51026 replies to this topic

#48976 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I do need to keep on moving and living regardless of how much pain I'm in.

Love,
Loey

That is an awesome attitude!

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#48977 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

That is an awesome attitude!

Yep, it sure is. Loweeee has often proven to us how awesome she remains.. . . ... :)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48978 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Patteigh, whenever I am in a Starbucks, or even pass one by, I always think of you and Mark, as this is where we all met in Philly

I think of that afternoon often too, Em. It was so much fun and we enjoyed being with you and your family so much :)

Twice - Yummy!!!!!!! And bought a house gift at Pottery Barn and clothes at Chico's, Black & White, and Anthropologie.

A girl after me own heart! B)

Yep, it sure is. Loweeee has often proven to us how awesome she remains.. . . ... :)

True dat!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#48979 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Speaking of AWSOME... check out my son now...

Posted Image

- Vincent -

#48980 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yea for Tim!!! Quite an accomplishment !
Patti

#48981 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

Wahoooo! Way to go, Timothy! :D B)
Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#48982 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

I wrote a reply and hit the wrong key then POOF it disappeared into cyberspace. Anway, you should be extremely proud. My 20 year old has been taking Martial Art since he was 6. At times he wanted to drop out but we changed schools (Princeton Academy of Martial Arts). His Sifu trained under Bruce Lee and Dan Isanto came at least twice a year. I don't want to make this about my son - I want to focus on Tim. Sending applause to him. What a great accomplishment. KUDOS!!!!

Love, Loey

P.S. how old is Tim?

Speaking of AWSOME... check out my son now...

Posted Image

#48983 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

P.S. to yesterday. Dermatologist said it was a staph infection. It got into my blood stream, hence my breast lesions. I'm on Septra DS and Murpirocin. If it doesn't clear up when I see the doc in 2 wks I'll have to have it surgically removed. Thinking positive. IT WILL HEAL!!!!!!!! Time for me to go to my oncologist and then off to do errands (it's amazing how much I enjoy doing my errands again).

Love,
Loey

#48984 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

Sending healing thoughts, Lo:)

Have phun running errands!
Patti

#48985 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Thanks all!

I wrote a reply and hit the wrong key then POOF it disappeared into cyberspace. Anway, you should be extremely proud. My 20 year old has been taking Martial Art since he was 6. At times he wanted to drop out but we changed schools (Princeton Academy of Martial Arts). His Sifu trained under Bruce Lee and Dan Isanto came at least twice a year. I don't want to make this about my son - I want to focus on Tim. Sending applause to him. What a great accomplishment. KUDOS!!!!

Timothy is 8, he will be 9 by the time (this November) he tests for his full Black Belt. My wife and I are taking class with him, so we all will be testing in November. Should be fun! They also just invited him to join the CIT program (Certified Instructor Training)!

This started as a way to treat his ADHD, and now had grown into a family sport. :lol:

- Vincent -

#48986 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Timothy is 8, he will be 9 by the time (this November) he tests for his full Black Belt. My wife and I are taking class with him, so we all will be testing in November. Should be fun! They also just invited him to join the CIT program (Certified Instructor Training)!

This started as a way to treat his ADHD, and now had grown into a family sport. :lol:

Congratulations to Timothy!!

Change Timothy to Smackl (that's what I call my son on-line). Change Karate to Tae Kwon Do. Change a couple of the dates/ages and you've got my son . . . including the ADHD and the instructor training program.

I love it!!! Smackl was never destined for a team sport and this program has been perfect for him.

Congrats to you adults as well . . . that is something I couldn't do . . . really bad knees here.

Hiya Loey, good to hear from you and glad to hear you are out and about.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#48987 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

My son's friend's mom: " How are you? I know you haven't been well lately" Me: "Getting better, thanks. Found out I was full blown Celiac, so no more gluten for me. It's been really hard to get used to." "Really!? Because I went totally gluten free to get 'bikini ready' for our trip and it's SOOO easy!" Blank stare. (in my head: "Assholes wear bikinis??") Sigh. Celiac makes me cranky.

Hah, had to post this one to prove you are so right. And hot ones too!

I hope this balloon pic doesn't offend. If it does feel free to remove picture. My sister in New Mexico sent me this today. Said it was from the Albuqurque Baloon Festival

Yes they do!

Posted Image
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#48988 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Change Timothy to Smackl (that's what I call my son on-line). Change Karate to Tae Kwon Do. Change a couple of the dates/ages and you've got my son . . . including the ADHD and the instructor training program.

Heh, we used to call him Tymber online.. but got dropped along the way. Between homeschooling, and Karate so far we have been able to work on teaching him to cope with his ADHD without drugs. I am not against medication when it is needed (heck, I have done the ADHD meds myself) but if we can training him to cope with out drugs, he will be much better off. Then he can harness the benefits of ADHD (drugs remove them to a degree) and overall be healthier. :)

And if not, at least he now knows how to properly kick someone in the face. Always a useful skill! :lol:

- Vincent -

#48989 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

And if not, at least he now knows how to properly kick someone in the face. Always a useful skill! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Indeed... . . ...
Emily

#48990 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hah, had to post this one to prove you are so right. And hot ones too!

I hope this balloon pic doesn't offend. If it does feel free to remove picture. My sister in New Mexico sent me this today. Said it was from the Albuqurque Baloon Festival

Yes they do!

It doesn't offend me. Could you IM me the link. This is right up superman's alley!

Mising your posts.

Love, Loey

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: