This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Arguing With One Another On Posts!?

chgomom

jerseyangel Proficient
LOL So true, we'd all be friends with your wife and just plain drive you crazy! :lol::lol::lol:

Yea--you think we all talk a lot here! Be glad we're not hanging out at your house :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator
Yea--you think we all talk a lot here! Be glad we're not hanging out at your house :lol:

Oh my gosh! I would love to meet Mrs. Vydor Scope. I bet she's cool too!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast
I think it's good to have all this information. If I know that a product is supposed to be gluten-free, but people have reacted to it, I'm going to approach it differently than if no one has ever reacted to it, than if I have no information on it. It's all useful information in it's nuances.

Tiffany -- I think you're right. I do the same thing. In my case, I don't HAVE a typical "gluten reaction" . . . therefore, when someone says they've had trouble with something (like Amy's with CC), then I eliminate it. I have no options when it comes to ingesting gluten. Therefore, I like to see the discussions and who has found out what information. I think the people on this board do a fantastic job of fact-finding, and I always go with the most conservative opinion. If someone says they've had a reaction, then someone else says, "Hey, me, too" . . . that's it for me -- no more. But again, I have few options.

Beverly -- as for me, I like peas. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

VydorScope Proficient
Oh my gosh! I would love to meet Mrs. Vydor Scope. I bet she's cool too!

She is ! She is the most awsome women ever! She justs does not do internet forums.

my love and my heart have no rubbish bin SILLY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nor do karen's, Carla's, Patti's, Lynne's, Rachel's, Donna's, Susan's....... (and anyone else I forgot) :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

But NEVER forget that if we really new you, we could not be friend's :ph34r::P :cuz you're a guy

In all sesiousness, I know that I am well liked by some, and I know I am hated by others... esply after the recent round of pm's I got (had to empty my box to keep up), I am happy to say by far most of the PM's were postive and supporting. Its all good. :D

No worries, I am here to help others, and occasional that means goof off so that you can laugh AT me. :) (does anyone ever by that lie about laughing WITH you? LOL)

Mtndog Collaborator
She is ! She is the most awsome women ever! She justs does not do internet forums.

In all sesiousness, I know that I am well liked by some, and I know I am hated by others... esply after the recent round of pm's I got (had to empty my box to keep up), I am happy to say by far most of the PM's were postive and supporting. Its all good. :D

No worries, I am here to help others, and occasional that means goof off so that you can laugh AT me. :) (does anyone ever by that lie about laughing WITH you? LOL)

my dear Vincent- I find it hard to believe that anyone would hate you. Really, you have a heart of gold and you're a goof (hey- it it is far better to be LAUGHED at than yelled at!). People laugh AT me all the time- in fact the head of my advisory committee for my PhD accused me of being a spaz yesterday :ph34r: Hi- Welcome to the Northeast educational Conference. I am Dr. Beverly Spaz. :rolleyes: And one of my co-workers called me a "valuable loose cannon". Hope that makes YOU feel better!

Drama-Queen Rookie

I had to say something....I was actually just cruising around the site and found this post!

Now I am a youngster here on the forum but being close to my 21st b-day I consider myself an adult......

To the original poster of this thread.....I concur that this is a place for "information", sympathizing, and levity in a life of discomfort. Sometimes though some of us are shocked at a person listing a product as totally gluten-free when we know that it specifically says it is not. This often results in a heated reaction fearing for the safety of the other members of the forum going off and trying a product and possibly making friends with their toilet for the next few days. :rolleyes::D Yes some people are vehement, but you cannot go in with your little brain gnomes and rewire their brain to be more open minded. ^_^ Some people only know what they have experienced and are not aware that other people may be different than them, god forbid....

However, I think most of us here are open minded, in response to your post in Texan slang....."Them 'ders fightin' words" Not that you meant them that way, but people always can interpret stuff the way they want to.

Being an overly sensitive person to gluten I had a positive test to a gluten skin test, I am Celiac, and I have DH, I am extremely careful about what I eat. I am new to this whole gluten thing....well not new but returning to the gluten free diet with less restrictions. I appreciate people's experiences, where the information may not be 100% black and white accurate, I do get steered in the right direction on a place to look for gluten-free items in my life that I can use. Of course I check every label 3 times and bug the heck out of the natural foods store on site dietician, but I find that it is nice to know that I have a community.

Maybe it is not all "black and white" here, but then again is anything relating to gluten "black and white"? Just looking at the differences on this forum between the amount of allergies that people have, the level of intolerances that people have, and the different disorders/diseases people have not related to gluten, I would say there is no "right or wrong" answer. When I post information I try to think of most of the allergies/level of intolerance that people have. When posting a recipe, or new product I found I always mention that you should check it out for yourself and not think that I or anyone else has all the answers or all the information. That would be like going into a store and drinking oven cleaner because someone told you it was gluten free.

Richard, I am new to this forum, but you have made me chuckle already in the last week! :lol::D I have never had so much levity about my disease before in my life! I get alot of support from this community when others out there who do not have any food sensetivities are clueless. Sometimes knowing that you guys are here, opinions and all is really the reason that I get up in the morning. To know that I am not alone and to get my stiff, pained, inflamed joint booty out of bed in the morning! :wub::wub::wub:

Happy Poo-Poo to You,

Happy Poo-Poo to You,

Happy Poo-Poo, Happy Poo-Poo,

Happy Poo-Poo to YOU!

We sing this to my 2yo when she's successful too! Sometimes we even light a match in her honor! :blink:

We're not normal, REGULAR is all we can hope for! :P

See what I mean about being the highlight of my day when I feel like heck! Sense of humor....necessary to survival I have found. :D

Richard --- "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine!!!!! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Richard --- "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine!!!!! :P

Believe me, I 've NEVER been accused of being NORMAL! Fart jokes I can do, but normal, not so much ;)

rinne Apprentice

And this is the place I come to feel NORMAL, what does that say? :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yea, me too.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Ah-OOOO-GA

Ah-OOOO-GA

Somebody throw her a rope!

I think I've passed through "normal", it looked boring, so i kept going...

Reminds me of something George Carlin, once said...

"You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we have no idea where she is." :P

jerseyangel Proficient
Ah-OOOO-GA

Ah-OOOO-GA

Somebody throw her a rope!

I think I've passed through "normal", it looked boring, so i kept going...

Reminds me of something George Carlin, once said...

"You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we have no idea where she is." :P

Ba Dum Ba! He'll be here all week, folks! :D

CarlaB Enthusiast

At the Y I used to go to in Indiana, a lady there wore a T-shirt that said, "I'm in shape, round is a shape!"

TriticusToxicum Explorer

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. " Mark Twain

I hope this thread doesn't get deleted because we're NOT arguing! :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. " Mark Twain

I hope this thread doesn't get deleted because we're NOT arguing! :P

Who says we're not arguing???? That's your opinion, keep it to yourself, OKAY!!!!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Who says we're not arguing???? That's your opinion, keep it to yourself, OKAY!!!!

Argue all you want. The facts clearly show that I'm right. :P

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

-- Jimi Hendrix

Mtndog Collaborator

richard- I was just curious. in your signature it says that your mom carries gene. Gene who? Simmons? Where does she carry him and ask her if his tongue makes him extra heavy?

Moo ooo ah haha :ph34r:

rinne Apprentice
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh Beverly . . . . the full moon is on October 6th . . .. . . .!!!!!!!!!!

debmidge Rising Star

edited at this time by the author.

don't want to stir up another controversy.

Well said . . . .

TriticusToxicum Explorer
richard- I was just curious. in your signature it says that your mom carries gene. Gene who? Simmons? Where does she carry him and ask her if his tongue makes him extra heavy?

...Gene Autry. My dad was a big fan, she won Gene's ashes on eBay and keeps him in her pocket book. The whole Trigger in the trunk thing never worked out... :huh:

spunky Contributor

I'm pretty new here and don't really feel I know too many of the regular posters, but I certainly enjoyed reading this thread. It was interesting and funny...I have to say, this message board has REALLY helped me more than anything else over recent months...I am feeling so much better now, mostly because of reading people's discussions, experiences, thoughts, references to medical lit, etc., and finally figuring out my problems with all of this help. Some arguing (I think I've missed most of it) is only natural in this situation; there just isn't a lot of helpful information out there or easy to find, and so throwing around opinions and all of that is only what you'd expect. If I hadn't stumbled across this message board almost a year ago, I'd still be totally miserable today! I would hate to see this thing moderated like the vegan message board I belong to, where anything possibly conflicting with veganism is deleted right away. I like the idea of veganism, but I don't like doing anything just blindly; I prefer knowing both sides of an issue before I make my choice...but now I'm getting off track. Let me just say again: This board, and every poster on it, has been enormous help to me.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Very well said, Spunky...... :)

Hugs.

Karen

mommida Enthusiast

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I do have so more questions about that, but I'm sure I would get in BIG trouble.

L. ;)

Archived