51026 replies to this topic

#48241 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

It really was great Lisa. How's your brother been btw?

Hehe "never noticed the thumbs"?!! That pic was taken just moments after your intently quantifying gaze left my hand, having been placed on your shoulder just a second before!

Pfffft never noticed.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Well, I think our meeting pre-dated a lot of things, one included the GREAT THUMB DEBATE. But....perhaps it did not preclude my glimpse at your "large" hands tightly wrapped around... that coffee cup. :P :D

Brother is still in Shanghai, soon to return stateside. How's life in CA?
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#48242 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

My oldest had those shoes on Ptaum's feet. They made his size 12s look larger. They were huge shoes.

Ouch . ...Kairreign trying to allhatnocattle me eh? [forehead smacking not producing right phrase]

They are distinctive but it would've'adto've been 5 yrs ago. Avia stopped making bball shoes in '07. It was sad. I liked them enough I tallied up 9 Big5Sports stores in 3 states to stock up. Still have new all-blacks & all-whites.
Hey shroomie maybe we've both been at the one in Sparks ....on 2nd thought u may never have a reason to go to Sparks anyway - if you're heading to the city what's Sparks got that Reno doesn't? (besides best discount brandname sports shoes store of course ;) )
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#48243 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Like Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter?

Notsomuch. ... . ...I was more inspired by the countless '55 Chevys.. . . B) ....man, they were everywhere..... . .. pristine, whizzing by, sounding their great horns....like stepping back in time. In all the music surrounding us, as well -- from Nat King Cole to John Lennon...... .and everything encompassed in a curling haze of maraca beat and fine cigar smoke... . . ..yup, it all begs to be recorded. Hemingway knew this, and I do hope to return there someday to get things down on canvas as he did on notepaper, napkins, envelopes, chequebooks.. . .. . ..:)

Hehe "never noticed the thumbs"?!! That pic was taken just moments after your intently quantifying gaze left my hand, having been placed on your shoulder just a second before!

Pfffft never noticed.

:lol: Well, Ptaummm......all this talk of yer feet, perhaps we should be lookin' at your toes.. . ...
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48244 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

Could we get a tricked out bus, like a rock star? With all our various diet issues, it would be good to have the ability to cook.

Well if we're gonna go that far, might as well have a personal chef on board ;)
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#48245 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hey shroomie maybe we've both been at the one in Sparks ....on 2nd thought u may never have a reason to go to Sparks anyway - if you're heading to the city what's Sparks got that Reno doesn't? (besides best discount brandname sports shoes store of course ;) )

Never found anything at Big5 that would fit me :P
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#48246 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hello Dearest psillies,

Boy have I ever missed you! It's nice to be coming back from the almost dead (don't mean to sound over dramatic). As I mentioned I lost almost two weeks of my life. Superman was amazing. Right now he's "the boss of me" and I'm gladly letting him. I still have memory loss, tremors, and depression (though I feel blessed to have super Rob and all my friends - psillies and those fro home). I have a new therapist who also is licensed to adjust and give out prescriptions. She also works with my neurologist.My new goal is to get well enough to make a trip to NJ in July.

My brother flew up to see me Thursday through Saturday and it meant a lot. On Friday night we took Tony and 4 of his friends to celebrate Tony's 20th BD. We we to Fire and Ice (a great restaurant for us gluten-free'ers). The kids think we're the cool parents so they let rip. At the restaurant one of the kids suggested two games - one was most memorable thing about Tony. Rob's was watching him come out of me. My brother's was watching Tony pee in Rob's face. Mine was him vomiting green eggs & ham on Dr. Seuss day. I'm forgetting what most of the kids said. I think a few were about his my little pony collection. He was very scruffy with a long beard and hair (just the type I was attracted to in college). He has to shave it all off and get a good haircut before he can start working for the public defender. He already started working at Providence Hospital. I'm very proud of him.

Time to hit the sack. Again, I've missed you more than I can say.

Love & HugsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Loey

#48247 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hugs LoLo!! Glad you were well enough to go out and enjoy some time with your men. :)

Here's a site to amuse yourself on when you're lounging about with your laptop. white wine
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#48248 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

All right, I want to know which one of you northern psilly peeps stole our southern summer :ph34r: Here we are, into our second day of autumn already and I have barely got out of my sweats for more than a couple of days. And the good folks of Oz are sending us a "storm bomb" for tomorrow with winds and rain, which is all I got on my mini-vacation to Wellington last week too. I know it wasn't you pholks who had all the psnaough, or even the tornadoes, but SOMEBODY DONE IT!!! You had best turn on a northern summer for me.:rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#48249 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

All right, I want to know which one of you northern psilly peeps stole our southern summer :ph34r: Here we are, into our second day of autumn already and I have barely got out of my sweats for more than a couple of days. And the good folks of Oz are sending us a "storm bomb" for tomorrow with winds and rain, which is all I got on my mini-vacation to Wellington last week too. I know it wasn't you pholks who had all the psnaough, or even the tornadoes, but SOMEBODY DONE IT!!! You had best turn on a northern summer for me.:rolleyes:

Us folks with the tornados have been having a lovely, warm winter.....hence the tornados. It was 70 F today here in KC. Perhaps you should have wintered in Kansas?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#48250 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Us folks with the tornados have been having a lovely, warm winter.....hence the tornados. It was 70 F today here in KC. Perhaps you should have wintered in Kansas?

Okay, so now we know the culprit. :ph34r: You maybe deserved the tornados??? :o
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#48251 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

It has been unusually mild here as well. Very little snow, and what we have had did not last a day on the ground. Folks have reported seeing robins. Our tulips are coming up. It is still THREE WEEKS until spring. :huh:
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

#48252 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

Yup, Ottawa, too... . . . ...our big national winter festival, Winterlude, that features all kinds of concerts, ice sculptures and sporting events along the Rideau Canal (longest skating rink in the world!) was jeopardized due to mild weather and rain throughout the two weeks...

What in hell? :huh:

I'll take it, though....above zero throughout January and February is good for me....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48253 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

I got snowed on yesterday morning on the way to the boat. It's normally in the 50's by now.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#48254 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

70 F yesterday. Snow that didn't stick this a.m. Beautiful & sunny now.

Robot not doing well. Lots of the kids, including M, are having a good time dancing and playing some sort of tag games. Right now M is trying to trade a silver cowboy hat for a girl from another team's pink hat.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#48255 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Weather got pretty intense here. Funnel clouds spotted. Of course the timing was perfect . . . tornado sirens went off about 10 minutes before the elementary school was suppose to get out. (Better than 5 minutes after when the kids would have already been on the buses.) They held all the kids until the all-clear was given. Skeeter was about 50 minutes late getting home. All-clear was given before the Middle School was suppose to get out, but they use the same buses/drivers as the Elementary School (after all of the E-school kids are delivered home). So Smackl was about 45 minutes late getting home as well. My friend was volunteering at the Middle School when the bad weather hit, she said they had the kids in "safety position" . . . on the floor in the halls (no windows),crouched down, heads down and covered with their arms.

Sunshine and blue skies now . . . suppose to get bad again later.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: