This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor

Nikerler's brit vernacular *does* make everything more humoUrous! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient

Passing by quickly. I am up to date on reading, but really have nothing of interest to post.

I see you there, Susie. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Sillies, I am so mad at meself--how could I have been so dumb???? I've been at this for 3 freaking years!!!!!! Honest to God--I feel so idiotic. Here I'm forever telling newbies to always read the labels and warn of changing formulas, blah, blah, blah.....Gawd

Pate (where is my accent egu when I need it? it would be over the E, and pronounced, pah-tay, like the liver stuff )

mygawd, woman, any of us could have done that! Remember, I did it w/ the evil barbecue chips? yup. and poor Tel! Indeed, if we wanted to gluten ourselves, we'd EAT that darned JELLY DOUGHNUT!!!!!!!! :angry: (or pizza, fried chicken, scads of things.............)

I have Weezee, your little garden sprite in my thoughts. Hope all goes well at the vet. :wub:

Thanks, Jooleigh. :) My Weezee's blood work was quite decent! She has low T4, and so, just like Tika, may be on medication soon.........and - slightly lowered hematocrit.... stool sample is normal........so......I"m confounded. Can't figure out WHY she is SCOOTING on carpet when ANAL GLANDS (I said it) were quite recently emptied, adn why she eats grass EVERY SECOND of her life.......... :blink:

P'raps I'll post a query and hopefully SANDY will see it!

Nicola! Souzzle has put out yer name with the stress on the first syllable. Could it be in the unusual, fetching positon of second syllable? Ni-CO-la.....

Or p'raps you were catching the long vowel sound on the first syllable, when it should be short.....Ni-cola, not Nee-cola.

Mygawd.....how boring. Please ignore the last ramble. Me and my schwa, diphthong, cadence obsession.....

:lol: :lol: listen, soul sistah, I'm right there w/ you on the shwa's and diphthongs, etc. I quite ponder exact same things often.

See, I actually RECEIVED a call from Ni-co-la a few days ago, to my heart's delight. :wub: So, all along, I have been thinking her name is pronounced ni-COE-luh. [Emily - in all correctness a SCHWA would be used on first syllable] Accent on middle syllable. You see, I don't think anyone in the entire US has that name. Have never heard it spoken aloud. But she said it was pronounced NEE-coe-la. Well then, why in hell is she saying it's ........what was it? Nick-er-ler? (not to be confuzzled w/ George W. Bush's NUKE-yoo-ler :lol: )

Wouldn't you rather have your problems attributable to a momentary lapse in diligence, rather than some body part staging a rebellion?

:lol: :lol: :lol: excellent Jess

Hee hee--I'm back after me tirade!

I just told Mark on the phone--he was really nice and just said that it's better I found out late than never. :)

that Mark, he's a keeper......

Emily has her house back!!!

:lol: :lol: mygawd, I didn't even know MIL was still there...............

grrrrr beginning to think we should create an EdnaZone and ban sickchick and rissa. Just who do they think they are? Posting all those fab sounding recipes and all???

:o WHAT? I haven't really been anywhere else on the phorum lately and.........fo' shizzle am staying away now.......... :angry:

I know.... <_< I can practically smell the fresh-baked waffle cones.

EVIL!!!!!!!!

part deux coming up (remember, I HAVE NO LIFE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :(

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OMG.....We should do this. We should start a thread and call it just that: Ednazone - - for those who need help with Edna. Can you picture the expressions on all the non-Sillies' faces?

Who is Edna?? Is she a new, troublesome forum member? Have I read her posts? Is she inappropriate or profane??

Then they would pause for only a moment, and slowly shake their heads...."Ah......but of course. It's those individuals on THAT thread".............

:lol: :lol: This is simply marvelous. I say we do it. Start a seemingly COMPLETELY serious thread, and start adding replies, saying, oh yes, I"m on this Edna, and it's heinous or........well which Edna are you using? so on and so on.............really scaring and confuzing everyone. :lol:<amazingly, somehow, we are left alone over here but.......I do think that one could get us in some trouble, with poor, long-suffering Pskaught rolling his eyes again........... :lol: >

And - Em - I do like how you used such a polite fraze - - "those individuals" :lol: I can think of other words

Sarah- (((((((((((Hugs))))))))). I think you sound a lot like my mom -she would have sat up with me ALL night if I needed her.And the withdrawal you are going through sounds BRUTAL. I've heard people describe this and it sounds so terrible. Wish we could come down, open a bottle of wine and hire someone to massage your feet!

absolutely tremendous idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

gallstone necklace :lol: ewwwwwwwww

I dunno how to describe the right sound,

Suzle says Neek-cola (coca-cola sound)

We Brits say Nik- er-ler

:blink: see..........so confusing............

LAMINATE FLOOR? we were goign to do that here. :sadface: How fabulous!

NICOLA'S DULL, BORING, MUNDANE (TOTALLY UN-SOAP OPERA WORTHY DAY)

....Are yer bored yet?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: 'tis absolutely riotously phunny to me.............p'raps Nik could be the new Bridget Jones, but of the maternal world? write mad columns for bored US housewives? :lol:

The science guy at the library today was a MAD Scientist!!! He was hilarious, and at the end, he said, "So! Science is BORING, RIGHT???" All those kids screamed "NO!" so loudly, it rattled the windows. Mommy is pleased.

:) yay! this is good! and the corndogs sound yummy.......

Nik-er-ler's diary I bet Boris will end up with something heinous :o Egads- what would a cat with Tourette's sound like? "Meow farking meow meowMEOW bloddy MeOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" (No offense to any Tourette's sufferers or those that love them- just being silly)

:lol: oh dear gawd........Bev has lost her ever-lovin' mind.................

well sillies, I'm to bed quite early tonight.........more early yard work tomorrow........ :boredsadface:

s'all I got...............

night sillies :)

Did Amanda get to go on vacation?

and a halloooooooo to Ryan, BTW!

and there's Peter <waving hand>

Ridgewalker Contributor
:) yay! this is good! and the corndogs sound yummy.......

They were quite good! ...unlike the Gluten-free Casein-free pizza I made tonight. <shudder> That "cheese" was horrid. I guess I got the wrong kind, because I know we've had some over at Mom's house that wasn't too bad at all. Worst of all, when it came out the oven looking like baby spit-up, I looked at the package again to see if I had missed some magical tip... And suddenly saw "oat flour" as the next to last ingredient. So actually, I'm sure I got the wrong kind. :rolleyes:

Of course, Lucas had already taste tested it, and I ate maybe half a slice, before I saw that. Hopefully, it'll be ok... it's just a teensy bit of oat flour after all- could be worse... How DO these things continue happening after so long, though?! Ugh.

Ridgewalker Contributor
Of course, Lucas had already taste tested it, and I ate maybe half a slice, before I saw that. Hopefully, it'll be ok... it's just a teensy bit of oat flour after all- could be worse... How DO these things continue happening after so long, though?! Ugh.

:blink: Busted... out of a sound sleep, bolting for the bathroom... appalling... I'll spare you the details...

Still hoping Luke will be ok... All he really did was give the edge of his pizza a little lick. <fingers crossed> Gah...

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi all--

What happened??? :o No phorum for hours.....maybe some new and exciting features added?

How phabulous was it to phinally get back and see a classic Souczie two-parter!! :D Gawd--it's been way too long ;)

Sarah--I soo-o--o-o-o-o hear ya on the oat flour <_< I guess it can slip by the best of us! :lol: and moi! :P

Me stomach is calm this morning--bit I pheel like I have a hangover..... B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

MORNING ALL YOU SILLIES......... ;)

WEll I finally start getting into the silly grove..........and no forum................ B) Thanks for letting us Know Patti

Was going to hit the exercise class at the rehab pool......... :o but after planting 3 hanging baskets.....and working outside in the beastly heat yesterday i said to me self................NADA :ph34r: not gona do dat...........

God it's NASTY out there and to stay that way for a few days............

Question......did Amanda get off on her vac? Anyone hear?

Thanks to all the nice folks who 'conversed' with me. I still can't get the multipal posts to come up.

might be a project today instead of cleaning the carpets.

Sara........how are you and Luca doing? Wish I had a 'great mom icon' to use.

Judy

nikki-uk Enthusiast

OMGAWD....I thought I'd slipped into a forumless abyss........quite scary :o

Busted... out of a sound sleep, bolting for the bathroom... appalling... I'll spare you the details...

Still hoping Luke will be ok... All he really did was give the edge of his pizza a little lick. <fingers crossed> Gah...

:( OH NO SARAH!!!!!!!!

What's happening?? :unsure: ........are the psilly cOeliacs getting complacent???? :o

Blasted silly villi <silly villy :lol::blink: > - why must they behave like this???

I've often thought the 'no oats' in the whole gluten-free thang is the kicker....you know a entire world of food would open up in food if coeliacs could have them - especially kids stuff :angry:

You can buy 'uncontaminated' oats here in the UK online ...but dear god ...you need a mortage to afford it (and I can't <_< )

a classic Souczie two-parter!! Gawd--it's been way too long

True dat Paddeigh .....

How I missed 'em, however she pronounces me name :rolleyes::lol:

(BTW - *I* found the way she said Nicola quite endearing :D )

Ok, B) yer know the 'celeb oversize' sunglasses I look fab in???..........Tel says I look like a wasp in 'em (big lensed eyes) <_< ...he said all I needed was a stripey top to go with 'em...........HOW DARE HE!!! :angry: ....and WHAT does he know about fashion anyway!! HARUMPHFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol: ...actually I had a proper fit of the giggles over it......Tel kept making 'buzzing' noises at me........

I have accomplished NADA today.....(no Bridget Jones style diary today pholks ;) ) BUT have just had a can of coke so ....yer never know....might get sumfink done once the caffeine kicks in :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star
:lol::lol: ...actually I had a proper fit of the giggles over it......Tel kept making 'buzzing' noises at me........

Excellent. I usually have improper fits...

Green12 Enthusiast
Thanks, Jooleigh. :) My Weezee's blood work was quite decent! She has low T4, and so, just like Tika, may be on medication soon.........and - slightly lowered hematocrit.... stool sample is normal........so......I"m confounded. Can't figure out WHY she is SCOOTING on carpet when ANAL GLANDS (I said it) were quite recently emptied, adn why she eats grass EVERY SECOND of her life.......... :blink:

P'raps I'll post a query and hopefully SANDY will see it!

Well, glad that the blood tests came out pretty good. Maybe she has an upset stomach? That's what I thought the reason was behind silly dogs eating it :huh:

:blink: Busted... out of a sound sleep, bolting for the bathroom... appalling... I'll spare you the details...

Oh no Sarah! I hope you are better today, and I hope Luke didn't have any problems.

What happened??? :o No phorum for hours.....maybe some new and exciting features added?

I know, I get a slight panic feeling when the phorum is down :lol: I have to get in here and see what I am missing!

Glad your stomach is calm today Patti, I imagine it will take a while to feel back to normal after taking the cc nuts out.

Was going to hit the exercise class at the rehab pool......... :o but after planting 3 hanging baskets.....and working outside in the beastly heat yesterday i said to me self................NADA :ph34r: not gona do dat...........

Mornin Judy! You amaze me with all yer gardening and such. Get rested and stay cool today :)

Ok, B) yer know the 'celeb oversize' sunglasses I look fab in???..........Tel says I look like a wasp in 'em (big lensed eyes) <_< ...he said all I needed was a stripey top to go with 'em...........HOW DARE HE!!! :angry: ....and WHAT does he know about fashion anyway!! HARUMPHFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: That is phunny Nikki! But you know, not only fashionable those gigantic sunglasses they also protect ye eyes, so quite sensible too.

Nikerler said True dat Paddeigh :lol:

So, I have an acquaintance originally from the UK and she is also a Nicola, but everyone says NICK-ola.....is that incorrect??

:lol:

elye Community Regular

Well, a late good morning to all!

I headed in here with my morning tea at around 7:30 this am, and my crazy, psilly buddies wouldn't load! GAAAAAAHHHH!! I felt helpless and alone... .my kids slipped their arms around me and softly muttered, "Mom...it's okay.....we're here". Husband patting my back - -"I'm here....I'm here".

But nothing would assuage my solitary angst........ :lol:<_<:rolleyes:

Pate (where is my accent egu when I need it? it would be over the E, and pronounced, pah-tay, like the liver stuff )

Actually, I just LOVE Pate. It's very phunny....... :lol:

I did a little dance when I saw Souzle's two-parter today......She is back!! :):) And her phunny-as-hell self.....

What's going on with Annie's anal glands, Souzle? :huh:

:lol: So, all along, I have been thinking her name is pronounced ni-COE-luh. [Emily - in all correctness a SCHWA would be used on first syllable] Accent on middle syllable. You see, I don't think anyone in the entire US has that name. Have never heard it spoken aloud. But she said it was pronounced NEE-coe-la. Well then, why in hell is she saying it's ........what was it? Nick-er-ler? (not to be confuzzled w/ George W. Bush's NUKE-yoo-ler )

Nicker-ler's pronunciation issue is great stuff...... :lol: I think the confusion comes from the name Nicole, which always has its stress on the second syllable. We great unwashed :rolleyes: immediately assume that any derivitaves keep the same core pronunciation. But here it changes!! How confounding... . .

that Mark, he's a keeper......

OMG, yes. What a neat guy...... :)

This is simply marvelous. I say we do it. Start a seemingly COMPLETELY serious thread, and start adding replies, saying, oh yes, I"m on this Edna, and it's heinous or........well which Edna are you using? so on and so on.............really scaring and confuzing everyone.

YES. :lol::lol:

We could combine two of our coined words, and have outside readers nervously sitting at the edge of their seats, wondering whether or not to hit the report button.....

"Ah, gawd, putting Edna and Sven together....it's SO tough! You're doing really well with one of them, then you try Sven on top of Edna, and it gets exhausting....

Man, Sven just wipes me out. Takes everything I've got.......has me in all of these positions, I can barely catch my breath....."

:o:lol:

C'mon, Patti......fess up. You were knocking them back last night. :lol:;)

Corn dogs!! Yummy, Sarah! So glad to hear your day turned out well......

Great to see you on here as a regular Psilly, Judy! Would love to have met you in Philly....next time! :)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Hi all--

What happened??? :o No phorum for hours . . .

Hmmmmm . . . What did you DO, Emily???

Sarah - hope it's not too bad for you and Lucas

Susie - was in Wal-Mart picking up some doggie treats for JoDog to take with her to the kennel. Stumbled across "Dingo" brand dog treats, so of course that is what I bought!!

Nicker-ler - not sure if it's the right way, but this is how I'm gonna say it . . . :lol::lol:

OK, I'm leaving on holiday vacation tomorrow morn . . . have loads of stuff to do today. If you see me here, tell me to git back to werk!!! Don't know if I'll have internet access or not. If not, I'll see you sillies a week from Sunday.

jerseyangel Proficient
Great to see you on here as a regular Psilly, Judy! Would love to have met you in Philly....next time! :)

Of course you'll have to visit her at me house, cuz that's where Em and her extremely cool family will be ;):D

And Emily said "great unwashed"!!!!! Got me an extended guffaw over that little gem :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
I'll see you sillies a week from Sunday.

Have a great holiday, er vacation Gian-knit!! :D We'll keep a light on fer ya!

Green12 Enthusiast
"Ah, gawd, putting Edna and Sven together....it's SO tough! You're doing really well with one of them, then you try Sven on top of Edna, and it gets exhausting....

Man, Sven just wipes me out. Takes everything I've got.......has me in all of these positions, I can barely catch my breath....."

In my best Sarah voice, "Oh MAH gaaaaah!!!!!!!!"

Warnings would definitely be flying :lol:

OK, I'm leaving on holiday vacation tomorrow morn . . . have loads of stuff to do today. If you see me here, tell me to git back to werk!!! Don't know if I'll have internet access or not. If not, I'll see you sillies a week from Sunday.

Have fun on yer Holiday Janet!!!!!

Where is Amanda?? And Alex?

Hi to Peter!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I imagine it will take a while to feel back to normal after taking the cc nuts out.

Can I take this line out of context 'cos it makes me larf??? :lol:

So, I have an acquaintance originally from the UK and she is also a Nicola, but everyone says NICK-ola.....is that incorrect??

Ohhhhh......I don't know----I can't HEAR YOU JULIE !!!

;) I'll ring call yer and we'll see how you sound

But nothing would assuage my solitary angst........ :lol:<_<:rolleyes:

'Twas indeed a scarey time this morn (my fear started afore ye 'Great unwashed' woke up :lol: )

:lol:

What about when you add some Britisms .....

After a double session with Sven I completely blew me Edna

:blink: ...that might raise a few eyebrows :lol:

C'mon, Patti......fess up. You were knocking them back last night. :lol:;)

Definitely would explain the raised liver enzymes :rolleyes:

Gian-knit's off on her hols!!!! (where she going???)

TA-RA luv!!!!!!! :D

....and Judy??....is she a full time silly now??? :D

jerseyangel Proficient
After a double session with Sven I completely blew me Edna

:blink: ...that might raise a few eyebrows :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Indeed!

:lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular
Hmmmmm . . . What did you DO, Emily???

:huh::unsure:

OMG.......What DID I do??

JANET!! You cannot be away from the forum for this long.......I cannot go ten days without seeing yer spectacular av...... :lol:

Where are ye going? Possibly no internet access......sounds like Hell proper...... :rolleyes:

Nikerler! :lol: Blowing Britishisms......

I am going to a wedding on Saturday, and picked up a lovely frock at Value Village. I was so delighted - - pale yellow linen dress, looks brand new, $7.99. :) Howevah, it has a low back. I now must go and try to find a new bra with a low back strap, and will likely spend another $40.00 on this accommodation. :rolleyes:<_< Suddenly a fifty dollar outfit......

I could take this opportunity to try duct tape, now, couldn't I? But how would I tape them up, so they're nicely lifted, as a bra will do? Must experiment........Stay tuned.

elye Community Regular

Mygawd........

Where IS everybody? :unsure:

I mention my latest brassiere challenge, and everyone scatters......

Well, duct tape will NOT keep my boobs up. I need a little portable shelf er sumfin'.... . . .bit o' scaffolding... . .

How about wires?.... . .Brackets?.... . .

Here I was traipsing through Sears and Walmart, when I think I should have headed straight fer Home Depot....... <_<:rolleyes:

psawyer Proficient

Indeed, sillies seem scarce today. While I'm keeping abreast of the discussion, I don't think I will be able to add any, um, support to a decision regarding a bra. :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
Here I was traipsing through Sears and Walmart, when I think I should have headed straight fer Home Depot....... <_<:rolleyes:

:lol: Mmm-m-m-m, I'm just thinking what one of those burly Home Depot guys would have to say when you inquired as to their selection of boobage bracing B) Ah, to be a fly on the wall.....

Indeed, sillies seem scarce today. While I'm keeping abreast of the discussion, I don't think I will be able to add any, um, support to a decision regarding a bra. :ph34r:

Ahem...glad you got that off yer chest, PeOter! :P:lol:

elye Community Regular

....But Oracle PeOter! You're rumoured to have all the answers! :lol:

Yes, I can see me now, striding down the lumber aisle at Home Depot, toward some poor, unwitting, elderly clerk. Grabbing each boob and lifting them up, I would proclaim, "I need some support scaffolding, here".........

A potential employee of the month.... ..

Mtndog Collaborator

Well hallo......one of the great unwashed pooping in to say hello! Howdy HO! :P How for fart thous? Has any one started the Edna/Sven thread? can't wait- it will drive poor Pscott cwazy!!!!!!!

And suddenly saw "oat flour" as the next to last ingredient. So actually, I'm sure I got the wrong kind. :rolleyes:

Sarah- I hope you guys are OK :( No more glutamination for Psillies- that's 4 of us!!!!!!

Patti- glad your tummy is settling down.

Me stomach is

calm this morning--bit I pheel like I have a hangover..... B)

Don't ya hate that? A hangover without the night before fun. POOPY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Jess :lol: :lol:

I mention my latest brassiere challenge, and everyone scatters......

Another improper fit? :P

Petah- :lol:

Well, finally got some GOOD news today. They tested my immune system a month ago for how much the Lyme is impacting it. A normal person is 2-17%. I came in at a whopping 2%. Hey! I'm almost normal. And my antibiotical break has been extended for at least 2 more weeks!!! After that- you don't wanna know. I'll just concentrate on the good for now :D

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG Bev!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

That is fantabulous news!! Wow--what a long time coming--eh?

Archived