51026 replies to this topic

#43231 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:08 AM

I'm choosing to ignore this! Do not want to get into the Thanksgiving/Xmas mess! Have been liking my peaceful life. :(

I know....
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#43232 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

(((((Whispery voice))))): Glad you had a good night, Rah-shyellle!

Wow... . . . . a good friend of DD's is working at getting a portfolio together for applying into visual arts at university. She has been working on facial portraits, and asked Sophie to pose for her.
Well .. . . ......the stills are awesome. When I look at them I do not, for a second, recognise her - - this is the little, mischievious urchin that has toddled through this house, sat on my lap, crawled into bed with me at midnight, a little frightened ball. ........ . .

Do they really have to grow up?. . . . . . . ... . :(.. . . . . . . ..:wub:. . . .

Posted Image

Forgot to ask what year she is in and how old she is. She's going to break a lot of hearts!!!! She's beyond beautiful (and I bet she's as beautiful inside!).

Loey Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43233 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

Gah, Low-eeee.. . ....! What a crappy few days you've had.. . . . ....... :( :angry: Thinkin' about you. . . . . ... . .

Hope this will work for all of youse.. . . ....

http://ak.imgag.com/...125133/graphic1

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement from all of you. You all understand Ataxia and how easily falling can happen. Today was the first day that someone said something to me about my hubby and the bruising. She's the first friend I made here and we've gotten very close. She's worried that I'm in an abusive relationship. It hurt to hear that (and also made me a little angry) when she said t because Clark is not that way. I actually think that I have a worse temper than he does (though it's much better now) and I use to be quite the door slammer. We NEVER spanked our son when he was growing up and Souperman and I rarely fight. As I mentioned before we've been married 19 years and together 22. I'm 58 years old and would never stay with anyone who ever raised a hand to me.

AAAARGG - I ned to find out my vitamin deficiencies , get new glasses (a wrong prescription could be causing the falls during the day as well as ataxia) and perhaps see a neurologist. I'm a mess.

Need to be psilly again!!!!! Don't want to be suspended from this thread. I start a painting class on Wednesday so I know that will provide some pfunny stories!!!!!

Loey

P.S. Also battling BC/BS and Magellan to get $420 in reimbursement from April through August. Ready to cal BBB or Consumer Affairs. Spent 20 minutes on phone (after holding for 20 minutes) and got cut off when they transferred me.

#43234 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

Gah, Low-eeee.. . ....! What a crappy few days you've had.. . . . ....... :( :angry: Thinkin' about you. . . . . ... . .

Hope this will work for all of youse.. . . ....

http://ak.imgag.com/...125133/graphic1

Thanks for the thoughts. The card was awesome. Just belatedly forwarded it to several friends. Thanks or always bringing a smile to my bruised pface!!!

Loey Posted Image Need to cover it up and regardless of the emoticon meaning it looks like a bandit mask!!!!!!

#43235 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

I woke up pheeling like my broomstick gave me some splinters :ph34r: I don't know exactly why and I'm sure that the tequila had nuthing to do with it.... :ph34r:

:huh:

:lol: :lol:

Ummmm, I realize it's 4pm here, but please stop shouting, I didn't get home till 330am and I'm not sure I was completely sober when I woke up :blink: We still have 1 more party to go to in a half hour. I will not be eating or drinking anything other than water! Twas a phabulous night though! :D

Did you go to the parties with BE (I hope)?

BTW, I'll be offline for about two days stating Wednesday night. I have two girlfriends visiting me from NJ (I know I mentioned it previously). I hope to take them to Mystic Seaport in Connecticut on Thursday and then show them my town (lots of quaint stores ) on Friday. They arrive late Wednesday night (sweet hubby driving me to train station a half hour away because lately my night vision isn't great - I definitely have to get eyes checked). They are catching a 5PM train home on Friday. I'm really excited about seeing them! As I also mentioned in a recent post I went to grad school with them (we did all of our group projects and studying together) and I'm old enough to be thier mother! Anxious to get their input on my tutoring the third grader with dyslexia. I want to make sure I help her and not do any harm.

The day has flown by and I still need to shower (I can thank BC/BS for eating up so much of my day - I think I'll either call them tomorrow or next week. I've been winding up in tears by the end of my calls to them. The owe me $420! I swear they try to wear you down so you give up on trying to get the money back. I won't do that and will take whatever measures I have to in order to get it rectified..

Talk to you later!

Loey Posted Image (ecstatic that girlfriends are visiting!!!) Posted Image (angry at BC/BS!!!!)

#43236 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

I have two girlfriends visiting me from NJ

Woo-hoo!! Sounds like phun--enjoy :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#43237 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Take a look at this. :)

A couple of pros came to our club last weekend and taught us this exact routine. We're gonna do the same thing sometime here in Indy :D

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xlbn1ReBoBg

Don't know if you saw the first episode of Oprah's first show of her last season. The Black Eyed Peas performed Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night and there was a flash dance mob. I don't always like Oprah but I LOVE the Black Eyed Peas!!!!! Here's the link.

Loey Posted Image

http://www.oprah.com/entertainment/Oprahs-Kickoff-Party-Flash-Mob-Dance

#43238 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:49 AM

LOVE IT!!!!!!

A couple of pros came to our club last weekend and taught us this exact routine. We're gonna do the same thing sometime here in Indy :D

Here are two more flash dance mobs. One is from the first National Dance Day form SYTYCD and the other is to Lady Gaga songs.

Loey

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Wfn4FaxVCW0

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#43239 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

LOVE IT!!!!!!

That looks SO cool (of course I'd worry about falling right now). I use to LOVE dancing. Hubby hates it. Only danced one dance at our wedding (he's a little shy like Klark). When are you going to try it? Hopefully they'll be a youtube of it so we can see!!!

OK, Now I'm REALY going to get my lazy butt into the shower!

Loey

#43240 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Forgot to ask what year she is in and how old she is. She's going to break a lot of hearts!!!! She's beyond beautiful (and I bet she's as beautiful inside!).

She is seventeen... . .... . ....just got her drivers' license.. ...... . :unsure:... ..no boyfriend yet. It would seem that she is too busy with school work, her part-time job and competitive hockey to even notice guys yet. When I was seventeen, my priorities were, in the following order:
1. My boyfriend
2. Other guys
3. My two best girlfriends (old-fashioned BFF's, I'm told)
4. The party on Saturday night
5. School (if there was a test coming, otherwise, not even on the list). . . . ..... .

Gad, how in hell did I graduate, then make it through university?? Standards must have been considerably lower, then. . .. ... .. :rolleyes:

P.S. Also battling BC/BS and Magellan to get $420 in reimbursement from April through August. Ready to cal BBB or Consumer Affairs. Spent 20 minutes on phone (after holding for 20 minutes) and got cut off when they transferred me.

GAAAHHH :angry: :angry: How absolutely maddening, Low!
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#43241 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,541 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

She is seventeen... . .... . ....just got her drivers' license.. ...... . :unsure:... ..no boyfriend yet. It would seem that she is too busy with school work, her part-time job and competitive hockey to even notice guys yet.

She sounds perfect for J. He would think the hockey thing was cool. Long-distance, they couldn't get into too much trouble. :rolleyes:
Can you image, we could be in-laws! :P

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#43242 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

She sounds perfect for J. He would think the hockey thing was cool. Long-distance, they couldn't get into too much trouble. :rolleyes:

Okay.. . ..DD has said that she needs you to post a pic of him. Fair's fair, she says... . . ..:rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#43243 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,541 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

My link

Okay.. . ..DD has said that she needs you to post a pic of him. Fair's fair, she says... . . ..:rolleyes:

My Av is him in his Halloween costume.

I have some on facebook but not sure how to get them on here.

Trying to get the link for his tv interview to work. Its up at the top. She can see him in living color (green).

http://www.bluevalle...012#albumAnchor

Won't let me post the pic. This is his football pic. They decided to smile and leave the helmet hair.

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

#43244 Mtndog

Mtndog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

My gawd Em, she is absolutely striking! What a beauty :D

Wow- agreed! She's gorgeous, funky and cool (any girl who plays hockey is cool in my book!). I can't believe how fast chillins grow. My gnieces are about to be 5 and 7 :huh: :o

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement from all of you. You all understand Ataxia and how easily falling can happen.

Loey- You've been having a hard time. hang in there- it will get better!

BTW, I'll be offline for about two days stating Wednesday night. I have two girlfriends visiting me from NJ (I know I mentioned it previously). I hope to take them to Mystic Seaport in Connecticut on Thursday and then show them my town (lots of quaint stores ) on Friday.

Fun!!!!! I don't know where you are, but I was in Old Saybrook last weekend!

He's SO handsome!
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

#43245 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,541 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Wow- agreed! She's gorgeous, funky and cool (any girl who plays hockey is cool in my book!). I can't believe how fast chillins grow. My gnieces are about to be 5 and 7 :huh: :

He's SO handsome!

Hi Bev! Thanks! I'm trying to fix him up. Carla B also has a cute 17 yr old daughter.

LTES

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: