#50836 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

ugh... i somehow picked up the stomach bug that was going around :wacko:

Then put it down! Or spray it and squash it just like the other bugs!

You still at school? CSU has the whole week off.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#50837 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, we don't start break till wednesday O.O. So two days of classes this next week.

I'm kinda hoping its just one of those 24 hour bugs.

#50838 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Great, will be off to class, spider senses on, check out teacher.
Cheers. I'm getting quite excited, not sure I can wait a year!
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#50839 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm feeling better :)

Yeah, despite my school being a part of the CU system, it has really weird holidays. We only get labor day, thanksgiving (wed-fri), the one holiday that i can't think of (21st of jan? around there) and spring break. They don't shut down the school unless its like -30 out and pipes are busting all over the place.

#50840 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Happy Birthday, Jess!!

Off swashbuckling wif the pirate?

Glad you're feeling better, Shadow.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#50841 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

:lol:

I ran out of black ink while trying to print a 30 page pdf file for an essay of mine. Of course it runs out three pages from the end. Oh well, i needed to go for a walk anyway, so i'll probably head to the library in the morning (at 6 cents a page no less).

Is it me or did the forum get jumbled up? Not sure if i like it.

#50842 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hi Shadow-

Have you tried draft quality on your printer? Shaking the black cartridge about than trying again or change the font color to dark blue can work too -- of course a walk to the library is a good choice for other reasons at least you only need three pages.

Scott jumbled the forums a bit to be listed in order of most frequently visited.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#50843 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Eh this printer is rather new and touchy about its ink. I fear if i take it out that it won't register. Thats fine, the walk will do me good :)

That makes sense. Still, i'm not used to it.

#50844 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Happy Birthday, Jess!!

Off swashbuckling wif the pirate?

Went to the movies yesterday with some friends, turned off the ringer on my phone, and completely forgot that I'd turned it off.

Picked up my phone this evening and saw that I'd missed 10 calls from him. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

He had forgotten that it was my birthday, so I listened to a progressively more worried series of messages... "...are you....ok?" "are...you mad at me...?" "what did I do?" "Is something wrong? Please call and tell me you're ok".. "IT"S YOUR BIRTHDAY! " Followed by the happy birthday song. I called and told him about turning off the ringer, and he fessed up about not realizing it was my birthday until he logged on to fb.

It was very funny, and sweet. :wub: :wub: :wub:
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#50845 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Wow, you are way cooler than I would be!! That's at least flowers, maybe jewelry in my book. Or a book of course.

Very sweet though :)

Hope you had a lovely birthday. Good film?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#50846 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

I told my wife on our first date that I would forget her birthday, and special dates all the time. Told her if that was going to be a problem we needed to end our dating relationship before we get started. :D We have been married fro 16 years now, so you can see how that went. :D

- Vincent -

#50847 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

I grew up desensitized to the whole "special dates" kind of thing. I was one of five kids and our birthdays are all during the summer. When Mom was filling out forms for school or the doctor or something, she always had to ask me when my birthday was. If you grow up with your Mom not knowing when your birthday was, you don't really expect anybody else to either.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#50848 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

She -ought- to have known. :) You'd think, but with five running around? eeek.

#50849 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'm also not a 'special events' person. I didn't realize it was my birthday until the day before. TG for facebook. :D
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#50850 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

http://dumbwaystodie.com/
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: