Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6692 ~alex~

~alex~

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

Oh {{{hugs}}}} Sarah (Ouch on being sick out of your nose :o )

Yes, I'm sorry for your icky experience. :( Involvement of the nose in puking just adds insult to injury . . . and makes for some interesting Kleenex contents for the next couple of hours! :huh:

Has anyone ever had a Christmas tree that keeps falling over?!?! We got our tree a couple of weeks ago and it falls down almost everyday! Any suggestions? This is our first real tree and we don't seem to be very good at it. I think we may try tying it to the nearby railing to see if that helps. Nothings zaps the Christmas spirit like your tree lying on the ground and the water getting on all of the presents under there. <_<

#6693 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

Involvement of the nose in puking just adds insult to injury . . . and makes for some interesting Kleenex contents for the next couple of hours! :huh:

OMGawd--this is so true!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#6694 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:28 PM

Alex, :lol: :lol: :lol: I've never heard of that problem! I'm guessing your tree holder is too small for the tree.

We have a fake tree .... that means no messing with tree holders, no ticks in the tree, and no need to restring the lights every year .... for the smell, I have a candle. :)
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#6695 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

Emily - mygawd - what are you wearing to the party tonight..........

Gaaaaaahhh....not positive as yet. Likely black, as I feel rather PMS-ey and like a blimp...black always helps me along in that situation...

I miss my zombie man.

Y'know, I kinda miss him, too...that lean, eviscerated look... :o

RAINING HERE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :angry:

MORE SNOW HERE TODAY!!!!!!
:o :angry: Unbelievable...about another 5cm...
Uh...Global warming? Can you please rear your ugly head? Any time, now...

Question, does anyone know a good small dog breed that are good with kids?

Don't ever do small breeds myself, but bichon frises are very lovely little, non-shedding dogs...

And Nikki, I would LOVE to have met up with you...but we weren't in Kent (don't think), we stayed briefly in Westminister, and Cheriton-Nr-Aylesfod. Near you?
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#6696 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

Has anyone ever had a Christmas tree that keeps falling over?!?! We got our tree a couple of weeks ago and it falls down almost everyday! Any suggestions? This is our first real tree and we don't seem to be very good at it. I think we may try tying it to the nearby railing to see if that helps. Nothings zaps the Christmas spirit like your tree lying on the ground and the water getting on all of the presents under there. <_<

Quit giving it alcohol and let it sober up for Pete's sake!
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#6697 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:57 PM

My turn to stray from the Silly.

Got a Christmas Letter from SIL Pam yesterday. She was married to my older brother, Pat, who died somewhat suddenly in July '06.
One bit of news evoked a combination of sadness, pride, & maybe a dozen other emotions I can't think of names for right now. Overall more heartwarming than heartwrenching tho.

Pat was an Alaska State Parks Ranger and had been Chief Ranger at Hatcher Pass Rec. Area & Independence Mine State Park.

Quoting Pam - "Also in June, I met w/ Alaska State Parks who asked my permission to name the ridge above Independence Bowl 'Murphy Ridge'. This was such a perfect idea because it oversees the whole valley that was Pat's passion!. Ranger Dan and I also located a beautiful site for a bench that will be installed in Pat's honor next summer using proceeds from his memorial fund."

<sorry ladies, but she wrote "honor" not honoUr> :P :lol:

Oy - I got a little verklempt there after typing Murphy Ridge.

Ran into this interview from '05.
Great story towards the middle.
http://www.alaska4x4...php/t-7471.html

OK .. .. . .I'm done . . . ..just had to share this impactful news w/ my sillyfriends. :wub: :)

P.S. Extra FYI - Pat's obit etc
http://www.caringbri...visit/patmurphy
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#6698 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:57 PM

Question, does anyone know a good small dog breed that are good with kids?

DINGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

oops - you did say small.........

I missed an opportunity with Emily when she was visiting the in laws in Kent <_< ...anyone coming to London??? :lol: ....it's lonely being English....*sniff* ;)

You simply MUST fly over the pond and COME SEE US you silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first changed to that avatar, my first caption attempt was "No Panties Required", but I chickened out . . . thought I might get detention from Scott.

:lol: hoglet knickers......it just cracks me up......

Tell me about this avatar .....

Tom - let Tom do it - he always does the searches - - TOM - - go back and find the zombie man accounts for Carla!!!!!!!! I do not have time. The man was roaming around my 'hood for a couple of days.........eviscerated? we're not sure.......... :huh:

and speaking of vomit...... (were we?)
Ummmmmmmm.....all of you seem quite familiar with the through-the-nose vomiting. :o In all my life, I must say, this has NEVER happened. :huh:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#6699 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Nothings zaps the Christmas spirit like your tree lying on the ground and the water getting on all of the presents under there. <_<

Whoa that TOtally reminds me of my fictitious Uncle we'd wake to find lying next to the tree among urine-soaked presents!!!! :ph34r: <ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!>
:lol:
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#6700 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:10 PM

Well, for the gift basket, she was probably thinking you could get any one drink you wanted for $5 ... so that makes sense.

However, I would tell her you are not working for lower wages. It's not a gift ... she's hiring you to take care of her dog ... this is what it costs, period.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#6701 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

My turn to stray from the Silly.

Got a Christmas Letter from SIL Pam yesterday. She was married to my older brother, Pat, who died somewhat suddenly in July '06.
One bit of news evoked a combination of sadness, pride, & maybe a dozen other emotions I can't think of names for right now. Overall more heartwarming than heartwrenching tho.

Pat was an Alaska State Parks Ranger and had been Chief Ranger at Hatcher Pass Rec. Area & Independence Mine State Park.

Quoting Pam - "Also in June, I met w/ Alaska State Parks who asked my permission to name the ridge above Independence Bowl 'Murphy Ridge'. This was such a perfect idea because it oversees the whole valley that was Pat's passion!. Ranger Dan and I also located a beautiful site for a bench that will be installed in Pat's honor next summer using proceeds from his memorial fund."

<sorry ladies, but she wrote "honor" not honoUr> :P :lol:

Oy - I got a little verklempt there after typing Murphy Ridge.

Ran into this interview from '05.
Great story towards the middle.
http://www.alaska4x4...php/t-7471.html

OK .. .. . .I'm done . . . ..just had to share this impactful news w/ my sillyfriends. :wub: :)

P.S. Extra FYI - Pat's obit etc
http://www.caringbri...visit/patmurphy

Just pooped in to say hello!

Tom, that is a huge honoUr! How proud you, Pam and your family must be. Totally COOL!

Carry on.......
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#6702 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

:lol: hoglet knickers......it just cracks me up......

Seems I can't let these pass w/out an LOL augmentation :lol:

Tom - let Tom do it - he always does the searches - - TOM - - go back and find the zombie man accounts for Carla!!!!!!!!

Hmmm almost dejŠ vu for me.
I've been through this before.
I'm surfing on a FLIPPIN' PHONE!!!!!!

(Perhaps I'm being confused w/ Richard? <sure we can both write in the snow, but there isn't that much similarity is there?> HE'S your designated search-backer!)

- and NOW I get only $10 a day. WTH?

WTH inDEED!! :angry:
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#6703 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:23 PM

WTH inDEED!! :angry:

she is a bit of a....... <_<

OMG I can't insult someone here!!!!!!! this is a PUBLIC forum, must constantly remind self!!!!!!!!!!!!

in fact am going to erase entire previous post about the android.

:ph34r:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#6704 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

phew......erased!

now the only problem will be if Zombie man finds out he has celiac (after removing his own small intestine) and then searches the forum.

:o
:lol:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#6705 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Half-nekkid man alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm minding my own business, taking out the trash cans. Down the street, at the very end, is a distinctly slow-ambling male, clad only in thin pajama bottoms. No shirt. Or, I think to myself - - is it a flesh-coloUred shirt? I stare and stare. He's less than 1/4 mile away.

Well, I simply can't take it - I've discerned he's got no shirt on (not normal folks, even when it's 110 in summer). I jump in the car, and take a spin around the block.

Yup, he's got no shirt on, a shaved head, a ghostly palloUr, and is clutching his abdomen. His eyes meet mine, they are steely gray, adn DON"T WORRY EVERYBODY, I can do a police sketch if necessary. ;)

So.....I see that there is nothign further I can do....and go back home.

Soon, he is walkign AGAIN around the block.....shufflign very slowly - and is in front of my house. I whip out my camera, but alas, to take his photo, would have had to move the blinds and he would have heard me as window is open.

But - I was able to discern that he has a large bandage on his abdomen, indicating recent surgery - OR A STAB WOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o or maybe a GUNSHOT!!!!!!!!! (alas, no bandage or scar in rear, indicating bullet egress - - but then again, perhpas it is lodged in his SPLEEN or something, and hence the ashy paloUr) :huh:

but tell me this - what man in his fifties walks around, half-clad in cooler weather, who's just had surgery, in THIS gated, stepford, Aryan community? Has he LOST his MIND???

stay tuned.

I am out of my MIND for things like this. :lol:

Lord help me, I have no life . . . here is Susie's first post on the Zombie man.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: