51026 replies to this topic

#50401 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

TO OUR AMERICAN MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT IN SMART STATES LIKE ARIZONA DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS THIS WEEKEND!

One hour back! If I am ever supreme dictator, this is on my list to eliminate!

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#50402 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Tomorrow I see the pain doctor. He's seeing patients at a restaurant as he has no power. I'm guessing we won't have to give a urine sample.
Loey

.. . .Jeez... :unsure: . . .. ..hope no one is due for a pap smear...how long are the restaurant tables?... ..

TO OUR AMERICAN MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT IN SMART STATES LIKE ARIZONA DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS THIS WEEKEND!

Well, perhaps Kween Jyaghnutt can proclaim somethin' for Psillyville..... . ...we could all keep our clocks the same around here...I'd be up an hour before everyone else, sitting for an extra hour at appointments, heading to bed while everyone is watching the news...But we'd be together in Psilly Psolidarity! :rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#50403 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

I went and lost all me psillly while it was down :(

Did you get yer silly back, Shroom? :)

Is no my fault...... :ph34r:

And contrary to popular opinion, not mine either B)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#50404 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

-sigh-

Alright, so part of my headphones died yesterday right? No big deal right? Right.

so i opened my backup pair today only to notice they've reduced the feel of them. Fine go green and all that. Then i noticed a white poweder on them. Fine, whipe down really well with a damp paper towel and keep going right? Noticed i did not get all of it off so after class the pair of headphones got a full bath (made my ears itch so its probably latex or something).

All good right?

When i went to insert it into my mp3 player, it was not working right (this was before the bath). Alright, unplug plug into something else. Headphones work fine.

Sadly, I believe my mp3 player is dying. I'm hoping it'll hold out till black friday so i can replace it (its... 4 or so years old? it gets used every day and it helps me with my stress issues).

Why now? why why why TT_TT

#50405 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

LOL! I don't know if it was your karma or not. The outage originated with power problems at the internet connection to celiac.com. The celiac.com server is in your state, Bunnie! :o

Besides, I'd like to think that I've paid my dues by now and my karma
should be bringing the pSiLlies only happy things at this point. Right? :lol:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#50406 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I can't wait to get an extra hour of sleep! It does help to have more light during your waking hours too. People start to stagger around like zombies during this time of the year, until the time changes.
Michigan

#50407 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

I tend to zombie most of the time. :wacko:

So drizzly and gloomy here. Slept in til almost 8 - even the rooster wasn't getting out of bed any earlier - and waiting for a break in the rain to run out and feed the chickies.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#50408 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

5 days of 5am starts thanks to kids body clocks after our change last weekend, as predicted :o :o :o
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#50409 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

...........tumbleweeds......

Where IS everybody?!!? :ph34r:

<---Lonely Bunnie.... :(
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#50410 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi Bun!!! :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#50411 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Had the pirate over for a couple days. Don't see him as much now that he has a job.

Computer crashed. Never figured out why, but was able to use my disc to boot up and restore to a previous date.

Harvested what may be the last of the tomatoes and peppers. Most of them are split from the constant rain we've had for the past few weeks, so I think I'll throw everything in a blender and make salsa.

Need to make another pot of apple/pear stuff. Gearing up to sort through the last box of pears to see if any of them are usable. Already gave some to the chickens. Some look moldy, but undamaged so I'll soak them in venagar after washing, and peel all the skin to check for mold. I think it's just from the couple of truly moldy, damaged pears that were in the box.

Still have plenty of apples, but they are hardier than pears so I'll deal with them later.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#50412 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Still here!
Fell over in the park and grazed my knees today. What am I, 3???
Had a great time looking at dinosaur stuff too.

Happpppy weeeekennnnd :)

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#50413 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Got a Robotics thing to go to tonight and tomorrow.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#50414 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I am here just sipping on my Cafe' Mocha in a Tigger mug while finishing my lesson that I will be teaching in a couple hours....

- Vincent -

#50415 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

What do you teach, Vynscegnt?
I am going over the master list of props/costume items needed for Jack's Fall Production. We have a labour dispute going on within the province between all the teachers' unions and the government, who just passed a bill of pretty tight austerity measures. As per usual, the kids are the ones suffering, as the teachers have stopped ALL extra-curricular activities -- no high school sports teams, arts clubs, tutoring groups, or drama productions. SOoOOoOo, some amazing kids at Jack's school decided that the show must go on, and are putting on their own huge production all on their own. They've had to search out sponsors, get a rehearsal venue, theatre for the final shows, all props and costumes, all advertising .....with no help from the school board. It's quite exciting, really. |I can't believe what these kids can do with a little support.

So I need to find, in order of importance: two burqas, a straight jacket, a (fake) sub-machine gun and and a sultan's headdress. :unsure:

Here's the promotional poster I did. We're sending it to all media outlets and posting it on community billboards. Jack's the guy on the left...

Posted Image
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: