#43186 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

Met hubby 'cos I was dating his brother Posted Image Posted Image

Me grandmudder eloped wif me grandfodder whilst she was engaged to another guy . . . :o I, of course, didn't hear of this juicy tidbit till shortly before she passed away so I was unable to hound her for details . . . apparently it was a big family secret such that no one would ever say who she was engaged to.

I met me hubby through a mutual friend . . . but we didn't hit it off until I impressed him be being such a good sport. On a big camping/water skiing trip, someone was trying to break a piece of wood in two for the fire by swinging it as hard as they could against a tree. The piece that broke off hit me in the face . . . I don't actually remember getting hit or the few minutes following it . . . Had double black eyes that were almost swollen shut. I didn't leave even though the option was offered and just wore sunglasses the rest of the trip even at night. Probably should have gone to the hospital but didn't. You may not know this, but alcohol was involved.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#43187 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:07 AM

In other news I had me a root canal yesterday Posted Image ....would rather givE BIRTH methinks Posted Image

I think this got Bev'd! ..... I'm giving yooz another chance to show some sympathy!!! Posted Image
'cos it hurt like hale!

I'm thinking this may be a young Yeti (maybe not the same one?). He is sleeping alot and playing video games with the boys. School was closed today because the teachers haven't had a day off in 2 weeks.

OMG!!! ...could it be.... is it possible?????
Our Yeti has a SON!!!!!!

This time we won't traumatise the li'l guy in any way.
Definitely NOT allowed in Jess's lab Posted Image

Wow! That's how you welcome people in your country?

Yup, ask Jess Posted Image

:D :D :D But you're our nerd ....

Hee!! ...our scientist.

This sounds phun! If I get me a passport, can I come too? Please, Please, Please?!?! :P

GET one toot sweet!!!!!!!....room for 1 more! Posted Image

I hope that cake is gluten-free. :P

Oh yes!!... I ♥ cake.... and I have never minded it being gluten-free, so long as it's cake Posted Image
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#43188 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:18 AM

Part deux before i'm plunged into the abyss (again!)

Met hubby 'cos I was dating his brother Posted Image Posted Image

Maybe I should have said I had actually broke up with the aforementioned brother before I courted Tel??....but I had decided I like him when dating his brother.
We was best friends - and gaaawd he made me larph!! (still does - he's a nutter Posted Image)

Was that too much??...vomit worthy? Posted Image

Tomorrow is the Celiac Sprue Associations vendors exhibit hall. Supposed to be lots of samples and things to buy. I plan to skip breakfast and sample away! Will report if I try anything special

Take a swag bag and BLAG as many phree samples as poss. Full report required aft.

Had a dream the other night that I was at a party. For some reason I thought the cake was gluten-free - might have thought it was for my b-day cake. Ate a piece, yum. Got a second piece and ate 1 bite and found it wasn't gluten-free! Woke me up, mad!

I've had this dream and I'm not even a cOeliac!! Posted Image

Probably should have gone to the hospital but didn't. You may not know this, but alcohol was involved.

Posted Image

T'is the undoing of us all Gyiannet! Posted Image
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#43189 elye

elye

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:27 AM

You may not know this, but alcohol was involved.

:huh:

<_<

:lol:

But ouch, Jyaghnuttt! Hope ya had a veritable liquor cabinet in yer system when THAT happened. .. .....

Take a swag bag and BLAG as many phree samples as poss. Full report required aft.

Gnick said BLAG :lol:

Root canal, Gnickkers. . . . . . .....gah, 'tis heinous. . . ... ...are you on some fabulous painkillers, then? ;)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#43190 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

I think this got Bev'd! ..... I'm giving yooz another chance to show some sympathy!!! Posted Image
'cos it hurt like hale!

Aw Nik--hope yer toof is pheeling better today :D

I actually meant to say sumphin bout yer toof, but had already copied yer quote twice to comment. :lol: Was thinkin' bout you, though ;)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#43191 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

I met Mark whilst on a date wif another guy.....

I thought my first (deceased) husband couldn't stand me. He was assigned to train me at my job as a videotape editor at a TV Network. Turned out he was shy and had a crush on me. He asked for a ride home one night when we worked the 7-3 shift and we started dating right away. Posted Image

Wouldn't have met my current hubby Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image if I hadn't married my first. First husband's passing away was the reason for the alarm system (plus I never would have lived where I did if I wasn't with first hubby -it was midway between the Lincoln Tunnel and the GW Bridge and not a family oriented town). I always lived in communities with close knit families prior to that.

Going to the Haunted Motel tonight. Will tell you about it tomorrow. Plan on walking verrry slowly and NOT falling. Bruise a little better but still need to use my gluten-free make-up to cover it up. Witch Hazel seems to be helping the bruise a bit. Have errands to do today before going tonight.

Loey Posted Image

Bottom of face still looks like a zombie stick figure!

#43192 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:11 AM

Nik- also hope you're pfeeling better. I had to have 4 surgeries to replace receding gum lines (they used cadaver gums - boy did that ever give Clark a lot of material to freak me out). I chose to use the cadaver gums because I had heard the skin grafting hurt worse than the procedure. Anyway- sending you healing hugs!!!

Loey

P.S. problems with teeth and gums are yet another problem caused by Celiac that I wasn't aware of before this forum!!!!!

#43193 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

Back from the Gluten Free Lalapalooza! Stuffed with free samples! Had to stop eating all the cookie, cake, muffin, opie, etc samples. Fortunately there were bread, pizza. BBQ sauce, Fried chicken, onion rings,chili soups, Bards beer, Woodchuck Hard cider, and Quesidilla samples to cut the sweet. :o

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#43194 Mtndog

Mtndog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

I think this got Bev'd! ..... I'm giving yooz another chance to show some sympathy!!!

DID SOMEONE CALL ME? :D :D Hi all. Nikki- a root canal- OUCH! You have my sympathy.

Maybe I should have said I had actually broke up with the aforementioned brother before I courted Tel??....but I had decided I like him when dating his brother.
We was best friends - and gaaawd he made me larph!! (still does - he's a nutter

I have been reading along and loving all your stories of how you met hubbies! So funny! Jess- BE sounds like he's worth the risk. I am happy for you :wub: :wub:

I knew my hubbie since I was 16 (he was 13. His older brother Neil was one of my best friends. I cahperoned his high school band ski trip :ph34r: When I was 21-22 I dated Neil and thought Kurt was SO annoying- especially after he trapped me in a car for a 5 hour drive where all we listened to was Phish. The first known pic of the two of us is me (pretending) pouring Cascade on his spaghetti after that drive.

Then he dated my best friend and when she broke up with him, I gave a her a hard time and she said, "Why don't YOU date him?" I was like- EWWWW! No way!

Fast forward 2 years and 2 different coasts and I arrive in San Francisco, walk into his apartment and realized he was the guy I was supposed to marry. :wub:

Going to the Haunted Motel tonight.

Loey

Hi Loey- We haven't met yet. I've been reading along and wanted to say hello! I'm Beverly (Bev) and getting Bev'd means you got forgotten about :lol: :lol: <_< :(

A haunted Hotel? Can I come? I'd be so scared but totally intrigued. I'm all talk, no action.

Happy Halloween weekend all (eat more chocolate!). Love to all, B
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

#43195 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

Back from the Gluten Free Lalapalooza! Stuffed with free samples! Had to stop eating all the cookie, cake, muffin, opie, etc samples. Fortunately there were bread, pizza. BBQ sauce, Fried chicken, onion rings,chili soups, Bards beer, Woodchuck Hard cider, and Quesidilla samples to cut the sweet. :o

Hello Dear Karraaaaang,

Where was it? As I'm sill slowly reintroducing food into my diet it probably would have been frustrating for me to be at a gluten-free Lalapalooza so I'm living through you vicariously. Time to shower, spend 20 minutes covering the bruises (a little better every day) before doing errands and haunted motel date with hubby, and let's not forget laundry.

Loey

P.S. Still plan on "rectifying" tonight. I think I need to find a word that's more Halloweenish. Also hope he stays awake. The stress of his new job and getting up early makes him tired really early. Perhaps immediately after the haunted house!!!!!!!!

#43196 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hello Dear Karraaaaang,

Where was it? As I'm sill slowly reintroducing food into my diet it probably would have been frustrating for me to be at a gluten-free Lalapalooza so I'm living through you vicariously. Time to shower, spend 20 minutes covering the bruises (a little better every day) before doing errands and haunted motel date with hubby, and let's not forget laundry.

Loey

P.S. Still plan on "rectifying" tonight. I think I need to find a word that's more Halloweenish. Also hope he stays awake. The stress of his new job and getting up early makes him tired really early. Perhaps immediately after the haunted house!!!!!!!!

Was at the National Celiac Sprue (hate that word) Association Conference in Kansas City.

Instead of rectifying:

Unwrap the mummy
Ride the broomstick
Soothe the ghost
Share your candy

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#43197 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

Instead of rectifying:

Unwrap the mummy
Ride the broomstick
Soothe the ghost
Share your candy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those are all great!! . . . but ride the broomstick is the clear winner.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#43198 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Was at the National Celiac Sprue (hate that word) Association Conference in Kansas City.

Instead of rectifying:

Unwrap the mummy
Ride the broomstick
Soothe the ghost
Share your candy

Rattle some bones ( or a bone :ph34r:)

Trick or Treat? Both are good choices!

santa-dance.gif

#43199 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

Witch Hazel works really well for bruises.

Giving you extra plusses because it is really helping (though I have a looooong way to go). Finally emailed my girlfriends who are visiting to tell them about it (they're use to my "klutziness" - before I knew about Ataxia) but I doubt it will be gone by Wednesday when they arrive. I'm so excited to have someone from my old home visiting!!!

Loey Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43200 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:13 AM

DID SOMEONE CALL ME? :D :D Hi all. Nikki- a root canal- OUCH! You have my sympathy.

I have been reading along and loving all your stories of how you met hubbies! So funny! Jess- BE sounds like he's worth the risk. I am happy for you :wub: :wub:

I knew my hubbie since I was 16 (he was 13. His older brother Neil was one of my best friends. I cahperoned his high school band ski trip :ph34r: When I was 21-22 I dated Neil and thought Kurt was SO annoying- especially after he trapped me in a car for a 5 hour drive where all we listened to was Phish. The first known pic of the two of us is me (pretending) pouring Cascade on his spaghetti after that drive.

Then he dated my best friend and when she broke up with him, I gave a her a hard time and she said, "Why don't YOU date him?" I was like- EWWWW! No way!

Fast forward 2 years and 2 different coasts and I arrive in San Francisco, walk into his apartment and realized he was the guy I was supposed to marry. :wub:

Hi Loey- We haven't met yet. I've been reading along and wanted to say hello! I'm Beverly (Bev) and getting Bev'd means you got forgotten about :lol: :lol: <_< :(

A haunted Hotel? Can I come? I'd be so scared but totally intrigued. I'm all talk, no action.

Happy Halloween weekend all (eat more chocolate!). Love to all, B

Nice to meet you, too Bev!. I love this forum and particularly this thread!!!

I'm looking forward to the Haunted Motel. The story was that in the 1600's two ships crashed into each other and no one survived. The captain of one of the ships lives in the Shady Motel (called the Bates Haunted Motel). As I mentioned a few days ago on this thread we went to the Night of Terror at the Philadelphia Penitentiary last year and it was pretty creepy. I was talking back to the goblins after a while and even grabbed one of their hands (I'm somewhat ballsy). Most of them were in cells but a lot weren't. I would be surprised if tonight was as scary.
The only thing I'm not looking forward to is covering my bruised face. My girlfriend suggest I use Halloween make-up and duplicate it on the other side but that's not gluten-free. I also think it would look funny at Walmart.

Then I plan on treating Superman right (or rectifying as Jess put it)!!!! That's if we can stay awake.

Loey Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: