51026 replies to this topic

#49621 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Having gone through this in my own family, as a child, I can tell you that you will want to keep those texts forever.

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#49622 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

I've been saving screen shots of them. There was one day I got 34 texts in 10 min!! He's crazy but he puts on such a good show it'd be nearly impossible to prove-and that was from my dd's therapist!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#49623 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Mocha in my cup...

Just got back from my first class of Akihito-Jutistu (Spelling???)

So mid November my entire family will be 1st degree black in American Freestyle Karate, and hoping for "first yellow" in Akihito.

Akihito will make my 3rd martial art, my wife's forth, and my son's second. :)

Edited by VydorScope, 04 October 2012 - 06:22 PM.

- Vincent -

#49624 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Akihito will make my 3rd marital art, my wife's forth, and my son's second. :)

Marital arts can be very pleasant. Do you also do martial arts? :ph34r:
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#49625 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Marital arts can be very pleasant. Do you also do martial arts? :ph34r:

In this house there is not much of a difference... ;)

- Vincent -

#49626 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

YES!

:huh: How in hell did that get in my ho' tub?.......

HA. I remember the mystery Of the crutch tip in your hot tub ;)
I remember it was Tara cota color :)
but I swear me in my cane Were never in your hot tub :)

Vincent... Enjoyed Your link and your look great. Wow published Author,so proud of you
Judy in Southern CA

#49627 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

I would have to go digging for it, but there was a picture one day of my balls. :ph34r:

I found it. It was more than four years ago.

Wow! has it really been 4 years? I suppose they probably don't look like that anymore, eh PeOter? :P
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#49628 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

In this house there is not much of a difference... ;)

:lol: Yes, nor here, either... . . . ..lot of choke holds, backflips....

HA. I remember the mystery Of the crutch tip in your hot tub ;)
I remember it was Tara cota color :)

Yes! We played twenty questions.....What strange little item did I find in my drained ho'tub? ..... . . ...I believe that Ptaoughmnn finally got it....... :lol:

Wow! has it really been 4 years? I suppose they probably don't look like that anymore, eh PeOter? :P

Well, POeter should probably post a current pic of his balls....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#49629 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Mocha in my cup...

Just got back from my first class of Akihito-Jutistu (Spelling???)

So mid November my entire family will be 1st degree black in American Freestyle Karate, and hoping for "first yellow" in Akihito.

Akihito will make my 3rd martial art, my wife's forth, and my son's second. :)

That is awesome. My son is the Kung Fu Master in our household. He started at 6 and is still going strong at twenty. He studied with a Sifu who studied with Bruce Lee. The discipline and ways of the art helped to develop a strong confident young man. Most people don't realize that you're only supposed to use your skills when t's absolutely necessary. I think your next series of books should be about Martial Arts.

I think it's so great that your whole family participates! Way to go!!!

Loey

#49630 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

That is awesome. My son is the Kung Fu Master in our household. He started at 6 and is still going strong at twenty. He studied with a Sifu who studied with Bruce Lee. The discipline and ways of the art helped to develop a strong confident young man. Most people don't realize that you're only supposed to use your skills when t's absolutely necessary.

I think it's so great that your whole family participates! Way to go!!!

Loey

Of course you do under stand tath "absolutely necessary" includes when my son does not want to eat his veggies, or get ready for bed... or breaths funny, or the sun is up or the sun is down.... ;)

- Vincent -

#49631 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Yes, they are on Amazon, B&N, etc. I just cannot link to them in a post under the forum rules. I will PM details.

I'm on the third volume and will be disappointed when I finish it. To me that's a sign of a great book - you don't want it to end. I've been telling everyone in all of my doctor's offices (that's a LOT of people) that have a Kindle, iPad or other electronic wonder about Vincent's books. Yesterday two people put the info on their iPad and were going to look it up when they got home.

Since Vincent is somewhat modest and doesn't push his book I'll do it. GO OUT & GET IT!!!!!!!! It's well worth more than he charges and is absolutely awesome, intriguing and well written. If each of us purchase it we can start a new thread and discuss the book. A "Vincent Book Club."

OK, off to another doctor. She's an hour away so I'll get in some reading time. My pain doctor increased my Oxycontin. I was a real space cadet this morning until I ate something. The higher dose is helping. This is the longest I've been at my computer for a long time. I miss all of my psillies.

This week Rob was supposed to hear one way or another about the job. My warped logic is that I don't really wan to move so he'll get it. Please say a collective prayer that he gets it.

Lot's of love and hugs,
Loey

I'll be back the next time I feel up to it my PCP told me it takes 4-6 weeks to be back to normal (that will be hard as I've never been normal) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49632 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Loey . . . "normal" is totally over-rated!! . . . fingers crossed for Rob

Had my annual boob smashing and squishing today. Best part about the day? . . . it's a whole year before I have to do it again.

Headed out to Five Guys for supper . . . I love that place.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#49633 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

Loey . . . "normal" is totally over-rated!! . . . fingers crossed for Rob

Had my annual boob smashing and squishing today. Best part about the day? . . . it's a whole year before I have to do it again.

Headed out to Five Guys for supper . . . I love that place.

Nothing personal male psillies but a prostate exam has nothing on a mammogram. Sometimes I think it's easier to go though childbirth than a mammo because at least you get a baby out of the pain.

BTW, when I was in the hospital a male student nurse had to cath me. I've been cathed many times since Tony was 2 (interstitial cystitis) so although it's extremely painful I know to relax. I wish I had a camera on his face. OK, pardon me if that was TMI.

OK, I've contributed my share of grossness for this sitting. Time to get to volume 3 (halfway through) and see what's going to happen next (another sign of a great book is that it's not predictable!

Hugs,
Loey

#49634 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Well, no grossness here, just lots of apple and pear sauce. Did see something fun: http://blog.hemmings...a-lot-of-soda/. The pirate and I are gonna build one of these these winter, hopefully bigger. I'll see what kind of material I can get from freecycle and I'll hit up friends for the soda cans. This really looks like something even I can do, but the pirate loves clever crafty things from scraps (did I tell you about the animal trap he made from crap in my back yard?) so he's looking forward to it too.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#49635 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Well, no grossness here, just lots of apple and pear sauce. Did see something fun: http://blog.hemmings...a-lot-of-soda/. The pirate and I are gonna build one of these these winter, hopefully bigger. I'll see what kind of material I can get from freecycle and I'll hit up friends for the soda cans. This really looks like something even I can do, but the pirate loves clever crafty things from scraps (did I tell you about the animal trap he made from crap in my back yard?) so he's looking forward to it too.

That is a great solar heater! I think beer cans would work! Too bad most gluten-free beer is in bottles.

J made an AC for his room with ice in a cooler, a fan & copper tubing & a small aquarium pump. I believe the Pirate and he may have a lot in common.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: