• This topic is locked This topic is locked

51026 replies to this topic

#48376 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

You're being polite, Kareng. I sounded like I needed to star in my own version of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.
Love, Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Loey

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugs Lo-Lo! I figured you'd clear up your previous post once you ran out of good drugs!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#48377 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Day4.

Up at 6am. It is fricking freezing. The Pirate turns on the 'heater' which means turning on the propane stove and lighting the oil lamp. I stay in bed while he's heating water for coffee, but without a second body it's too cold to stay there. I get up and put on all the clothes and sit under a blanket. It's so cold that I'm snorting steam out of my nose. The Pirate hands me my coffee.

It's a beautiful day, or will be once the fog burns off. Today's plan is head back into town and find the internet cafe.

to be continued. :)

The Pirate heads up the hill to the coffee shop. I stop at the marina bathroom to wash my hair. Not a lot of space, but it is heated. It's one of those pushbutton faucets that delivers about 6 seconds of water - either hot, or cold, not both. The hairwashing takes a while, and I do a partial blowdry by squatting under the hand dryer.

The Pirate has my coffeecup ready for me and we spend a long morning in a warm room catching up on the world. No potties, you have to run across the street to the ferry terminal to pee. Whatever. The Pirate heads up the hill to try to find a spare fan belt just in case, and we meet up after a bit, head to the store to pick up something for dinner and head back to the boat.

Snacks on the deck as he motors across the way aver to Deer Harbor on Orcas Island. Too many rocks and not enough wind to sail. We anchor out in the bay after marveling at the houses the size of small hotels. We climb into the dinghy and for the dock to tie up and walk into town. At the dock we see two gentlemen loading up a small speedboat with a truckload (literally) of supplies. Either they're having one hell of a party, or they are in one of the houses on a private island, or with beach access only. I see the bags of chicken feed and ask the guy if this part of the adventure has gotten old yet. :) He happily vents for a few minutes about the price of chicken feed and having to boat in, then drive to a store for supplies. His buddy gives him the "can we get going?" look, and we wave goodbye.

It turns out that 'town' was an optimistic word. What we get is a few houses on a country road and a ton of hotels and resort buildings. We go for a walk and go back to the boat for dinner and an amazing sunset. The water is so still that you can see the ripples from something swimming just below the surface.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48378 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Day5.

Cold morning. Inside the boat is dripping. After a few minutes of heat, the Pirate opens up the boat to start the drying out process. He heads out the the dock to ask if we can fill up with water and I pout inside for a while sipping coffee. Eventually I get tired of fussing, fix myself a bowl of yogurt and granola and go up on deck. It;s colder outside, but beautifully sunny. I munch on my breakfast and watch half a dozen eagles circling the hilltop. The pirate comes back and motors over to the dock for water. After this brief pitstop he heads out of the bay. Where do you want to go? Dunno. Pick an island.

After a beautiful couple hours on the water he pulls into a bay. Where are we? East Bay. There's a city dock we can tie up to.

The Pirate hops out and ties up. There's a couple guys on the dock he starts chatting with. Since the Pirate can chat for quite a while, I head off the dock to see what's up. Ah, perfect. A trail into the woods with a sign that says "Sacred Ground. Go Away. By Authority of the Lummi Nation". That's my path. It's a lovely walk along the cliff and I finally feel warm. Get back to the boat and the Pirate is gone. Wander into town, walk two of the three streets and go back to the boat for food. The Pirate shows up with some groceries. The store is on the street I didn't walk. He's also found an internet place. He grabs a snack and we walk the sacred path and meet some friendly dogs and their dogsitter. Back to the boat for a light dinner and another walk through town. All three streets this time. The Pirate has been chatting up people about the barefoot bandit.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48379 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Day6.

Holy crap it's cold. There's so much condensation in the boat that it's raining on the bed. The Pirate gets up and opens the hatches. An amazing sunny morning. We chat with a dad and his kids fishing on the dock and offer them some hot dog for bait. A couple cups of coffee and head up into town to the bookstore for coffee and internet.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48380 elye

elye

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

I just read my last post and boy did I sound out of it. It sorta made no sense. It's embarrassing :huh:.

Hey, Low! Hell, think back to the heeelarrus drunken postings of Jyessss, and SHE never feels embarrassed! Relax! :lol:

The water is so still that you can see the ripples from something swimming just below the surface.

OMG, once again, reading rather haphazardly, I misread something.. . . . . ..I read the above as "The water is so still that you can see the nipples from something swimming just below the surface".. . . .. ... :huh:

Wow... . .. ....like, from a.. . .mermaid? A naked guy?.. .. ...What kinda trip you been takin' with this guy, Jyessss?

:rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48381 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

. . . . . ..I read the above as "The water is so still that you can see the nipples from something swimming just below the surface".. . . .. ... :huh:

So did I :ph34r:

Heckofa good read though.....
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#48382 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Day6.

A couple cups of coffee and head up into town to the bookstore for coffee and internet.

Coffee before coffee? I started to realize we've seen that word ALOT in the past 6 days.......like 15 times to be exact!

Probably because of this........

"I was cold.
Very cold.
Very very very cold."

" My feet were numb, my hands were numb, my face was numb."

"I'm so far into hypothermia that I just stare at him."

"I'm now wearing flannel pants, regular pants, cotton socks, wool socks, two long sleeve Ts, one short sleeve, a cotton hoodie, a fleecie, a rain coat, and a windbreaker."

"I'm cold".

"...been numb with cold,..."

"Cold morning."

"Holy crap it's cold."

Wasn't there some other stuff you talked about, too? I'm sure there was something else......sorry, can't see much beyond "cold". Me and cold don't get along AT ALL. :ph34r:
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#48383 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Lisa has a way of wrapping things up. :lol: AND I hate being cold too, even with the most handsome of Pirates. B) But must admit that Mr. Sean Penn could warm me timbers no matter where we might be. :P Harrrrr....
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#48384 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Coffee is an essential nutrient. :ph34r:

I have a great porcelain mug that holds one US pint (16 oz). My travel mug holds the same. Then a refill at Starbucks most days at work. :D
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#48385 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

"I was cold.
Very cold.
Very very very cold."

" My feet were numb, my hands were numb, my face was numb."

"I'm so far into hypothermia that I just stare at him."

"I'm now wearing flannel pants, regular pants, cotton socks, wool socks, two long sleeve Ts, one short sleeve, a cotton hoodie, a fleecie, a rain coat, and a windbreaker."

"I'm cold".

"...been numb with cold,..."

"Cold morning."

"Holy crap it's cold."

The many times that I have spent three hours sitting in our big outdoor football stadium during the end of season games (November), snug in my long johns and blankie, the older fans have taught me something pivotal -- coffee, tea, hot chocolate, forget it. NOTHING gets you warm and keeps you that way but alcohol. Most of them were throwing back brandy or scotch from their little silver vials.. . . ...

Jyessss! Get some gin, fer gawd's sake! No more of this coffee child's play!

:rolleyes:

But must admit that Mr. Sean Penn could warm me timbers no matter where we might be. :P Harrrrr....

Or Captain Sparrow. . . ... . Mr. Depp...quite a fetching swashbuckler, somehow.....matted hair, blackened teeth an' all. . . .....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48386 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Lisa has a way of wrapping things up. :lol: AND I hate being cold too, even with the most handsome of Pirates. B) But must admit that Mr. Sean Penn could warm me timbers no matter where we might be. :P Harrrrr....

I'll take Robert Downey Jr - Ironman & Superman would equal a delicious combo. Can't wait for The Avengers to come out! I have a LOT of reading to do to catch up with the travelogue. I get the notion she's cold Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Love,
Loey

#48387 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

I get the notion she's cold Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm thinking she might need two pirates to keep her warm?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#48388 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

I'm thinking she might need two pirates to keep her warm?

Pirates and some of their Booty Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48389 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Or Captain Sparrow. . . ... . Mr. Depp...quite a fetching swashbuckler, somehow.....matted hair, blackened teeth an' all. . . .....

I'll take Robert Downey

Well now you're talking girls.....can we have a laminated list of top ten pirates?? Posted Image
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#48390 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Good reading there on the travelogue Jest. Sounds like you need one of those big yellow slickers that the fishermen wear to keep toasty and dry. I can just see your picture on the front of a box of Gorton's fish sticks. And the slogan would be :"Gorton's fish sticks, caught by Jest herself".

Welcome back - back low-E. Sounds like you are feeling a mite better, that's good news.

I saw this announcement on another site. Seems like with all the interest in healthy diets here that someone would have suggested this one by now. But of course we can't be on top of all the new developments all the time. I am thinking of becoming a distributor for the products when they are available. Jest could help too since she has a boat for deliveries to the island folks. I am not sure coffee is going to work out though, sorry Jest.

The new Eocene diet that is sweeping the nation:
http://wholehealthso...ocene-diet.html
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: