mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Glad you're okay, Patteigh. :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#50372 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

I just lost all 5 of my multiquotes, and I can see smilies but can't use them. I'm so annoyed today!! Where's the little annoyed guy when I need him!!!

Glad you're okay, Patteigh. :)

So sososososo glad you guys are all OK!!! Been thinking and praying for you all!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#50373 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Alright guys, i've discovered and killed the second wasp in my room (with dawn dish soap no less). Those bloody bugs keep crawling under my door. All sweet things like honey have been stashed in the fridge.

Do you think i could tape some cardboard on the bottom of my front door, enough to keep them out? I looked around at king soopers when i was there last and found nothing that could help.

I also sent an email to housing telling them about this madness.

#50374 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Alright guys, i've discovered and killed the second wasp in my room (with dawn dish soap no less). Those bloody bugs keep crawling under my door. All sweet things like honey have been stashed in the fridge.

Do you think i could tape some cardboard on the bottom of my front door, enough to keep them out? I looked around at king soopers when i was there last and found nothing that could help.

I also sent an email to housing telling them about this madness.

You have masking or duct tape? You could hang it at the bottom of the door, sticky side hanging lower than door. If they tried to get in, they would stick. You could use a double sided tape or tape in a circle (like you put on the back of a poster to hang up) & put it on the floor under the door, too.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#50375 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

oooooh that might work.... no duct tape or masking (i don't think)... i'll see what i can scrounge together...

#50376 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

oooooh that might work.... no duct tape or masking (i don't think)... i'll see what i can scrounge together...

Or try a rolled up bath towel.

Does housing pay your heating bill? If so you might email them to suggest they install a gasket on the bottom of your door or threshold which will keep bugs out and save energy :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#50377 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

I've been doing the towel, but i can't do anything with it when i leave as it moves. I did however find some double sticky side tape and some cardboard and taped it at the bottom of the door so its flush with the floor. It opens and closes more slowly.. but if it works...

Yeah, they do. I used their email this time. I know for a fact that the head of housing often answers the emails.... so maybe this'll get them to do something about it?

#50378 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, they do. I used their email this time. I know for a fact that the head of housing often answers the emails.... so maybe this'll get them to do something about it?

I would have sent an emailing discussing the wasps I had found, then stated that I was allergic to wasps and demanded to know what precautions they would be taking to get me to the ER if I were stung.....
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#50379 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

maybe. Oh well (I swell really bad at the sight, it has yet become bad enough for epi pens apperently), I'ma get a can of hairspray next time i go to the store. Probably something cheap to make it easier to kill them, as lysol ticks them off.

I got myself into another delima... lets just say never leave dishsoap on something thats going in the dishwasher to be ran. Don't do it!

#50380 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

If anyone is having functionality issues with the board please report them in the technical support thread that is already there...thank you!
Scott
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#50381 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

There was one family who we have not heard from since before the storm and we could not reach all day. So I put out an all call on Facebook to track them down and someone saw it and called someone else who drove out to their house and found them stuck with out power or food! Now they have dinner and are safe! Yay! Internet+Smart phones rock at a time like this! *insert snoopy dancing here*

- Vincent -

#50382 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

There was one family who we have not heard from since before the storm and we could not reach all day. So I put out an all call on Facebook to track them down and someone saw it and called someone else who drove out to their house and found them stuck with out power or food! Now they have dinner and are safe! Yay! Internet+Smart phones rock at a time like this! *insert snoopy dancing here*

:) :) :)

Posted Image
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#50383 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Called my family, they're fine. Got a lot of rain, but they missed the flooding apperently.

#50384 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Vincent . . . so nice of you to get them some help . . . from afar. I might have to knight you or sumptin'.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#50385 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Emily!!!

Janet...err no thanks! :D

- Vincent -

0 user(s) are reading this topic