This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

nikki-uk Enthusiast
. . . :panicfacewhatcanyourhypnotherapistdoformetom?:

Congrats Janet!!! ..errr I think :blink:

Dear GOD...public speaking ...<shudder>

I still haven't recovered from being made to take the part of the angel Gabriel in the xmas play at secondary school

Your mayor wears a red cape and a lace collar :blink:

Only on a Friday when there's an 'R' in the month ;)

What does your mayor wear???.....shall we compare??

Nikki --- very neat article about your son's big trip. Has he hit Magic Kingdom yet? I bet you can't wait to hear all about it right from him when he gets back!

:D Thanks Alex....Magic Kingdom tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

P*fart*aughhmn & Sarah.....still rooting for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe Sarah should try hypno if finding it too hellascious)

Hard to stay focused..BUT you can do it !!!!!!!!!!

Yep, the 'habit' part I found was the hardest to break rather than the cravings

Everytime the 'it's time for a cig' alarm went off I did crosswords!!! (my saviour)....ended up going round all the shops to find NEW ones I hadn't done as I'd done SO many :lol:

You know - without even realising it I was also eating more - boiled sweets and the like.

Update on Son of Silly

'Alan is fine - it takes ALOT of food to fill him up :lol: (that's ma boy) - has a penchant for steak - has been dancing to Beatles music :huh: '

Today the local police took them out on their motorbikes (eek!)

Tomorrow Disney!!

Carry on sillies!!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ridgewalker Contributor
OMG - - I am quite sure that THIS is why God has not allowed me to marry and have kids, cause if I marry now, it'll be too late. mygawd.........even when I took Annie for her teeth cleaning I was a TOTAL mess. And after they've had surgery, with a deep, stitched gash or something - tumoUr removal, whatever - I practically need to be sedated. :huh: I don't know how parents can be parents and just function in the world.....send the kids off to school and stuff like that.........you jsut have to have massive trust and let it all go.

After I took Lucas into his first day of preschool, I went out to the car a sobbed like crazy. Then I sat in the parking lot for an hour before I could make myself leave. It was only slightly less hideous when it came to Ezra's first day.

BTW Susie, my maternal grandmother was just about your age, maybe a year older, when she had her last child. :DB)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
After I took Lucas into his first day of preschool, I went out to the car a sobbed like crazy. Then I sat in the parking lot for an hour before I could make myself leave. It was only slightly less hideous when it came to Ezra's first day.

:rolleyes: got that t- shirt

You have to close your mind to it ..else you go wackl :wacko: ..or worse!! :(

Jestgar Rising Star
Only on a Friday when there's an 'R' in the month ;)

Open Original Shared Link

He's the guy with the big tummy (in a city that's considered pretty high up in the healthy living department)

I'm sure somewhere there's a photo of him wearing Birkenstocks and chowing down on salmon, but I haven't found it.

tom Contributor

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wth was I gonna say?

It's getting harder to not think about wanting to smoke.

Howzabout I just quit NEXT month?

No no NO dammit it's now!

Is this insanely stiff neck last night & now related to not smoking?

I should have something to do. Over the last weeks, I was realizing that I'd come to consider 'having a smoke' as 'doing something'.

Usually smilin' face = good brain day. Feeling slow-brained all day & now the smiley's gone too.

Got quotes to reply to, but gonna wait until it'll seem fun.

:squintyface: (is there a squintyface?) what was I saying? Sleep would be good

Darn210 Enthusiast

Hmmmm . . . not sure that I should admit this :ph34r: . . . but I'm the one that cried on the last day of preschool instead of the first . . . :o:P:lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Just pooping in....

Nikki what a great article about your son't trip. That's so great they were able to make that happen for him and all of those other kids. Hope he is having a fabulous time!

Wanted to weigh in on the smoking, or the quitting of the smoking.

From what I hear Tom you have to keep your hands busy, but also your mouth, trading off the cigarette that always was there with something else.

Sucking on candy, chewing gum, licorice vines seem to be the usual items, but I know those won't work for you because of the gluten and the sugar....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ridgewalker Contributor
Hmmmm . . . not sure that I should admit this :ph34r: . . . but I'm the one that cried on the last day of preschool instead of the first . . . :o:P:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

elye Community Regular
ohhhhhhhhhhhh I miss my beautiful girl.........her quizzical smile, head tilt, bright, inordinately intelligent eyes and anticipatory, gentle (or spiral/helicopter) tail wag for just about anything......even in her most weakened state. *sniff* What a girl she was.

I miss you talking about her, Susie. I know she was such a beautiful girl.

mygawd, stomach is quite upset today and there's really stinky suspicious poop.

O-Kayyyyyyy...and me about to eat supper.....

:o:lol:

Dear GOD...public speaking ...<shudder>

I still haven't recovered from being made to take the part of the angel Gabriel in the xmas play at secondary school

Nikki!! YOU got to be Gabriel? I was always the pathetic kid who was the sheep...year after year.... <_<:rolleyes:

Straight-back-and-sides, or what?

From what I hear Tom you have to keep your hands busy, but also your mouth, trading off the cigarette that always was there with something else.

Ptaougmn!! Git yer SAX out!!

Hi, Julie!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

a poop-in from Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!! hi-ddeeeeeee-ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Oh you moms and sending the kids off to school. I can't imagine. I was crying when I left Annie at my mom's for two nights, and called her 10 minutes after I drove off - - "what's she doing?" I asked.......my mom just groaned...

These mayors. My gawd. So......regal looking. I wanted to show you Fresno's own Major Bubba......can't find a photo. but he sure don't look regal. :huh:

Stomach..............oh dear. I am jackknifed in pain. :( Had to come home from errands. It's the chili, so there goes that. was it the canned white beans? the ortega chilis? what in hell? the chicken broth had no MSG.....

flummoxed.

:huh:

elye Community Regular
These mayors. My gawd. So......regal looking. I wanted to show you Fresno's own Major Bubba......can't find a photo. but he sure don't look regal. :huh:

Hey!! Here's Bubba! ..Not very regal-looking, but somehow more...approachable? Relaxed?

http://www.christerrence.com/images/aa1.webp

Sorry you're jack-knifed, Susie....... :(

Green12 Enthusiast
Hi, Julie!

Ptaougmn!! Git yer SAX out!!

Hi Emily :)

Wow, your mayor is rather impressive looking :blink:

YES Tom, git yer sax out, your tuba, your clarinet...whatever instrument you have, drag them all out :lol: put your drum sticks in your mouth!!!

Keeping your hands and mouth busy will be your full time job :lol::lol:

a poop-in from Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!! hi-ddeeeeeee-ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Stomach..............oh dear. I am jackknifed in pain. :( Had to come home from errands. It's the chili, so there goes that. was it the canned white beans? the ortega chilis? what in hell? the chicken broth had no MSG.....

Hi Susie :lol:

I know, these mayors are quite royal looking. Mine started out with a bow tie obsession, now he wears Armani and made the nations top best dressed mayors list :huh: .......what a little Armani can do for your life :lol:

So sorry about the stomach pain :( , is this gas bomb bloat pain or something different? I was going to say maybe it isn't gluten related but possibly the beans in combo with the other things? I don't know why though if you are able to tolerate these things in general it would be any different this time. Hope it goes away soon.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hey!! Here's Bubba! ..Not very regal-looking, but somehow more...approachable? Relaxed?

:lol: :lol: :lol: yup, there he is.............guess I didn't look very hard for that photo - - or - - actually - - do you just have a signed copy of Bubba's likeness up there, Em? Is he just huge in Canada? :lol:

So sorry about the stomach pain :( , is this gas bomb bloat pain or something different? I was going to say maybe it isn't gluten related but possibly the beans in combo with the other things? I don't know why though if you are able to tolerate these things in general it would be any different this time. Hope it goes away soon.

Gas bomb bloat. Yes, 'tis that. but, some gluten-y poop today. :ph34r: I suspect the beans, and this is so sad. Can't we eat beans? what in hell? they were canned...............no soaking......so that means no more white chicken chili. It was soooo yummy. :angry:

Where's Patti today? or am I delirious? has she been here?

Yay, Alan's having fun and eating steaks in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think steaks are not big in England, as I recall...........but OMG they're huge here, literally. Dietary guidelines say to eat a piece of meat no bigger than yer palm.......um, most pigs people ignore that rule here..... :blink:

back to fetal position. Need a massive egress of gas. poor Kissey. I see a dutch oven in his future. :lol: :lol: (not really - we do let out huge burps in front of each other and crack up - - but we don't just phart phreely, let you are all askeert)

elye Community Regular
yup, there he is.............guess I didn't look very hard for that photo - - or - - actually - - do you just have a signed copy of Bubba's likeness up there, Em? Is he just huge in Canada? :lol:

No! I found it in a frame at Walmart!

elye Community Regular

OOPS! DOUBLE.......

Mtndog Collaborator

Hallo Sillies!!!!!!!!! Pooping in to say hello!

Or you'll become like those parents of small children.

I hear: Ah cabba booshat. AT!!

parent's response: you want your blue shirt off? You're hot?

I hear: Ga Ga GA!

Parent's response:Ok. We'll take your blue shirt off.

ummm, yeah :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: Or you have a REALLY articulate two year old (my niece) who gets mad when she realizes you and her mom snuck off shopping while she was forced to take a nap. She says, "You NO leave the driveway in THIS car WITHOUT ME!!!!!" I thought I was gonna die!

:lol: I caved. I don't really have a ......page though. Suppose I should actually do something about that.

I just caved to MySpace too...I had NO idea the world was on there!!!

I've always heard 3 for the physical addiction to subside.

Tom- drink tons of OJ...it flushes the nicotine out faster!

Update on Son of Silly

'Alan is fine - it takes ALOT of food to fill him up :lol: (that's ma boy) - has a penchant for steak - has been dancing to Beatles music :huh: '

Today the local police took them out on their motorbikes (eek!)

Tomorrow Disney!!

OMG- he must be in Heaven! So excited for him!!!!

Hmmmm . . . not sure that I should admit this :ph34r: . . . but I'm the one that cried on the last day of preschool instead of the first . . .

Shocker :lol: :lol: :lol:

can't imagine how he'll do that :P:ph34r:

back to fetal position. Need a massive egress of gas. poor Kissey. I see a dutch oven in his future. :lol: :lol: (not really - we do let out huge burps in front of each other and crack up - - but we don't just phart phreely, let you are all askeert)

Oh Siouxie...hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom Contributor

<grooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan>

OhhhhhhmyyyyyyyyyyGYAAAAAA .. . WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!!!!!!

I wanna just sleep until day4 .. . .

Wanted to weigh in on the smoking, or the quitting of the smoking.

Sucking on candy, chewing gum, licorice vines seem to be the usual items, but I know those won't work for you because of the gluten and the sugar....

This did remind me to bake some almonds. Wish I could get more salt to stick to 'em, enhancing their suckability. :o

Hehe dutch oven :ph34r: (susie, keep the recipe, try diff brand/type beans)

& :lol: more Em Walmart photos

Bev - probably no OJ for me. None since ~may '05.

Nikki? "boiled sweets"? Is it possible this means "hard candy" to me?

Either way, I don't like the sound of that.

I know sax playing SOUNDS like a good idea & I appreciate the intent - but not w/ my neck and head like this. Noooooo

The whole head vibrates w/ the reed.

It's only Wednesday huh .. . .it'll all be MUCH better by Fri or Sat.

And then better for .. . .ever?

<but oh how I'll miss a good cig>

I've imagined too many times this afternoon, that 1st wonderful puff . .. ..

Green12 Enthusiast
:lol: :lol: Or you have a REALLY articulate two year old (my niece) who gets mad when she realizes you and her mom snuck off shopping while she was forced to take a nap. She says, "You NO leave the driveway in THIS car WITHOUT ME!!!!!" I thought I was gonna die!

Bev, this is too sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Two year olds DO rule the world ;)

Mine says, "You DON'T play with my trains when I not here!!!!!!" Geesh, it has been so hard staying away from those trains I tell you, I am just itching to get them all out and play away :lol:

can't imagine how he'll do that :P:ph34r:

Hmmm, how to keep hands and mouth busy at all times??? Am sure sillie's minds are wandering to some eyebrow raising ideas :lol::o:ph34r:

Oh Siouxie...hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Siouxie do you have any Banshees by chance??

This did remind me to bake some almonds. Wish I could get more salt to stick to 'em, enhancing their suckability. :o

Oven roasted almonds, good idea. Can you tolerate oils? If you toss them in a little oil before you bake the salt should stick, and it will give them a nice roasted flavor.

Nikki, must define boiled sweets :lol:

tom Contributor
Hmmm, how to keep hands and mouth busy at all times??? Am sure sillie's minds are wandering to some eyebrow raising ideas :lol::o:ph34r:

eyebrow huh .. ..

Oven roasted almonds, good idea. Can you tolerate oils? If you toss them in a little oil before you bake the salt should stick, and it will give them a nice roasted flavor.

I've been letting them cool some before using evoo, since it used to make me dizzy when heated too much, but maybe I should try pre-bake tossing w/ safflower, which has always been fine for me when heated. Hmmm .. ..will this make more salt stick?

We'll see. :)

WTH .. I did NOT expect such a persistent haha-you-cant-ignore-me type of headache .. . .maybe it's not lack of nicotine? Humaworm day16 symptom?

Eh .. .more likely the 30+ cigs I've skipped in the last 29hrs.

Soooooooo far under my R.D.A. of tar.

Yes .. .I'm tar-deprived!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Afternoon sillies!!!!

Jess's mayor - smart ......shirt and tie ...he looks ok

Emily's mayor - <nodding head,stroking chin>

Yes, some bling, a tad more formal ....good

AND Susie's mayor

:o

Very informal....also he seems to be a cowboy??? :lol::lol:

Do we have ANYMORE silly Mayors???......last call for the silly Mayors :D

:lol::lol:

Yep, by the third child I was throwing a party & the school had to ring me at 3.00pm to ask if I was going to pick 'em up ;)

I see a dutch oven in his future. :lol: :lol: (not really - we do let out huge burps in front of each other and crack up - - but we don't just phart phreely, let you are all askeert)

But you will....trust me ;):lol:

Hope the gas/bomb/bean/bloat has dissipated, been reabsorbed?? :blink:

It does sound quite disgusting doesn't it?

Nikki, must define boiled sweets :lol:

Yes, I must...

A boiled sweet is hard, crunchy (but should be sucked) e.g 'cough candy' or 'pear drop' or 'aniseed twist' or 'rhubarb & custard'......yum, yum, yum

My dentist loves me eating these ...<cha-ching!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies!

Well my man didn't win...I think someone rigged it. Yesterday when we all voted in my office he was locked with his match-up at 50% each. I went to the bathroom, came back 5 minutes later and he had tumbled down to 28% in that short time. So I think something fishy went on there. He deserved to win but look how far he had gotten, they started with 32 teams and he made it all the way to the Final 4!!!!

I have now gone 3 nights with out sleeping pills!!!! You have no idea how exciting this is for me. I am so overjoyed...I thought I would be stuck for life. If I can make it several weeks I am going to post about my success....although I am not sure what is the reason for the sudden improvement but I am not complaining!!!!! :):)

Well I am back in my sandals and summer clothes today :):) It might be a chilly morning since it was 40 when we left for work but it is going to be 75 later.

Take care Sillies!

elye Community Regular

Ohayo Gozaimasu, Sillies! (Japan....)

Well.....I'll be having to change my av right quick......The end of my season..... :(

Okay! Now, I can get on with my life.

Go, Habs, GO!

Yes, Ptaumn, add some oil (of any kind) to the nuts before you salt and roast 'em--they'll be chewier and the salt will stick much better, for certain. Best of all for adding chewiness and adhesion of salt is honey, if you can tolerate it.

I know sax playing SOUNDS like a good idea & I appreciate the intent - but not w/ my neck and head like this. Noooooo

I figured that this may be too obvious and easy an answer....

Hmmmmmm....

Do you knit? <_<:rolleyes::)

It's only Wednesday huh .. . .it'll all be MUCH better by Fri or Sat.

And then better for .. . .ever?

Yes, better forever!

Actually, Nikki's the one whom you should be pounding with questions like these, as she's most recently kicked it successfully.

Ah! She's on and suggested nicotene gum. This sounds like a sensible idea.

Gad, I remember how tough it was for me to get off my addictive splurging on peanut butter...imagining the taste of it throughout the day, stopping myself from heading to the fridge for a spoonful...but I know I was not physically dependent on any drug that is present in the source, as smokers are. And....I'll need to grab my breakfst before I leave. Will....not....dive into.....PB jar..........

Mine says, "You DON'T play with my trains when I not here!!!!!!" Geesh, it has been so hard staying away from those trains I tell you, I am just itching to get them all out and play away

:lol::lol:

Yes....It's Lego with me.....

Darn210 Enthusiast

OK . . . I don't want to replace one bad habit with another . . . but have you thought about sucking your thumb? It will keep your hands busy and give you something to suck on that is gluten/caisen/yeast/sugar/yeti/perfume-free . . . as long as you wash your hands first.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Or you have a REALLY articulate two year old (my niece) who gets mad when she realizes you and her mom snuck off shopping while she was forced to take a nap. She says, "You NO leave the driveway in THIS car WITHOUT ME!!!!!" I thought I was gonna die!

:lol: that is SO cute!

<grooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan>

OhhhhhhmyyyyyyyyyyGYAAAAAA .. . WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!!!!!!

I wanna just sleep until day4 .. . .

What you were THINKING was how much BETTER you'll feel!!!!!!!!! Wow, is this the longest you've gone without a cig in so many years????????????? Keep going.......YOU CAN DO IT Ptaughom!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, as Janet suggested - *snort* - suck yer thumb. :lol:

Mine says, "You DON'T play with my trains when I not here!!!!!!" Geesh, it has been so hard staying away from those trains I tell you, I am just itching to get them all out and play away :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yes, must have been hard for you to stay away.......

and no, I don't have any banshees........must get some! :P

A boiled sweet is hard, crunchy (but should be sucked) e.g 'cough candy' or 'pear drop' or 'aniseed twist' or 'rhubarb & custard'......yum, yum, yum

:blink:

Okay......I understand the hard candy concept - obviously we have tons of those......but........rhubarb and custard boiled sweets hard candy? um......what in hell? is that a.......flavoUr, or another name for boiled sweets? and........aniseed twist? :blink: Ours are just normal flavoUrs, like cherry/lemon/lime/orange/etc. or peppermint......but I suppose you call those peppermints.......

:lol:

I have now gone 3 nights with out sleeping pills!!!! You have no idea how exciting this is for me. I am so overjoyed...I thought I would be stuck for life. If I can make it several weeks I am going to post about my success....although I am not sure what is the reason for the sudden improvement but I am not complaining!!!!!

this is great news! Um - just to clarify - what type of sleeping pill were you using?

Where is Patti? :unsure:

Sillies........an important question and I may have to query the entire forum (leave Sillyville? *gasp* )

Can you all eat beans safely? Becasue......since going gluten-free, I really can't tolerate them well. :( I mean.....I"ve made them many times - it has been probably almost a year, since the last time, though........and I just have the MOST intense pain. I think I've only used canned.......maybe I need to use dry beans and soak the heck out of them? I dunno........I can't afford meats/chicken/fish all the time and want to use beans....but yesterday, after those cannelini, was the most intense and longest-lasting pain I've had in my tummy in my entire gluten-free life. :huh:

elye Community Regular

Ptaoughmn!

One of the dips (diplomats) quit smoking successfully some time ago, and used this free on-line "course"....

I guess there's nothing to lose in trying....you may be opening up your system to spam, etc., but this guy raved about it..... :)

You could also study American Sign Language online. That would take care of your hands. Your mouth....well, almonds are great.

Ya need someone around to be kissing all the time! Where's Doreen? <_<:rolleyes::D

Archived