#50746 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

broncobux...I think.

That's what I was thinking, too. :) Lookin' good, lady!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#50747 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Well, I did not go to the Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Show today, the number 150 edition (it was 54 degrees!) and I did not see Prince Charles and Camilla, so I did not get to execute the curtsey I had been practising for months!! - yes, even in hospital -- and I am so disappointed :P not to have personally made the acquaintance of our next king and his consort -- somehow that name seems appropriate for her although she is gracious enough, goodness knows -- (unless, of course, he abdicates - which he will never do because I believe he actually likes this stuff :unsure: and has been waiting sooooo many years for it), and maybe before he dies his mum will and then he will be "IT"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#50748 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Sooooo today in one of my classes a student did a presentation on fukushima and cited the chernobyl incident along with images of its victims. (i am not trying to start a debate or anything of the sort)

I have an interest into various... shall we say medical conditions caused by genetics or whathaveyou, both lifetaking and able to live with ones? So, following this i decided to surf on wikipedia and find out what the effects were.

I had already known some of the medical terms and could identify them on the video the student showed amongst others. It has led me to the conclusion that genetics or rather the human body can be a funny thing.

Just one "info part" out of line and it can do things that you wouldn't think would be possible. I feel lucky that my issues are minor in comparison to what others deal with on a day to day basis.

Random tangent i thought would make an interesting subject to talk about.

#50749 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I take exception to this! I never had a math class that looked anything like English!

Isosceles

Me thinks it is also equilateral :P , and apart from "the square on the hypotenuse equals the sum of the square on the other two sides," that is all the geometry I have retained (or perhaps ever knew?? :rolleyes:

I dunno, but it sure scared the bejeezes out of me. I learned from it though. The first bookkeeping class I went to I walked out of, never to return :ph34r:

OMG. . .. . ... . . . ..STOP THE MATHS!! I feel sick..... . ..

Please, please, let's talk about...... . ..split infinitives....phrasal verbs......my favortite -- dangling participles... . .!!

Maybe the critical review starts w/ calling the book unengaging.

"Pfff .. . Pull an axe on me, eh?"

Lotta lol . .. ..reciprocation welcomed, in a sense an integral part of an infinite series of posts. (whose sum remains finite, natch)

The Yeti's Guide to Stream of Consciousness

I still need read my book. Hmmm got till Tuesday Midnight though... still probably should start it soon.

Lol, i got the main body of the paper done, now i have to do the annotated bibliography (ugh) and proof read it.

OK, this was clearly written by one of us, despite the clever use of 'bigfoot' in place of 'yeti'

http://news.yahoo.co...-190210006.html

HI SILLS :D

all of the above has me larfing in bed. I think? well, most of it, espeshully the mathS parts. :blink:

and the triangles :lol:

but feeling sorry for the people who have papers due .

I have been busy - no - consumed with - season one of Homeland, just finished season one last night, thought I might
hyperventilate and die.....IS ANYONE WATCHING THIS ?? I need a support group......GAH !!

have more to say but am in fetal position with stomach pain. could be lunch at Chili's today ( was not my choice)
<smirk face>

(got emoticonally busted and had to erase the triangles )

night night !! ;)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#50750 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

DingoGirl
There must be some kind of multiquotes award for that last post. I thought for a minute I was having a flashback.

Mushroom
I think you are right about Charles. No way is he handing over. It was his birthday yesterday (along with one of my best friends, I can't quote birthdays for the rest of the family). Sorry you missed him.

You'll notice I have not worked out quotes from my phone :o

Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#50751 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Mushroom
I think you are right about Charles. No way is he handing over. It was his birthday yesterday (along with one of my best friends, I can't quote birthdays for the rest of the family). Sorry you missed him.

You mean your best friend was not invited over for the birthday party?? :unsure: There were 64 other people he shared his birthday with, though, the oldest being 101 and she couldln't even speak, to say "Gidday, Charlie." They baked 64 cakes for him, each one expressing some aspect of Kiwiana -- don't know if he appreciated it or not. There was sheeps and pavlova with Kiwifruit, and of course a Kiwi (bird), and practically everything in between :lol: :lol: Video of the show tomorrow at six :P See how current we are down here?
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#50752 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Just one "info part" out of line and it can do things that you wouldn't think would be possible.

Like a 2nd tiny set of feet under someone's chin?
That the kind of thing we're talkin 'bout?
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#50753 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

One of the reasons I decided not to undertake the delicate art of reproduction :P after the aspersions cast on me mum!!! (And no, I look quite visually normal - no pheats under chins -- it's what lies beneath you really have to worry about :ph34r:
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#50754 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

Well dunno about that one, but there are real people alive today with six fingers, and webed toes. DNA is packed with information such that your entire physical body can be recreated from a single strand of your dna. You body is an extremely complex machine so the amount of information need to do that is insane. The problem is lots of things can adversely effect DNA, and then you have mistakes in the creation of the physical body. Thus autism and other issues are created.

- Vincent -

#50755 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Fantastic pic, Lisa......and I did not know about Metta's passing -- I'm so sorry to hear this....

:lol: :lol: Phorgot about this.. . .must remind The Ripper of this postulation of his. He's now 15 and may roll his eyes and fail to see the side-splitting humoUr in it......or not. I'll ask him for another "You must pick one of these" life situations.
What was the other choice, anyways? Canna recall -- We had to choose a life with two little feet dangling from our chins, or.. . ....what?. . ... :unsure: . ...

Well dunno about that one, but there are real people alive today with six fingers, and webed toes. DNA is packed with information such that your entire physical body can be recreated from a single strand of your dna. You body is an extremely complex machine so the amount of information need to do that is insane. The problem is lots of things can adversely effect DNA, and then you have mistakes in the creation of the physical body. Thus autism and other issues are created.

I've always wished to have webbed toes. .. .fingers too, while we're at it. I could just FLY through my pool lengths -- get 'em done in a quarter of the time.. . ..

:rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#50756 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

:lol: :lol: Phorgot about this.. . .must remind The Ripper of this postulation of his. He's now 15 and may roll his eyes and fail to see the side-splitting humoUr in it......or not. I'll ask him for another "You must pick one of these" life situations.
What was the other choice, anyways? Canna recall -- We had to choose a life with two little feet dangling from our chins, or.. . ....what?. . ... :unsure: . ...

:rolleyes:

Was it a butt on your forehead?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#50757 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Yep, that would be an example, though i've nver heard of it except in animals.

#50758 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Totally caught me by surprise . . . really, really laughing out loud here!! :lol:

Yep, that was our other option . . . I believe it is the one I chose, since I wear bangs fringe.

I remember that pic . . . that was Arizona, right? Sorry to hear about Metta :(
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#50759 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image OMG....

Okay...Jack has another tough question for us all to debate.

Another choice to make:

You must choose either option, or you will be dead. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Would you rather have:

A small (but unproductive) butt on your forehead....

OR

Two little feet dangling from your chin?

Posted Image Posted Image

Here is the original

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#50760 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

Omgawd--yes! That was it! I was thinking "eye" but it was a butt. Don't recall what the consensus was as to which was preferable......good times! :lol:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: