#48421 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'm baaaaaaack.. I think.. ;)

Yay! Welcome back. We missed you, too.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#48422 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

I'm baaaaaaack.. I think.. ;)

I will try to catch up reading over the next few days. We'll see how that goes. I missed you all SOOOOOOOO much!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Hi Russell! Glad you're back!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#48423 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Yay! Welcome back. We missed you, too.

Hi Russell! Glad you're back!

Thank you!! Me too!!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#48424 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

YAAAAAY! Ra-shyellle is BACK! Loved yer latest pics on da Book, R.. . . . . . . :)
And Jyessss is back on land......what an adventure, girl! I think the second thing you need to do after grabbing cat litter and air freshener is calling your petsitter and giving 'im bloody hell. . . ....

Shrooomie! I forgot to get on your aerial link....will do this now, with Jack, as all he wants to do in his life is go to NZ..... B)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48425 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

So how long has the pirate been in the picture? Sounds like a miserable blast! :lol: I would love to do something like that!

I shall save the heavy for the email updates. I think there may be some hell aboutst to happen. I shall come here for the comic relief.

On the brightest side... The vegetarian has found a hunter/fisherman to sink her teeth into... :o Crazy, I know! But they are having a really good time together :ph34r:
:lol: :lol:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#48426 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

On the brightest side... The vegetarian has found a hunter/fisherman to sink her teeth into... :o Crazy, I know! But they are having a really good time together :ph34r:
:lol: :lol:

Excellent!

I bin chillin' wif me pirate since the new year.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#48427 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Excellent!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

#48428 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hey Bunnie & Rachelle are back! (Ugh I keep slipping w/ brainfog etc but I'm mostly trying to keep up)

Loved reading your seafaring tales Jess. :)
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#48429 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hey TomTom! Keep brushing away that brain fog -- eventually it will stay gone. :)

Next upcoming saga: The house sitter stole some of the Pirate's mail and took my truck joyriding. I tried to give him an out and let him blame it on a friend but he kept insisting he knew nothing about a missing package....until the officer showed up at his job and informed him that he'd left the packaging at my house...

He, and one or more of his parents are coming over tonight to return the bulbs and learn that "joyriding" in WA state is a felony. Should be an interesting evening.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48430 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hey TomTom! Keep brushing away that brain fog -- eventually it will stay gone. :)

Next upcoming saga: The house sitter stole some of the Pirate's mail and took my truck joyriding. I tried to give him an out and let him blame it on a friend but he kept insisting he knew nothing about a missing package....until the officer showed up at his job and informed him that he'd left the packaging at my house...

He, and one or more of his parents are coming over tonight to return the bulbs and learn that "joyriding" in WA state is a felony. Should be an interesting evening.

He stole flower or light bulbs? Somethings wrong with that boy!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#48431 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

He stole flower or light bulbs? Somethings wrong with that boy!

He's a bit of a dim bulb :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#48432 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

light bulbs. led bulbs from China. Yes, dim bulb sums it up. His dad is disgusted and can't even talk to him. Not looking forward to lunch with his mom on Friday. She's one of my good friends, and I see this entirely as the kid's (24, not really a kid) problem. But I imagine that a parent would feel a lot of negative things in this situation.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48433 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

light bulbs. led bulbs from China. Yes, dim bulb sums it up. His dad is disgusted and can't even talk to him. Not looking forward to lunch with his mom on Friday. She's one of my good friends, and I see this entirely as the kid's (24, not really a kid) problem. But I imagine that a parent would feel a lot of negative things in this situation.

I would be mortified if my kid did that at 16 or 36. I guess I would feel like I didn't teach him like I should.

J doesn't really have a summer job, so if you want to sail the 7 seas all summer.....he always liked the chickens at the petting zoo & The neighborhood Evil Kitty always liked him better than his own family. He could build an elevator for the chickies or build a robot to feed the kitties in his spare time. Maybe re- paint your truck?

LTES

#48434 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

J doesn't really have a summer job, so if you want to sail the 7 seas all summer.....he always liked the chickens at the petting zoo & The neighborhood Evil Kitty always liked him better than his own family. He could build an elevator for the chickies or build a robot to feed the kitties in his spare time. Maybe re- paint your truck?

Good to know. Maybe he could build a self closing door to the coop that's keyed to the amount of sunlight.

Either that or he could train Seuss, the rooster, to tap a button and shut the door when all the girls are inside.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48435 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Well.

Jess's saga ends with sunshine, chatting up the locals, a nice hot bath, and a 24 year old delinquent. Boy, unemployment doesn't sound too bad! (minus the delinquent)

Good to have Thoughmus,BunBun, and Rayshell back in the fold ^_^ Now all we need is Soozle. I hear she's been peeking in unnoticed. :rolleyes:

Soooo.....who here has today ever found a bullet in their bedroom with a hole in their wall and picture frame?

:myhandintheair:

:o

Time to move, methinks
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: