This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Ray-cheull! What a fascinating post - - superb that you know so much about your ancestry, and that of your state. :) I LOVE all of those photos... . ......whenever I look at old profiles or shots full of people, I always wonder about each individual - - like that handsome young man holding the statue. Who was he? What is the story behind that statue? He looks very hopeful, and proud. . . .....and the young mother with her two children, pulling their belongings in a cart....what became of them? What were they thinking when this photo was taken?

So fascinating, and human . . . . ....

:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

Afternoon chaps!!!!!! :D

And now, pee-pull, let's wrap it up. Be sure to come to next weeks meeting--we have a very special guest. A representative from the Flea-Baggers Society will be here to give a talk on "Vaccination Without Representation".

:lol: ... 'Flea-baggery' :lol:

And.....he must wear a jock.

He did not even know what this was, and has had ensuing mixed emotions.

:rolleyes:

Indeed - poor Ripper :blink:

give a prayer up i can do this with out the help of a cig.

havent' given in yet but pray today isn't the day i can't stay strong.

Already done for yer Joodee ;)

MIMI's Polski peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!! (do ya think they may be related to Em's old cleaner??? :unsure: )

....abandoned all indoor chores today as it's been a glorious day :D - just love to absorb those rays!...chasing away the Seasonal Affectiveness :lol:

Hope all the psillies are having a SUPERB Saturday!!

Gotta get dinner ON (gluten-free sausage and mash :P ) and then settle down for MORE 'Britain's got talent' ......(I'll keep me eye out for Sooze ;) )

Green12 Enthusiast

Good Saturday Sillies :wub:

going to sand and paint the front porch rail today

give a prayer up i can do this with out the help of a cig.

havent' given in yet but pray today isn't the day i can't stay strong.

judy

Hi Judy, thinking of you dear.

Stay strong, I know you can do it!

....abandoned all indoor chores today as it's been a glorious day :D - just love to absorb those rays!...chasing away the Seasonal Affectiveness :lol:

:jealousfacegalore:

Enjoy your nice day outside Niks

We are having a spring blizzard, surrounded by snow, snow, and more snow.

SO very ready for spring. I guess looking on the brightside when everything melts it should be nice and green and signs off spring everywhere from all the extra moisture we are getting.

Janet, how is Jo Dog?

Em, that's exciting about Jack starting up with baseball!

I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday :)

jerseyangel Proficient

A Julie poop in!! :D

I heard about yer snaugh--well when it melts I hope there are all sorts of pretty spring goodies under there!

The sky is absolutely opening up here! I've not seen such rain in a long time......

Jestgar Rising Star

Going out soon to plant more things.

I'm in a beastly mood, so I've taken the only sensible approach and bought myself some new lipstick. :rolleyes:

Trying it out now. I think I may have actually chosen a good color (for once).

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm in a beastly mood

I think I may have actually chosen a good color (for once).

This alone outta improve yer mood considerably! Finding a good lipstick color is dern near impossible. B)

Have phun in the dirt :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast
This alone outta improve yer mood considerably! Finding a good lipstick color is dern near impossible. B)

Yeah!! Why is that???

I don't like bold coloUrs.......but they all seem too bright on me or too glossy (yucky gooey feel on me lips) <_<

In the words of Tammy Wynette........Sometimes it's hard to be a women :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular
MIMI's Polski peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!! (do ya think they may be related to Em's old cleaner??? :unsure: )

Hmmm.........that lady pulling the cart... . .. ..... :unsure: . .. . ..add sixty pounds, subtract a couple of inches in height, throw in a tightly-wrapped kerchief 'round the head and a permanent, dismal scowl. . . . ........

Crap. it could indeed be her.

:lol:

Gotta get dinner ON (gluten-free sausage and mash :P ) and then settle down for MORE 'Britain's got talent' ......(I'll keep me eye out for Sooze ;) )

Dear gawd, no need to keep our eyes out here...... .SHE IS EVERYWHERE. . ...every time I turn on the TV or computer, there is Sooooozle Boyle.. ...... . .15 million hits a day, the BGT youtube site!

Sooooozle, you've taken the world by storm!!

This is why we haven't heard from Soooozle on here in a day.........non-stop bookings on the Today Show, BBC News, Entertainment Tonight. . . . ...

:lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

Hello Psillies- Julie's got snaugh, Judith's staying strong, the Ripper's getting a cup :o (As opposed to Ripper's smoking a snaugh-filled cup :P )

Judith- Stay strong- so proud of you. Remember, eyes on the prize!!!!!!!!!! :D

Gianknit has to ice Jo Dog's knee :wub: Poor wee Jo Dog. Gian-knit, don't take all her valium :lol:

Jess- Will you come over since I am in a beast of a mood AND would lurve a new perfect lipstick color.

I never go shopping with other people (except my sister) but how fun would it be if we could all go shopping and then out to lunch at one of Nicola's country pubs! We could buy comfy but sassy clothes, pretty, sparkly makeup that makes our skin glow and our eyelashes long and lush. We could get lovelies for our home like smelly candles and poofy couch pillows, flowers that will magically plant themselves and bloom.

Then we could have a yummy lunch at Nikker's country pub in front of a roaring fire followed by CHOCOLATE and wine and absinthe and margaritas. Then napping in big poofy beds with down comforters- Heck, let's make a weekend of it! SLEEPOVER! PILLOW FIGHTS!!!!!!!

Wow..where did that all come from? Regardless, let's DO IT!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
how fun would it be if we could all go shopping and then out to lunch at one of Nicola's country pubs! We could buy comfy but sassy clothes, pretty, sparkly makeup that makes our skin glow and our eyelashes long and lush. We could get lovelies for our home like smelly candles and poofy couch pillows, flowers that will magically plant themselves and bloom.

Then we could have a yummy lunch at Nikker's country pub in front of a roaring fire followed by CHOCOLATE and wine and absinthe and margaritas. Then napping in big poofy beds with down comforters- Heck, let's make a weekend of it! SLEEPOVER! PILLOW FIGHTS!!!!!!!

I really, really wanna do this!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Beautiphul thought, Bevvie :)

Jestgar Rising Star
I never go shopping with other people (except my sister) but how fun would it be if we could all go shopping and then out to lunch at one of Nicola's country pubs! We could buy comfy but sassy clothes, pretty, sparkly makeup that makes our skin glow and our eyelashes long and lush. We could get lovelies for our home like smelly candles and poofy couch pillows, flowers that will magically plant themselves and bloom.

YES!!!

With Susie's winnings!!

mimommy Contributor
add sixty pounds, subtract a couple of inches in height, throw in a tightly-wrapped kerchief 'round the head and a permanent, dismal scowl. . . . ........

Crap. it could indeed be her.

Crap, it could indeed be me! She's me long lost twin <_<

This is why we haven't heard from Soooozle on here in a day.........non-stop bookings on the Today Show, BBC News, Entertainment Tonight. . . . ...

Yeah, where is that girl? The last we heard from her, she was trying on dozens of perfumes at once. Perhaps she got a bad mixx? The patchouli/floral/vanilla din't sit right? :unsure:

I must share the news, friends. We're expecting...ducks!! This crazy momma mallard has planted four little greyish/green eggs in me rhododendrun :huh:

This is quite wackl--we live in a hugely populated subdivision whose only source of water is the errant swimming pool (which haven't been open since last Labor Day.)

The poor little dear.

Mu hubby is tres excited--I think he's more excited about the impending duckies then he was when I was preggers with me daughter :lol:

I told him this was probably a portent to "get our ducks in a row", but he says it's probably more a sign that the "cheese has fallen off me quwackers".

My Animal Speak book says this:

"The mallard...can be very amiable and display a wide variety of emotions.

It may reflect a need to to find comfort...with those of like mind and spirit."

Ooooh, good stuff, huh?

Darn210 Enthusiast

How ya doin' wif yer smoke free porch rail rehab, Judy??? We sillies have faith in you!!!

Reytchull, exciting about yer ducklings . . . but how does Max feel about it??

Jess, yer mom looks like me neighbor across the street . . . is she British?? . . . is your sister expecting in September??

JoDog . . . Ugh . . . it's going to be a long six weeks. Doc said "Most dogs don't even touch their leg to the floor for the first seven to 10 days". JoDog is walking on hers (with a limp) and I haven't even given her the "good stuff" pain reliever, only the ibuprofen-type stuff. There's not enough doggie downer's for the both of us. I'm gonna hafta prioritize . . . will give it considerable thought.

elye Community Regular

YES!!!

With Susie's winnings!!

Boy, does that sound like one helluva weekend. Yep, Sooooozle Boyle is poised to make millions, and will be needing to get away, to hide from all of the adoring, prying eyes....this weekend will be POIFECT.

I must share the news, friends. We're expecting...ducks!! This crazy momma mallard has planted four little greyish/green eggs in me rhododendrun :huh:

Ooooh, good stuff, huh?

Wow! How wonderful, Rayechull! Something exciting for you to watch, right outside your door. :)

Um.....I must share this with you, howevah. My late uncle was a farmer from a way back. He raised horses, cattle, Alaskan malamutes and many types of pheasants, canaries and ducks. He truly was a bird lover, and no one in my experience knew more about them.

I remember once being on his farm with him, down by the little river that ran through his property. There were a few mallards there, floating peacefully by. I mentioned how lovely they seemed, and he gave me a long look.

"You know something? There is not a more horrid male in any other species of creature. Male ducks are hateful, violent, even brutal. Many females are killed by their mates. The male rapes females regularly, and often kills chicks - - baby ducks must be constantly protected from them". :o

I've always remembered that......I was a young child when he told me this, so it is interesting that I remember it so clearly.

Not very psilly!!! But interesting.......so Raychull, go kick that mallard's arse, and watch the poor little female.. . .!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Fer the love of all that's holy--yes!! Under NO circumstances do you want to miss this!! Emmel's so phunny when she ties one on....of course the same could be said fer Jess

this really did crack me up! :lol:

but soooooooooooo sad taht Emmel did not show up here, drunken and rambling :lol:

UGH!!! .....am starving!!!!.....selph enphorced Lilliputian portions of phood after yesterdaYs 'spectacular country pub blow out'

(pics of country friend's horse on spacebook)

...... help me !!!.....soup is soooo BORING!!!!!

NCIS is on......also boring

BORED

*snoooort*

and this entire post cracketh me up also :lol: :lol:

soup??????????????????? :blink: bloody heinous <_<

and YES, we want photos of the cozy PUB LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 lbs.? I wish. Criminey, I haven't been this plump in a long, long time.

From a magnet on my MIL's fridge:

"Ewe's not fat, ewe's just fluffy"

well, 20 is my ideal, but, that's not realistic, I've decided :angry: I gained 30 pounds on the

g f diet, and if I didn't watch myself, and show some restraint, it would be more like 50 or 60, I am quite sure........

HARRUMPH

p.s.

Max (yeah, that's his ugly mug up there in my av), has run through some of his own poo in the yard and now we must wrestle him into the tub--argh.

OMG - first of all, he is ADORABLE

second of all - poopcapades is quite funny. We also call them POO CRIMES, in case you didn't know, Mimms, and this definitely counts as a poo crime. :lol:

JoDog's home with about a 5 inch incision in her knee that is stapled together. Looks Frankensteinish. Apparently she has not done well with the pain medications . . . great . . they gave her some antinausea stuff and want me to try and get her to eat before I try and give her anything. Also gave me advice like . . . "Most dogs won't let you, but it would be helpful to ice down her knee three or four times a day" :huh: Also . . . "You need to do physical therapy twice a day by moving her leg in her normal range of motion . . . but be careful, she won't like it and some dogs will bite" . . . won't even go into the cost!!! GAHHHHHH!!!!!!! This is going to be a great six weeks.

Ummmm . . . she did eat for me though . . . . . . and now she's sacked out.

oh POOR JO DOG!!!!!!!!!!!! this is simply egregious - I think you'll both need tons of valium to get through this........

And...

one more entry in the "Nipper's Anonymous" (because Emily's was just so freakin...hilarious)

and then I'll stop because Buttercup is not amused.

Buttercup: My, Big Tom, you are a strapping lad, aren't you? What big...paws you have...

And now, pee-pull, let's wrap it up. Be sure to come to next weeks meeting--we have a very special guest. A representative from the Flea-Baggers Society will be here to give a talk on "Vaccination Without Representation".

*snigger* OMG - more Nippers' Anonymous - it never gets old :lol:

fleabaggery, indeed

Oh! I am not drunk. Had 2 glasses, ate my salad, and bowed out. Wanted an early night . . ...

Won't be very phunee.. .. . .....

Jyesss! it's up to you.....grab yerselph a bottle of wine, stat!

heinous!!!!!!!! well, I had a glass or two last night, but never reached silly. And - had a one-hour conversation with my Minnesotan (favorite) cousin, found out some

UNBELIEVABLE THINGS

that have been going on in the family back there (my other cousin, her brother) :o

Sad, scandalous, crazy, criminal, unconscionable, and devastating.........

it actually may become public knowledge at some point, at which time I will fill you all in.

part deux coming up

DingoGirl Enthusiast

annnnnnnd part deux

Oh Sills. I am just not feeling one bit silly today. :( pretty grief-stricken, actually. I need me some silly.

And later, a bit of wine, er sumphin. Or, should I go get some hard booze? Jagermeister? Scotch? Brandy? Yukon Jack? what? (where is PTAUM to answer this query? and Poeter??? he's been awfully quiet) Because this is actually a SERIOUS QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

My family totally SUCKS. :( Because they just don't give a crap. And there are about......three of us who do..............we are lonely. :huh: But my wonderful cousin in Minnesota got what she wanted - a family who cared for and valued her, when she married her husband. Good, wonderful, big clan of peeps from Wisconsin who dearly love her, as she deserves to be loved and cherished for what she is, and they pay attention to her.

crap, I'm going to cry now...... :huh:

I think I should move to Minnesota. Don't even think I'm kidding.......once my mom goes, that's where I"m going. Good Lord.........what will I do about the snaugh????????????

okay so anywho - back to silly - I'm waxing way too pserious.

The Ripper is joining a new baseball league today, so he has his evaluation in our nearby sports dome this aft. This is a bigger league, comprising a larger chunk of the city than the last community group. He is very excited, for one reason only:

He gets a complete uniform. Pants an' everything.

And.....he must wear a jock.

Jack's jock!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

JUDITH!!!!!!!!! Praying you're resisting, girl. stay strong!!!!!!!!!! How is it going? my gawd, if I had to sand and paint an entire deck, I think I'd smoke crack, too :blink:

Gotta get dinner ON (gluten-free sausage and mash ) and then settle down for MORE 'Britain's got talent' ......(I'll keep me eye out for Sooze )

Yes - you can see I reversed the fairly advanced state of Dandelion Head I was in, and have dyed and coiffed me hair. :lol:

Nik's out reversing the Seasonal Affect!!!!!!!!!! yay :)

but Jools is snaugh-ed in????? Oh, Jules, so nice to have you poop in, sweetie.

I'm in a beastly mood, so I've taken the only sensible approach and bought myself some new lipstick.

Trying it out now. I think I may have actually chosen a good color (for once).

WHAT COLOUR??????????? WHERE????? :lol: love this!

Jess - yer mum looks so spry! and she looks SKINNY and in SHAPE!!!!!!!!!! beastly for her to be in that cast........

Dear gawd, no need to keep our eyes out here...... .SHE IS EVERYWHERE. . ...every time I turn on the TV or computer, there is Sooooozle Boyle.. ...... . .15 million hits a day, the BGT youtube site!

Sooooozle, you've taken the world by storm!!

Yes, I've been quite bizzy!! everyone loves me now :lol:

:):(*wistful sigh* This is just PERRRRRRFECT, Bevel..........I, as Soozle Boyle, must win our millions and make this happen............

YES!!!

With Susie's winnings!!

exactly

I told him this was probably a portent to "get our ducks in a row", but he says it's probably more a sign that the "cheese has fallen off me quwackers".

My Animal Speak book says this:

Ooooh, good stuff, huh?

this all sounded so good until I read Em's post about those wicked Man Mallards :lol:

Mimms!!!!!! Just LOVED yer historical post!!!! I have no idea about anything about dey-troit - must read all of that!!!!!!! fascinating!

well peeps - - gotta go to the hardware store.........then walk the Weezel......then work on more heinous chores..........and stupid stuff..................and, try and revive my sad spirit

:blink:

BRING THE SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elye Community Regular
UNBELIEVABLE THINGS

that have been going on in the family back there (my other cousin, her brother) :o

WHOT?? Sooooozle....TELL US!!!!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
WHOT?? Sooooozle....TELL US!!!!!!

I will tell you all........I will. At a later time. :P (so sorry)

Jestgar Rising Star
I will tell you all........I will. At a later time. :P (so sorry)

:angry: She's a talk-tease.

jerseyangel Proficient

Jess!! Yer mum!! :D

Yes, young and spry indeed--even in the lil' pic, I see the resemblence. That's some big ole' cast on her, though :unsure:

Anywho, glad she's home and on the mend ;)

Ok sillies--it stopped raining!!! :lol: Thought fer a minute there we were gonna have to build a boat :o

Cooking dinner....be back B)

psawyer Proficient
And later, a bit of wine, er sumphin. Or, should I go get some hard booze? Jagermeister? Scotch? Brandy? Yukon Jack? what? (where is PTAUM to answer this query? and Poeter??? he's been awfully quiet) Because this is actually a SERIOUS QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yep, I've been kinda quiet. Cabernet Sauvignon is a good choice. In the alternative:

Combine eight parts gin with one part dry vermouth in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with olives. Cheers! :)

Minnesota? Yeah, serious winters there. My mother is from Minnesota.

Judy, it will be nineteen years for me next week. You can do it!

mimommy Contributor
Heck, let's make a weekend of it! SLEEPOVER!

I know you all know one another much better than you know me, but I have wanted to mention that my husband is a moderator on the Blue Gorrillas website and every year they have a reunion. It's a lot of fun. Not every one goes every year, but we webcam it for those who can't make it. The guys have a stuffed blue gorilla that they send to each other. His journeys are photographed and posted and he travels with a suitcase filled with mementos, a scrapbook, and a journal--it is very funny to see some of the places he has been and with whom.

So, I just wanted to say that it would be GREAT FUN to see you crazy kooks in person!! And maybe send a silly little yak on a trip around the world, too.

Male ducks are hateful, violent, even brutal. Many females are killed by their mates. The male rapes females regularly, and often kills chicks - - baby ducks must be constantly protected from them".

Ummm...YIKES! :( Holy crappers, masochistic mallards? I truly had no idea, although I have been a little less than thrilled with this mommies bad choice of living arrangements--I mean c'mon, my 80 lb. Golden is staring out the picture window slightly to the right of where she is nesting. Not too smart, this duckie. But then again, either is my beloved Max. I had mentioned to my overly excited and overtly optimistic hubby that perhaps they might get mean when we try to leave the house, but he was busy planning how to build a little wading pool. (He really was, but has since realized the foolishness of messing with Ma Nature.)

The whole thing is off kilter--I'm not sure why she chose such a loud, active, waterless environment.

The wildlife around here is starting to fight back, I think. Deer have taken over populated neihborhoods, coyotes are roaming the streets and yards of the next county over--haven't seen them there in a decade or two.

Gives Mimms the creeps. But, alas, Mrs. Mallard is oh so cute, so I'll leave her be.

had a one-hour conversation with my Minnesotan (favorite) cousin, found out some

UNBELIEVABLE THINGS

it actually may become public knowledge at some point, at which time I will fill you all in.

And to you, Susan/Dingo Babe,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are sad, angry, and in any way troubled. You, who bring such JOY to others, do not deserve to be anything but brilliantly happy, always.

This may surprise you, but I knew something was not right--sensed it. That's because I really like you, and appreciate knowing you, and now that you've become a part of my life I (and I'm sure I speak for all of us) find your unhappiness distressing.

I think that the life goes where the heart dictates, and that if you are meant to go to Minnesota, you shall. Or not. And try to remember that our families are not always a direct reflection of our own ability to soar and find happiness--if that were the case I'd be freakin MISERABLE right now :)

The truth is, it seems to me, that we are who we choose to be, not who our families, spouses, children, and friends tell us we are or want us to be. And you my friend, are pretty f--in cool.

Do be happy, and know that you are terribly important to SO MANY. <<Hugs>> from afar.

Jess, your mom looks like she's adjusted somewhat--and she is quite cheeky, with that sassy smirk on her face "Oh, why must I suffer fools?" "Shush, mom, and smile for the camera, will ya? I'm going to show this to all my friends online." :D She looks like she is a great gal to play cards with--she'd probly kick my hiney at rummy. You're a good daughter, I know you take good care of her :)

And Judy, how the heck is it going? I am afraid I cannot offer counsel or encouragement, as I am still a 3/4 pack a day smoker meself. However, I admire your courage and chutzpah. Every moment it is a choice, and you are stronger than the cigs. Good for you!!

Jestgar Rising Star
And to you, Susan/Dingo Babe,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are sad, angry, and in any way troubled. You, who bring such JOY to others, do not deserve to be anything but brilliantly happy, always.

This may surprise you, but I knew something was not right--sensed it. That's because I really like you, and appreciate knowing you, and now that you've become a part of my life I (and I'm sure I speak for all of us) find your unhappiness distressing.

I think that the life goes where the heart dictates, and that if you are meant to go to Minnesota, you shall. Or not. And try to remember that our families are not always a direct reflection of our own ability to soar and find happiness--if that were the case I'd be freakin MISERABLE right now :)

The truth is, it seems to me, that we are who we choose to be, not who our families, spouses, children, and friends tell us we are or want us to be. And you my friend, are pretty f--in cool.

Do be happy, and know that you are terribly important to SO MANY. <<Hugs>> from afar.

What she said :)

I am once again making too much food (when is that flood gonna hit?).

Making chili with ground turkey, except that while I was at the store I doscovered a package of bacon on sale, so that's goin in too....althpugh I'm not sure how much will be left by the time the turkey's ready to go in the pot.

I've aso; discovered that bacon goes quite well with scothc :ph34r:

Jestgar Rising Star
as I am still a 3/4 pack a day smoker meself.

almost forgot

PUT THOSE THINGS DOWN!!!! WE EXPECT YOU AT THE RENUNIONS FOR MANY YEARS TO COME!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Making chili with ground turkey, except that while I was at the store I doscovered a package of bacon on sale, so that's goin in too....

althpugh I'm not sure how much will be left by the time the turkey's ready to go in the pot.

I've aso; discovered that bacon goes quite well with scothc :ph34r:

:lol::lol: Yep, Jess has been drinking!!! . . .

and I swear, I didn't edit anything :ph34r::lol:

Archived