#9391 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

Oh gawwwwwwwd the lunacy . ...
After days of lonely laments - lonely Lentan laments even - including earlier today if I'm not mistaken?? :wacko:

Lonely Lenten Laments!!!!!!!!!!! another song by.....I forgot which of our bands....... Phecal Phats?

It IS always possible to get dates. Whether they're good, worthy, interesting - that is another story, as we all know. ;)

Date must know these words - a bit of a test, from now on:

Lascivious
Squalid
Erudite
denoument
sycophantic
Phecal Phat
....and many more. :lol:

Jesus really said that? Whoa...I thought a cubit was a metric area measurement or something. Did Jesus use the metric system? He was a carpenter, true, so he would be measuring widths and angles....in centimetres? <_< :rolleyes:
Morning, Sillies!!

:lol: you silly. 'Tis now translated to say cubit, don't know what the original measurement was........but he really did say it - and I remember the first time reading it, in high school or college - it quite struck me - how worry doesn't change the outcome of anything.......

I'm not much of a worrier. Just worry that I"ll be old, impecunious, and alone. :lol:

OMG - Emily your dad had a massive heart attack? I am SO glad he's okay and you've had more years of silliness with him. :)

psssst! Richard is on the board........

<_< soooooooo fleeting.......here and then.....gone....just like that. BAH!

MORNING SILLIES!!!!!!! Amanda - don't work too hard.....and poor John, sick again. :(

You know - I bet our Nicola has found herself in a forumless abyss again........horrors!
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#9392 dlp252

dlp252

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:23 AM

I see Richard again...okay cultesses...who let Richard escape?!

#9393 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:31 AM

Jesus really said that? Whoa...I thought a cubit was a metric area measurement or something.

No. A cubit is what you get put into when you work at a cheap office. So actually, you don't want cubits added to your life and since worrying won't add them, I guess that means worrying is a good thing.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#9394 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:32 AM

and is he going to show us his new amy winehouseesque avatar?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#9395 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:39 AM

omg. i see him too :o
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#9396 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

Lascivious
Squalid
Erudite
denoument
sycophantic
Phecal Phat
....and many more. :lol:

Also Trifecta, Sisyphean and Menses :lol:

<_< soooooooo fleeting.......here and then.....gone....just like that. BAH!

SILLIES!!!!!!!!!I see him too!!!!!!!!
I suspect the beehive takes up alot of his time

You know - I bet our Nicola has found herself in a forumless abyss again........horrors!

<shudder>....no, but I did have trouble with c.com taking FOREVER to upload this morning - gave up in the end but it seems ok now
Got nothing...am acursed with the dreaded PMS.......I have lost my funny :(
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#9397 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:00 AM

I see Richard too!!!!

RICHARD WE MISSED YOU!!!!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#9398 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

<shudder>....no, but I did have trouble with c.com taking FOREVER to upload this morning - gave up in the end but it seems ok now

no, no, even menses could NOT ruin your silly!!!!!!!!!!! Just a temporary wave of crankiness. More chocolate is necessary to fix this.

OMG - I am goign to start doing my eye shadow just like Amy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, THAT is the answer my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will change everything. :D So sub-til.

Richard - OMG - he must have - 200 pages to read? :huh: Sisyphean, to be sure!
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#9399 TriticusToxicum

TriticusToxicum

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:21 AM

I've missed you all as well. My how time flies...I can't begin to catch up on the silli-bidness that I've missed, but I'm glad to see you've kept the lights on.

I actually logged on today for "official business" :o

To make a long story short, the last two minths (and counting) have been an absolute roller coaster for me and my family...My younger sister has slipped into a deep depression and we are all very worried for her. She finally agreed to go see a Dr. and he promptly put her on anti-depressants. Hopefully this will help. I had an epiphany last night, which leads me to my "official business" here today... I was laying in bed think about the situation and the light bulb went on that perhaps she is suffering from Celiac's...My older sister was Dx'd before I was, my mom is asymptomatic but carries the gene (not THE "Gene" Bev) :P ...so it kind of makes sense that she may suffer as well... I'm not off base here, right?I was trying to see if there is research that showed celiac disease manifesting with depression as a symptom. She has none of the GI symptoms...

I just want to help her get better...it's frightening -the change in her demeanor and her withdrawl from the world at large.

Sorry to cast a cloud over the siliness. Off to take care of business.
Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05
Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

#9400 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

Ugh--I remember that well :( Tis truly heinous. Maybe a wee bit of chocolate?

I've missed you all as well. My how time flies...I can't begin to catch up on the silli-bidness that I've missed, but I'm glad to see you've kept the lights on.

I actually logged on today for "official business" :o

To make a long story short, the last two minths (and counting) have been an absolute roller coaster for me and my family...My younger sister has slipped into a deep depression and we are all very worried for her. She finally agreed to go see a Dr. and he promptly put her on anti-depressants. Hopefully this will help. I had an epiphany last night, which leads me to my "official business" here today... I was laying in bed think about the situation and the light bulb went on that perhaps she is suffering from Celiac's...My older sister was Dx'd before I was, my mom is asymptomatic but carries the gene (not THE "Gene" Bev) :P ...so it kind of makes sense that she may suffer as well... I'm not off base here, right?I was trying to see if there is research that showed celiac disease manifesting with depression as a symptom. She has none of the GI symptoms...

I just want to help her get better...it's frightening -the change in her demeanor and her withdrawl from the world at large.

Sorry to cast a cloud over the siliness. Off to take care of business.

Richard!

Great to see you! :) I'm so sorry about your sister--I have a very similar thing going on in my family. I wrote about it here a while ago (so hard to go back and find anything in this thread), but the gist of it is that my sister has been in and out of the hospital for depression 3 times this past year. It seemed to become debilitating (she lost weight, stopped eating, and was found to be anemic) as she had to deal with her husband being diagnosed with a serious illness.

I have gotten nowhere in trying to have her get tested for Celiac--even though I carry the DQ2 gene and since I'm diagnosed, she has a much higher chance of having it.

I did some research into the links between Celiac and depression and found that there most certainly is a connection. I think it's definately worth a try for your sister--I know Susie will have a lot to weigh in on with this subject. Please, urge her to get tested.

An aside--my sister was put on antidepressants as well, but they don't seem to be helping as much as expected. (She also sees a therapist). My take on it is that she may not be absorbing the meds, and that's why she hasn't seen much improvement in over a year.

Anyway, I send good thoughts your way--when you get a chance, keep us posted and if you want any of the articles I found, let me know. :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#9401 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

Richard, so good to see you! It's not been the same without you :lol:

So sorry to hear about your sister. My heart goes out to you, your sister, and all in your family.

I don't think you are off base at all suspecting a celiac connection, gluten wreaks havoc on the neurological system. And given it's in your family, and your mom has the gene, it is very likely that clearing gluten out of her diet will be very helpful.

Here is a link discussing this very thing:

Gluten Free Diet Should Be Considered For Everyone With Neurological And Psychiatric Symptoms

#9402 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:55 AM

Richard-sorry to hear about your sister. I am keeping your family in my thoughts. Hope she gets the help she needs.

Everyone is right, things have not been the same without you :)
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#9403 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

A little silly--

Two men are out ice fishing at their favorite spot sitting quietly and drinking beer.

Almost silently, so as not to scare the fish, one guy says, "I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she hasn't spoken to me in over two months."

After slowly sipping his beer, the other guy thoughtfully replies, "You might reconsider... women like that are really hard to find!"
Patti

#9404 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:03 AM

:lol: Patti

#9405 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:03 AM

Tom!!!!!

Is it your birthday, or anniversary of joining?

Whichever it is--congrats, best wishes and have a happy, happy day!!!! :D
Patti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: