OK cause that's gonna be one angry Kitty.

Natural disasters are befalling Psillys. Hurricanes, wild fires & earthquakes. Us Midwest Psillys better keep a sharp eye out for tornados ( that is one of the main ones we are missing). :huh:

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#41792 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

I love it when Patti says

. . . just sayin'

ya, Our Miss Patricia has been hanging in the Franklin Lakes Jersey area too much and picking up the local 'slang' from those ladies..............ah hum..............on the tellyPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Streuth, Psills, this is not psilly at all. 7.4 earthquake 20 miles from Christchurch, NZ, my city "over the hill"

All power is out, the central city is closed down because of rubble in the streets, continuous aftershocks - no word about our place Posted Image Sun is just coming up - happened at 4:00 a.m. No reports of injuries yet but oodles of damage!

More later.

Had to start with a "funny" as Shroomy's post is just too sad and scary!!!!Posted Image Posted Image

I just read that Diamond Harbour is cut off by a 50 metre slip on the road; fortunately, we have a ferry service across to Lyttelton

I leave to hang banners at the footbal stadium, tailgate and watch J's high school game and look what happens! A big honking earthquake at Shroomie's other house! I hope the house sitter is OK cause that's gonna be one angry Kitty.

Natural disasters are befalling Psillys. Hurricanes, wild fires & earthquakes. Us Midwest Psillys better keep a sharp eye out for tornados ( that is one of the main ones we are missing).

Well you Mid western folks better keep your eyes peeled to the sky cause looks like those tornados are all that's missing for sure.

On that note will take this weary body to bed at 1:14 am............and they all say............." what the H... is she doing up at 1:15..........well she's talking to herself alone on here as anyone with 1/2 a brain.........(unless your across the pond) is in bed. It was 117 degrees here to day on my beautiful steaming patio out back. My plants are drooping like I am right now.Posted Image nite folks.
Judy in Southern CA

#41793 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:15 AM

On that note will take this weary body to bed at 1:14 am............and they all say............." what the H... is she doing up at 1:15..........well she's talking to herself alone on here as anyone with 1/2 a brain.........(unless your across the pond) is in bed. It was 117 degrees here to day on my beautiful steaming patio out back. My plants are drooping like I am right now.Posted Image nite folks.

Well, I did notice the lateness(earliness) of the hour . . . you were up 4:45 my time. I shoulda got outta bed and chatted with you, Judee as I was awake at that time . . . just a tossin' anda turnin' . . . and tossin' . . . and turnin'

Headed out to go birding this morning!!! Trying to get Skeeter to join me on one of these treks but she keeps declining. She'd be really good at it. She's forced to listen along in the car when I'm playing my "Birding by Ear" c.d.'s (helps with the identification, you know). I would hazard that she's better at it than I am. Chidlins don't have all the tatt cluttering up their minds like mental grocery lists, appts, stuff I need to gossip about, and errands to run.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#41794 elye

elye

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

It was 117 degrees here to day on my beautiful steaming patio out back.

:huh:

:blink:

Now DIS is HOT. That is sub-Saharan, er sumfin'. . . .. ...... .watch it out there, Joooodie!

She's forced to listen along in the car when I'm playing my "Birding by Ear" c.d.'s (helps with the identification, you know).

This sounds like quite a collection of C/Ds, Jyaghnutt. .. . . . .... . it would be excellent to put one of them on our living room player when DD has five of her girlfriends over, lolling about on various pieces of furniture. "Hey, c'mon, guys - - let's try to dance to this!"

Their faces:

:huh: :huh: <_< :mellow: :unsure: :o

The last face is Sophie's, her classic look of brazen, embarrassed horror. . . . . .. ...

My dad was a consummate mimic of human and animal voices. He perfected the calls and whistles of several birds, and created one that sounded like it may have come from a strange, extinct parrot or hawk. Through the years he slowly drove our neighboUrs behind us out of their minds, as he would stand at the back fence and make this quiet, trilling whistle. We'd hear old Mr. Lyndski scrambling out his back door.... ."Margaret! There it is! Get the tape recorder! We need to call the news channel, send somebody out there!"
Dad would wait a day or two, then hide out there and whistle again, somehow throwing his voice up to the huge elm that bordered our properties. I would see from my upstairs bedroom window a flurry of activity as Mrs. Lyndski rushed about for the big binoculors, Mr. Lyndski throwing back curtains, yelling excitedly. . .. ... . ....
I have often wondered if my dad's bizarre, yet somehow very credible whistle made it onto any birding soundtracks. Jyaghnutt, if there is a crazy, prehistoric call on that C/D that is stumping you birding identifiers, we may know from where it came... . ... ..particularly if there is follow-up commentary from a Mr. Lyndski...

:lol:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#41795 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:18 AM

We'd hear old Mr. Lyndski scrambling out his back door.... ."Margaret! There it is! Get the tape recorder! We need to call the news channel, send somebody out there!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG Em--loved that story! Yer dad was one in a million :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#41796 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:46 AM

JOODEE!!!!!!!!
Get thee to bed woman!! Posted Image

She's forced to listen along in the car when I'm playing my "Birding by Ear" c.d.'s (helps with the identification, you know).

'Birding by ear' amuses me Posted Image

I will inform my chidlins that my choice of music is nae so bad! - some kids in other countries have to listen to birds Posted Image

Em!
Posted Image Mr Lyndski!
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#41797 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:08 AM

Streuth, Psills, this is not psilly at all. 7.4 earthquake 20 miles from Christchurch, NZ, my city "over the hill" :unsure: :o

All power is out, the central city is closed down because of rubble in the streets, continuous aftershocks - no word about our place :unsure: Sun is just coming up - happened at 4:00 a.m. No reports of injuries yet but oodles of damage!

More later.

Hey everybodee! Long time, no psilly :) I saw the earthquake on the news last night and I am so worried about Neroli :( . Take care love, and be safe. I sincerely hope that you and yours are OK and that you will not have too much damage to deal with. XOXO--{{{big hugs}}}

How is everyone else doing in the 'ville? I feel like I am completely out of the loop.

#41798 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:47 AM

minimommy!!!!!! How the heck have you been? :D

You've been missed here in da ville!
Patti

#41799 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:47 AM

Beautiful morning. Sitting listening to the birds in my yard. Some delightful chirps! Some god awful squawks! Some sound just like a neighbors telephone? :huh: which bird it that?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#41800 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

Beautiful morning. Sitting listening to the birds in my yard. Some delightful chirps! Some god awful squawks! Some sound just like a neighbors telephone? :huh: which bird it that?

Maybe Jan-it can go to the tape :lol:

I have all me winders open--the breeze is incredible! Cool wif no humidity--ahhhhh :rolleyes:
Patti

#41801 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

minimommy!!!!!! How the heck have you been? :D

You've been missed here in da ville!

Hellooooo Padts :D So nice to speak wif you again! I haven't been very active on the forum for quite a while (sorry). Lots goin' on. I'll be posting next week after I attend a celiac support group meeting here at my library, let peeps know about it.

I left FB when they changed their privacy. I left a message up b-4 I split but I don't think anyone saw it.

Life in Dey-trois is interesting. I've been doing a lot of volunteer work--helping out at the community food bank in my county and getting active to call attention to the economic disparity in Detroit city proper. Also, we had a tornado in my hood last week--big mess. Lots 'o clean up, no bad damage. All is well.

How are all the psills? Is Padts still in Texas? How are things across the pond w/ Nik? Anymore quakes (doesn't that make 3 psills who've had them now? :unsure: ) What's up in Fres-no with Suze? Is Judee still smokeless? (I confess, I tried but didn't succeed <_< .) How are Bev and Jess doing and all the rest of youse cwazy kidz? I know several of you started blogging--how is that going?

Hugs to all!!

#41802 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

Raye-chulll! Great to read you again -- been often wondering about you. Please come back to Psillyville! Um. . . .... .. . .our privacy policies here are.. . . . . ..um....:unsure: .. .well, non-existent, actually.... . . . ..

:lol:

I will inform my chidlins that my choice of music is nae so bad! - some kids in other countries have to listen to birds Posted Image

:lol: :lol: .. .. .And must try to dance to the trilling calls, yet.. . . . ..

Sitting listening to the birds in my yard. Some delightful chirps! Some god awful squawks! Some sound just like a neighbors telephone?

Kherrighnne, that may just actually be your neighboUr himself that you are hearing. . . . .... . .some awfully strange characters living in our midst, tryin' to mess with their neighboUrs, I hear.....

:rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#41803 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

Shroomie!!... any news?? Posted Image

How is everyone else doing in the 'ville? I feel like I am completely out of the loop.

Rachel!!!!!!!!!!!

Where you been girl?!?!

My biggest news is that I got to meet Jess!! - the first 'international Psilly Psummit'!!! Posted Image

We need a recap - toot sweet!

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#41804 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

Also, we had a tornado in my hood last week--big mess. Lots 'o clean up, no bad damage. All is well.

Looks like we have our tornado! What natural disaster are we missing? Tsunami? Meterorite?

santa-dance.gif

#41805 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Shroomie!!... any news?? Posted Image

Nope, nary a word (about my place - power still out there). Plenty of pics and YouTube stuph though - lost a lot of our heritage buildings, and a lot of the brick (unreinforced) facades off CBD buildings, hence all the rubble. Looks like a war zone. No casualties.

Hey, if our patio is all broken up maybe we can repave with used brick???? :lol:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009