This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
Okay....just planning my Easter dinner. I'm thinking about a leg of lamb with roasted potatoes and yams....perhaps asparagus...

What's everbody else doing?

Gosh, I haven't given it much thought. It's just going to be the three of us--my older son's girlfriend manages a flower shop and has to work part of the day, and since it's an hour drive up here they won't be able to come :(

Maybe we'll grill steaks. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast
Okay....just planning my Easter dinner. I'm thinking about a leg of lamb with roasted potatoes and yams....perhaps asparagus...

We're doing ham with smarties, peeps, choc eggs and gummy bears on the side.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Bubba said, 'Outside on the truck. Where do you want me unload 'em??' :P

:lol: :lol:

forgot to laugh about this earlier!

:lol: :lol: :lol: excellent side dishes! will those be warmed, or just served room temp?

Darn210 Enthusiast
:lol: :lol: :lol: excellent side dishes! will those be warmed, or just served room temp?

Room temp, of course . . . why make more work for myself . . . although . . . chocolate? and peeps? . . . well, I'm 2/3 of the way to an Easter themed s'more.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG - where's Ptaum? has he pooped in today? he must be quite unwell........

:unsure:

elye Community Regular

Yes....where's King Ptaum? ...Only 25 pages left in his reign....

psawyer Proficient

We're having Jacquie's parents over for roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and other gluten-free food. FIL deserves a good dinner, so I shall keep my shotgun ready in case MIL tries to go anywhere near the kitchen. JK. :ph34r: (MIL has Alzheimer's and is losing her cognitive faculties slowly but surely). :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor

Hmmmmmmmm . . .wrote more than I want to see posted. Excerpts it is. . .. . . . . or less

(aka ahhhh shheeeeeeeet I don' wanna see that in Sillyville)

I popped in a couple times. Haven't had anything worth saying. -_-

Much of the day spent shrouded in unfounded anguish might be one way to put it.

<tomorrow will be better>

Today I looked up the 'best' of my psychiatrists from long ago, but she's now down in Aptos (a few towns south of Santa Cruz) instead of just up the road.

I'm starting to think I might want to start reading The Bible.

Don't have one tho.

...."I'll have a double-double oxycontin, two Salbutrimol puffers and to drink....um....a medium banana-flavoUred amoxicillin, please". :lol:

Hehehe

Yes, Alex, this really is such great news. You may very well see things turn around for Colin....we know that Susie can certainly attest to this--gluten can impair the brain in astonishing ways. SO great he's getting off it!! :)

MmmHmm Colin certainly may end up feeling better than he thought possible.

Tho Susie is far more open about it than I'm comfortable being, gluten caused me a lot more than physical problems too.

My major issue wasn't lifelong, but was nothing short of terrifying for a few yrs before going gluten-free made it fall away, in stages.

The common perceptions of what schizophrenia even is are wrong.

Love the av Em :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

GAD!! :o

Here, smarties are like M+M's , and 'peeps' are ....well.....people :lol:

So, I suggest you forget the ham (too much if you are eating people as well)

Hubby shall be doing dinner Sunday,

Roast Lamb, Yorshire Puddings, roast potatoes, loads of steamed veg (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, green beans)

...um...with mint sauce

All welcome ;)

Kitty Will convalesing nicely....he slept on Terry's pillow last night as he knew only a man would understand his plight :lol:

Unfortunately

My hubby's cousin was dx'd with it in his late teens :(

...and what on Earth has happened to Julie M??? (see her thread in gab room) ....I am worried about her :(

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Now thats my kind of dinner!!! :):)

Hi Peeps!!!

Very very cold morning! Tis a quiet day in the office, only 4 of us here instead of 12. We only have to work till 2:30...my supervisor lets us go 2 hrs early the day before a holiday :) and we dont need to use PTO.

Landen is spending the night with us tonight. He has got an earache but his babysitter said well my kids are already sick so just bring him over.....Jen was like ummm no why would I want him to get worse?? So he will accompany me to the store to do our Easter Dinner shopping.

We are having Easter Supper on Sunday with Landen and Jen. She is making the ham, bought it last night at Weggies, and it says gluten free on it. She is going to glaze it herself with other Weggies items she got. I gave her directions to the store a few weeks ago, being from Michigan she has never been to one....She has fallen in love :)

How is everyone else spending the day?

elye Community Regular

Good Friday morning, sillies!!

The start of a long weekend. Weren't my kids just home for an unfathomable amount of days? Well, yes, March break was last week....and now four more days! I'm sending them out to shovel snow...it's melting quickly, but no matter--good exercise. :rolleyes:

FIL deserves a good dinner, so I shall keep my shotgun ready in case MIL tries to go anywhere near the kitchen. JK.

:lol::lol:

Who on earth has ever heard of MILs igniting the desire to reach for a shotgun? :ph34r:<_<

Much of the day spent shrouded in unfounded anguish might be one way to put it.

<tomorrow will be better>

Oh, Ptaum, I am sorry. I read this, and knew I wanted to respond, but have no idea what to say. Post-partum depression put me in a private hell that eventually lifted on its own without meds, so I may have some idea of what you're feeling. Wish there was some way to help...thinking of you.

Tho Susie is far more open about it than I'm comfortable being, gluten caused me a lot more than physical problems too.

My major issue wasn't lifelong, but was nothing short of terrifying for a few yrs before going gluten-free made it fall away, in stages.

Tom, have you ever thought about writing your story out into a book? You write so well, and I suggest it for two reasons: it may be of great therapeutic help to you, and many, many others who don't know about the connection between food sensitivities and mental health and are suffering, perhaps needlessly, could benefit from hearing of your experiences. Susie should do this also, and says she plans to one day.

I know I would love to read your book. :)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Sillies entertain me today!!! I am here and bored and have nothing to do!

Mtndog Collaborator

Ptaum- HUG!!!!!!!!! Today will be better!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: for you.

Maybe you could suggest that he be happy; at least he can be more convinced that he fathered both of you. (Maybe that only works in my or Emily's types of families.)

:lol: :lol: that would work in my family too. Oh sh*%t- wait, I was adopted :P

Mygawd....Bev, is this truth, or somefin' ridiculously funny? You guys have drug drive-throughs?! Wow...."I'll have a double-double oxycontin, two Salbutrimol puffers and to drink....um....a medium banana-flavoUred amoxicillin, please". :lol:

OMG again....somefin' else I've never heard of....Philosophy gels? Are they real, or simply a copy of the ultimate gel in the immense, real world beyond our consciousness? :lol::rolleyes:

Oh wouldn't that be nice! I need a refill on my Percocet, my valium, my LSD and B) Prescription? What prescription? Oh no, my doctor said it was fine :P

And here are said Open Original Shared Link I LURVE lavender pound cake too!!!!!!!!!!!

I listen to this radio station and they were talking about Amy Winehouse....and they said she looks like if you would touch her you might get "something" she looks like she will die anyday.....Yikes! Sad cause the girl is rather talented.

Leprosy????????????????

Yep the Hershey CVS has the drive thru---very nice, but tight space to manuver through....

That's just wrong UNLESS you get free chocolates with EVERY prescription!!!!!!!!!!

I'm coming to YOUR house (after Nikki's!!!!!!!!!!)

so I shall keep my shotgun ready in case MIL tries to go anywhere near the kitchen. JK. :ph34r: (MIL has Alzheimer's and is losing her cognitive faculties slowly but surely). :(

Yep- wouldn't understand that AT ALL :lol: :lol:

So, I suggest you forget the ham (too much if you are eating people as well)

Kitty Will convalesing nicely....he slept on Terry's pillow last night as he knew only a man would understand his plight :lol:

...and what on Earth has happened to Julie M??? (see her thread in gab room) ....I am worried about her :(

Uhmmm....cannibalism for Easter. :lol:

Wee Willie :wub: :wub:

I got an email from Julie yesterday- she's doing OK but FRUSTRATED!

jerseyangel Proficient

That's so relieving to hear. I think I gave the stupidest answer over on her thread, but I was petrified that I'd say the wrong thing or something. SO glad to hear she's ok. Thanks, Bev :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
We're having Jacquie's parents over for roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and other gluten-free food. FIL deserves a good dinner, so I shall keep my shotgun ready in case MIL tries to go anywhere near the kitchen. JK. (MIL has Alzheimer's and is losing her cognitive faculties slowly but surely). :(

Peter! :lol: try and not shoot anyone on Easter.

I'm starting to think I might want to start reading The Bible.

Don't have one tho.

:) I recommend it.

Sorry you're having such a rough day, Ptaum.....I am hoping this will pass soon. I have fallen into a few pits myslef in the last 2.2 years....but it's been a while. I am now almost entirely off my antidepressant......have been weaning over the last two months....I HOPE to not have to use them again......

Did you eat something questionable? Feel better!

:lol: Poor Wee willie-less Will! Such a noble, long-suffering kitteh!!!!!!!!

Tom, have you ever thought about writing your story out into a book? You write so well, and I suggest it for two reasons: it may be of great therapeutic help to you, and many, many others who don't know about the connection between food sensitivities and mental health and are suffering, perhaps needlessly, could benefit from hearing of your experiences. Susie should do this also, and says she plans to one day.

I know I would love to read your book. :)

:) P'raps Tom and I can collaborate........I keep thinking there's got to be some way to turn my decades of misery into some help for sufferers......but don't know how.

Plus, I"m too tired. :blink::lol:

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY MY SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are leaving in a couple of hours for the cabin. It feels weird, to not be at a family gathering on Easter......it'll just be Kissey, Weezee, and me.....we were going to go to Ventana for brunch on Sunday but........geez, w/ wine, tip, etc., it'll end up costing nearly $200 for two. :angry: So, 'tis Ventana on Saturday and Sunday morning, not sure yet. Maybe we'll hide eggs in the cabin for Annie. :)

I"ll be back Sunday, carry on sillies, and Happy EAster!!!!!!

:wub:

Jestgar Rising Star

We were just discussing this morning how many more people would participate in communion if they used chocolate wafers and a good red wine.

jerseyangel Proficient
I"ll be back Sunday, carry on sillies, and Happy EAster!!!!!!

:wub:

Happy Easter to you and David! Have a great time, we'll see you when you get back :D

We were just discussing this morning how many more people would participate in communion if they used chocolate wafers and a good red wine.

:lol: Gawd :lol:

tom Contributor

Thanks for the well-wishes - they seem to have worked! :wub:

Today's much better so far. Glad I didn't post the more drastic rantings.

There have been a few days here & there like that.

Quite frustrating to think I'm doing everything right then have a day like that anyway.

:lol:

Unfortunately

My hubby's cousin was dx'd with it in his late teens :(

I've a cousin who SHOULD'VE been dx'd decades ago. I don't even actually know that group of cousins tho or I'd be all over him to try gluten-free.

A link HAS been proven.

I'll guess hubby's cousin is on meds & no one's considered gluten-free, despite celiac in the family?

Quite

Tom, have you ever thought about writing your story out into a book? You write so well, and I suggest it for two reasons: it may be of great therapeutic help to you, and many, many others who don't know about the connection between food sensitivities and mental health and are suffering, perhaps needlessly, could benefit from hearing of your experiences.

1) I have been told that before.

2) I don't really write that well.

3) We can pound people over the head 'til the cows come home & they still won't believe the unbeLIEEEEEEEEVably drastic effect diet can have.

And 4) I still really don't like even thinking about what it was truly like. It barely even resembles living. Not even 'going through the motions' of living, tho maybe sometimes a little like watching someone else who looks like me going through the motions.

Or not .. .. .GAH!! I can't think about it this much.

Reminds me of a mom saying "your face will get stuck like that". TOEEEEEEEE-tully irrational fear here of imagining that mindset fully and being unable to pull back out. I haven't gone even 10% in since it happened.

(I'm aware the above sounds like lunacy btw :lol: )

Uhmmm....cannibalism for Easter. :lol:

"Body of homelessguyfoundundertheoverpass"

"Amen"

:o

<_< at least that's good to hear .. . I think? :huh:

. .. . I have fallen into a few pits myslef in the last 2.2 years....but it's been a while. I am now almost entirely off my antidepressant......have been weaning over the last two months....I HOPE to not have to use them again......

I guess these single-day ones might only be a deep pothole. I'm FOR SURE at a psychiatrist if any last a week. (Or 4 days?)

I'm a little surprised you've weaned that far. (Ok . ..more than a little)

I think I'd be scared of over-weaning.

Is there really enough of an upside to justify it?

Did you eat something questionable?

Not a thing. I DID try ibuprofen, for the 1st time in yrs, on Tuesday as a test. Seemed like no effect either way.

:) P'raps Tom and I can collaborate........I keep thinking there's got to be some way to turn my decades of misery into some help for sufferers......but don't know how.

The King decrees you must promise to let me know if you ever come up w/ a way to do this.

I could probably .. . ..screw "probably" .. .I COULD get past my fear discomfort if I really thought it would do some good.

We are leaving in a couple of hours for the cabin. . .. .

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

P.S. LOOK!!! . .. . .. Up in the sky!!! .. . .. . . . It's SUPerWeasel!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Mtndog Collaborator
Peter! :lol: try and not shoot anyone on Easter.

Except Especially my your MIL :P

We are leaving in a couple of hours for the cabin.

Wait!!!!!!!!!!! You forgot me!!!!!!! I'm coming, I'm coming (flapping wings VERY hard in living room as we speak!!!!!!!!!!! Hope Peter doesn't shoot me out of the sky over Canada!!

P'raps Tom and I can collaborate........I keep thinking there's got to be some way to turn my decades of misery into some help for sufferers......but don't know how.

I have always thought there's something to this thread about resilience. Here are a bunch of people who have been through HELL, and yet we have all chosen to laugh and not cry. It's the 2nd longest thread on the board!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm...I'm sensing "Silly Soup for the Celiac Soul"

What????????? I'm there just for the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
[i have always thought there's something to this thread about resilience. Here are a bunch of people who have been through HELL, and yet we have all chosen to laugh and not cry. It's the 2nd longest thread on the board!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm...I'm sensing "Silly Soup for the Celiac Soul"

You're right about the resilience, Bev...maybe we could all collaborate. :)

~alex~ Explorer
I have always thought there's something to this thread about resilience. Here are a bunch of people who have been through HELL, and yet we have all chosen to laugh and not cry. It's the 2nd longest thread on the board!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm...I'm sensing "Silly Soup for the Celiac Soul"

That's a good point. I'm feeling kind of sad today thinking about the pain that so many people here have been in either in the past or present :( . Most of it I only really know about the very surface of what people have been through but I still identify with it on some level. Resilience is one of my favourite words/concepts. It's a good way to think about things. People can grow and even thrive through the worst conditions. I think I'm just feeling a little too pensive and reflective today :unsure: . I'm heading off to decorate eggs with Ryan's niece and nephews. Should be a good time. It will get me out of my head and into the present.

jerseyangel Proficient

Have fun decorating the eggs, Alex :D

I want to say while I hate to see anyone--least of all my friends--having "down" days, it makes me less anxious that it's not just me. I had a hard time with anxiety, especially, and panic attacks. That feeling of doom and "I just have to get out of here NOW"....after a while I just stopped going anywhere I didn't absolutely have to. I was the queen of excuses. <_< I got pretty darn good at thinking on my feet, though :P

I wonder if we just are going to have days where no matter how careful we are, we are going to have gluten-type/related problems. There are times I get a "reaction" when I swear I've done nothing different. The same for the occasional feelings of depression that creep back. Then I get scared because I never want to go all the way back there.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--there is so much that is not known about all this and we are sort of the "practice generation" of Celiac. Flying half the time by the seats of our pants.

At least we're all in this together and I thank goodness that I have ya'll :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Glad to hear Will's doing well. He looks none the less for wear in your av--so cute :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I'll guess hubby's cousin is on meds & no one's considered gluten-free, despite celiac in the family?

UN-medicated, UN-gluten-free and currently missing :(

Gotta keep laughing peeps :)

That's a good point. I'm feeling kind of sad today thinking about the pain that so many people here have been in either in the past or present :( . Most of it I only really know about the very surface of what people have been through but I still identify with it on some level.

Yes, agreed,some of our sillies are DOWN but NEVER OUT!! sooner or later WE keep bouncing back ...COS we are STRONG!!!!!

:lol::lol: ....<that sounded really corny :rolleyes: ....but you know what I mean :) >

Ridgewalker Contributor
At least we're all in this together and I thank goodness that I have ya'll :)

Amen to that.

And what you said about the practice generation, too... a couple friends have asked me, What's it going to be like for the boys when they get to college and have to be on this diet? Among other things, I've told them that things have changed a lot for Celiacs in the past few years. They'll continue to change, and who knows where we'll be in 10 years.

I should've just quoted your whole post, Patti, because right now I'm also relating to your UFO reactions, when you haven't done or eaten anything different-- not for myself, but for Lucas. The past couple weeks, he's been showing several signs of having a "low-level" reaction, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. His teachers have commented on it, and I've had talks with them... I don't see any way he's getting glutened at school.

I bought another new toaster yesterday, and tore apart the kitchen, cleaning and scrubbing... I don't know what else to do. If this doesn't let up, I'm going to have to do a trial a elimination of dairy, which I HATE to do to him. :(

On top of all that, my ridiculous double doses of abx are doing NOTHING for my sinus infection. Now that I finished the steroids, my throat inflammation is coming back. Even the conjunctivitis in my right eye won't get better! What in hell!?!?!?!?!?! I've been doing the eye drops for a week, that should be GONE. :angry:

Anyway... to reiterate, I, too, am sooooooo glad to have you all here. I really don't know where I'd be without you! :wub:

Archived