51026 replies to this topic

#48226 curlyfries

curlyfries

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

BTW......anyone know what's up with Soozle? It's not like her to keep things from us.
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#48227 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

Yes, a superb pic of past and present c.commers! Ptaoughmmuss's feet do, indeed, look rather gun-boatish... . . . . 'Tis a good thing, for he is, as I recall, very tall as well -- like, six-five er somethin'.. . . . ..?.....At this height one must need a lengthy stabilizing base.... :rolleyes:

When I win the lottery I'm going to visit all me psillies! ;)

OR we need to all meet for a weekend somewhere that's an approximate geographic midpoint. Hmm....London, NZ, throughout the States, Eastern Canada . ......POeter, where would that be?
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48228 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

BTW......anyone know what's up with Soozle? It's not like her to keep things from us.

Meant to comment on this -- yes, what's happened to our Soooozle?.. .. ..:unsure: . . ....I put a brief post in a thread that she had begun yesterday on fb, saying how I hope she is okay.... . . . ... :unsure: :(
Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#48229 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

Yes, a superb pic of past and present c.commers! Ptaoughmmuss's feet do, indeed, look rather gun-boatish... . . . . 'Tis a good thing, for he is, as I recall, very tall as well -- like, six-five er somethin'.. . . . ..?.....At this height one must need a lengthy stabilizing base.... :rolleyes:

OR we need to all meet for a weekend somewhere that's an approximate geographic midpoint. Hmm....London, NZ, throughout the States, Eastern Canada . ......POeter, where would that be?

Don't pick Kansas! I know it's in the middle of the US but I want to go somewhere fun! Bev just got back from Belize & it looked great! Let's go there!

My oldest had those shoes on Ptaum's feet. They made his size 12s look larger. They were huge shoes.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#48230 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Nooo!! Progressive!!!! We go to everyone's house, picking up each person on the way, circling all the way back around dropping off each person. so Russel and I go to Cali, pick up Judy and Tom and Suze, we go to Kansas, pick up the midwesterners, we all go to Canada, pick up Em and Peter, head down the coast, etc ending up in NZ. Then y'all come back to WA, drop off the northwesterners.... and so on and so forth.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#48231 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Nooo!! Progressive!!!! We go to everyone's house, picking up each person on the way, circling all the way back around dropping off each person. so Russel and I go to Cali, pick up Judy and Tom and Suze, we go to Kansas, pick up the midwesterners, we all go to Canada, pick up Em and Peter, head down the coast, etc ending up in NZ. Then y'all come back to WA, drop off the northwesterners.... and so on and so forth.

OMG... . . . . ..can you imagine the absinthe we would be pounding through?.. . . .

We need to recruit a couple of Japanese and Spanish c.com members into Psillyville -- I wanna go there, too!
Emily

#48232 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

What about Knickers??? I wanna go back to London!!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#48233 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Could we get a tricked out bus, like a rock star? With all our various diet issues, it would be good to have the ability to cook. Perhaps, Nik can come over to No. America this year for a tour. Next year we can tour over there?

Remember the thread about completely gluten-free restauraunts? We should hit all of them!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#48234 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

There actually is stable ground in Christchurch? :unsure:

Well, not eggsactly stable stable.. Doesn't mean that it doesn't occasionally move around a bit. Just means that there are no gaping wide cracks in it, and no liquefaction mud volcanoes and such :P and no newly formed ponds or hills.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#48235 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Well, not eggsactly stable stable.. Doesn't mean that it doesn't occasionally move around a bit. Just means that there are no gaping wide cracks in it, and no liquefaction mud volcanoes and such :P and no newly formed ponds or hills.

Wow.. . ...:unsure:.. . . ..imagine what the deductible would be on a new home insurance policy 'round yer parts, Shroooomie...
Emily

#48236 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Wow.. . ...:unsure:.. . . ..imagine what the deductible would be on a new home insurance policy 'round yer parts, Shroooomie...

Yessirreebob, we are all just finding out the insurance ramifications of mother nature's hissy fits. We don't have to use our imaginations any more :ph34r: Our EQC (govt. earthquake insurance) premiums have just doubled throughout the country (first hundred thou of damage) and all other premiums are going up gastronomically :P (as in stomach churning) as they become due. The shoe will fall on us in May. Insurance is THE MAJOR impediment to everything right now - the rebuild effort, construction permits, government buyouts on homes in disestablished 'burbs, etc. No one will move until they can get insurance and the insurance companies themselves are struggling to get reinsurance so they can offer insurance :rolleyes: and are delaying payments as long as humanly or inhumanely possible :(

:unsure:

:unsure:

:huh:

And yet we just flew in over the city a couple of days ago and the city looked luverly :) It was one year ago on the 22nd that everything fell apart :o
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#48237 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Just a quick pop-in for KarenG. Hi Crayon, this electronics site has lots of neato stuff the robotics club might like. They are having a sale on some items per their recent newsletter. I don't remember if I told you about this site b4 or not. Meh, probably, but who knows?

Dontronics store

Dontronics News letter
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#48238 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Just a quick pop-in for KarenG. Hi Crayon, this electronics site has lots of neato stuff the robotics club might like. They are having a sale on some items per their recent newsletter. I don't remember if I told you about this site b4 or not. Meh, probably, but who knows?

Dontronics store

Dontronics News letter

Thanks GeeEFF! I think we are good for this year, but I will pass this to the Robotics coach who also teaches digital electronics. Might be a good time to stock up on all those odd little connectors.

santa-dance.gif

#48239 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Havana is amazing. Want to go back and paint everything I see.

Like Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter?

But seriously . . .wow Cuba! (U say koo-bah now?)

And Bev was in Belize!?

Bunchayaz gittin all worldly n sh :o
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#48240 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

It was a nice visit with Mouse, Chris and Tom. He does have big feet, but never noticed the thumbs. It was great fun to meet up. We should do more of that. ;)

It really was great Lisa. How's your brother been btw?

Hehe "never noticed the thumbs"?!! That pic was taken just moments after your intently quantifying gaze left my hand, having been placed on your shoulder just a second before!

Pfffft never noticed.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: