51026 replies to this topic

#50866 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

P - That makes 3 - you should be in for a better day tomorrow for the phlip :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#50867 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Update on the retainer: it has been cleaned as much as it can be. Even the dentist couldn't get it this clean O.O

On other bad related news. One of the moles on my back has decided to start an exploration. Right now its a oval shape multicolored monster about the width of a penny. The next time i can get to the doc isn't until later in december, so i'll ask her if i can just have it removed. I had one on my inner thigh (was born with it apperenlty) and it decided to get bigger. Long story short, had it removed, the doctor at the time took the stiches out too early, the site busted open in class (stupid hard desk), back to the E.R., also discovered during this time i had a problem with neosporan and bandaids, now have a nice large scar. Ugh. I also know the dangers of moles very well. Its in a spot where i'll have to be careful once i have stiches. And of course i can't badage it myself or take care of it.... grrrr...

on yet another note, my computers display keeps crashing. It was just in the shop in august-september for over a month for a motherboard replacement.

#50868 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Looks like I may be superbitch wife from hell on this one then :o

Been together 12 years so must be doing something right :)

I did work out early on that by 'give me some hints what you want' meant tell me exactly what you'd like, preferably in writing!

At Christmas we often get each other tickets, and then enjoy a concert or festival together the following summer. We don't really need more stuff...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#50869 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

On the upside, when the oven catches fire you can put it out by running the washing machine....

.... . But don't try to escape the phire in yer Toyota... . . . ... :unsure: . . ..
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#50870 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

PeeeeeeOttttttttteeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Yer 6000 has to be here! Maybe if yer among yer psills the phallout won't be as bad ;)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#50871 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

On the upside, when the oven catches fire you can put it out by running the washing machine....

<snacklesnort>

*tm-- Julie
Patti

#50872 WardGirl

WardGirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Mark the plumber is on his way to see about the sink.

Tony, our appliance guy, is on his way tomorrow to see if the 35 year old Harvest Gold Stove is salvageable. Yup that is correct Harvest Gold! ColoUr alone should tell you how old it is :lol:
Have been gluten free since April 2008. The only reason I did this was to make cooking at home easier since my husband has been a Celiac since 2000.

As to why I'm called Ward Girl only Nick and I know the reason :-)

#50873 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Mark the plumber is on his way to see about the sink.

Tony, our appliance guy, is on his way tomorrow to see if the 35 year old Harvest Gold Stove is salvageable. Yup that is correct Harvest Gold! ColoUr alone should tell you how old it is :lol:

Sounds good, hopefully the fixes will be simple and not too expensive:)

Don't forget the thumb reports ! :)
Patti

#50874 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Here it is! Post number 6,000 by yours truly. Scott is still at 5,997.

The plumber and his helper are here, trying to get to the root of the problem. Well, that is it, you see. The drain is partially obstructed by tree roots that the plumber's snake is having trouble getting through. This is a condo, so the part of the plumbing outside the walls is the responsibility of the corporation. Hmmm.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#50875 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

HAPPY 6,000, POETER!! :D

This is a condo, so the part of the plumbing outside the walls is the responsibility of the corporation. Hmmm.

That is GOOD news. . . ..... they'll be footing the $$$$.... :reliefphace:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#50876 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Frick... Playing catchup! Once the big c.com RE-DO, none of my work computers could handle any of it!!! They just upgraded everything and now I can log in!!!! Can't do it at home, too busy IM'ing bunny to get anything done :P

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#50877 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

The plumber and his helper are here, trying to get to the root of the problem. Well, that is it, you see. The drain is partially obstructed by tree roots that the plumber's snake is having trouble getting through. This is a condo, so the part of the plumbing outside the walls is the responsibility of the corporation. Hmmm.

Congrats on the big phlip!!! :)

I'm thinking that posting it here ( as if you woulda done it anywhere else <snort>) may have had sumphin to do wif the root situation reveal, ergo the condo mgmt.'s responsibility! :)
Patti

#50878 WardGirl

WardGirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Don't forget the thumb reports ! :)

I'm trying to refresh my memory on the Thumb Report and if I have my memory correct I'd say about a 2 and a half for both plumbers.

Congrats on the milestone old wise and wonderful Orcale :) <3
Have been gluten free since April 2008. The only reason I did this was to make cooking at home easier since my husband has been a Celiac since 2000.

As to why I'm called Ward Girl only Nick and I know the reason :-)

#50879 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Frick... Playing catchup! Once the big c.com RE-DO, none of my work computers could handle any of it!!! They just upgraded everything and now I can log in!!!! Can't do it at home, too busy IM'ing bunny to get anything done :P

You instant message Simon? Does he answer back, dear?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#50880 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hi Rach!!!!
Patti