This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fourty Something Women

Guest Floridian

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Are her bm's okay? If it was bladder, as I said, usually it would really sting to go pee. Kidneys usually hurt more along the back than the front.

Karen

(Giggles to himself)...I spend far too much time analyzing my own BM's to monitor anybody else'! :P

She hasn't had D. She went yesterday A.M. and did fine, I'm not sure if she's made any other deposits since. She usually goes about every day to day and a half....I guess I do monitor BMs! :o

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm off to pack up the kids and visit the doc. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

I've had several bladder infections, usually when I'm pregnant ... I've never had the stinging urine, so I think the symptoms vary. I had a kidney infection, and it hurt in the back ... about a 9 on a 1-10 scale. VERY painful. High fever, too. The bladder/uti infection I definately felt bad, too, but not the same. She could have one.

morganb Newbie

So once again Mom and I are side by side reading the same thread :lol::lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
So once again Mom and I are side by side reading the same thread :lol::lol::lol:

What's in the cup, Morgan????

morganb Newbie

It could just be coke :D

Green12 Enthusiast
Thanks for your thoughts, I'm off to pack up the kids and visit the doc. :)

I was going to say I would take her in and have everything checked out, glad you are going. Please keep us posted, will have her in my thoughts :)

:lol:

Good to see you Morgan :D

Yay, the B Girls! What kind of mischief are you guys up to this morning :lol:

Sorry to break up all the fun and hilarity, but I just came from a doctor's appointment and am supremely frustrated. I had surgery (to repair a hernia and torn muscle) 5 weeks ago and still am not anywhere near 100%. She told me I still have to be on lifting restriction (very hard, since I'm a PE teacher) and to take it easy. I have 4 kids, work 2-1/2 days a week, have a puppy to take care of and I usually go walking, running or bike riding almost every day. I'm SICK, SICK, SICK of taking it easy. I want to be better NOW! My older brother, who's overweight (way more than I am), doesn't ever exercise, and eats garbage had a similar surgery and was fine like 2 weeks later.

So, I went to Trader Joe's on the way home, saw "Dark chocolate covered cherries" and bought a carton. I don't usually eat much sugar, but I ate about a quarter of them without even looking at the ingredients. I still haven't looked - too late now anyway. It's probably just the sugar, but I have a whopper of a stomach ache and am now even more frustrated. And now I'll probably gain another pound because weight sticks to me when I just smell food and when I can't exercise I start to balloon.

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. Feel free to go on with fun and joking.

Sorry Liz you are so frustrated. I know its not what you wanted to hear, but be patient and be good to yourself. It takes time to heal, even more so when not totally healthy. Hope things look better today :)

Sounds like CYA to me!

:unsure: CYA??????? :blink:

Jestgar Rising Star
:unsure: CYA??????? :blink:

cover your heiny

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
What's in the cup, Morgan????

busted!! looks like the cups next to the kegs at the beer parties..... :lol:

Richard - - - I had my first and only kidney infection in December of last year....dear God. I thought I was dying and went to the emergency room, at the urging of my best friend, who gave her kidney to her brother a few years ago, so she called my mom and they made me go. I can't remember experiencing that much pain in my life....my only other visit to ER (besides poison oak debacle :ph34r: ) was for my appendectomy (oh and one day I"ll have to tell you guys THAT story :lol: ).....I have a very high pain tolerance and try to just endure things.....but this was unbearable and I almost couldn't move. The pain is a stabbing ache in the shanks......Very high fever and I was in bed for a week (at Christmas time - fun) and SO weak for quite a while. My body couldn't fight it well......I was dx with Celiac a month later. it did not hurt to urinate and urine was not cloudy or peculiar in any way I can remember....but I was quite delirious.

Let us know how the appt. goes......

Liz.....sorry about your hernia....hang in there.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Back from the Dr's. No news. Olivia donated some pee. They did a quickie test for UTI and that came back negative. She did have trace amounts of blood in her urine, but the Doc said that isn't all that uncommon. They sent a sample off for further examination and we should know more next week. :huh: He said there is a slim chance that she has a kidney stone. :)

She seems much better today all of his poking and prodding didn't elicit much of a response form her, so that's good. No fever today, but she's all tuckered out from a rotten night last night.

She's napping now, and Maddy's trying her best to take a nap, although I can hear her bouncing around overhead as I type this <_<

Thanks for all of your input and kind words/thoughts :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Richard--

I'm glad Olivia is resting comfortably :) I came on too late this morning, but it sounded possibly kidney-related to me. Anyway, it's good that the worst seems to be over.

PS--your daughters both have beautiful names! B)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh....a kidney stone will not be fun, from what I"ve heard.....can they give kids pain drugs for this?

And remember Kramer, and his kidney stone? :blink::lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
PS--your daughters both have beautiful names! B)

Thanks. Olivia was actually our second choice (but not even on our list :huh: ), but it suits her. Long story over why it was second choice, but I don't have the energy to tell it properly. Aw what the heck...Mary's brother and wife were pregnant athe same time as we were. We were discussing names one day and it turns out that Grace was atop both of our lists of girls names, not only that, but we both had Grace Madeline :huh: (Madeline is Mary's Great Aunt, she never knew her grandmother, so Madeline was the closest thing to gammie she had on her mom's side) Ok so that was weird. So we talked it over and decided to let them use the name (like it was our call anyway :P ) because they knew they were having a girl and we weren't sure and the were really set on the name. So they were all set to use the name.

Olivia was born and we had not really decide on a name yet. After they got the baby cleaned up and handed her over to Mary the nurse said, " what a beautiful baby girl, what are you going to call her?" Mary didn't even blink an eye and said "Olivia", I was like where did that come from? We had discussed just about every other name on the book EXCEPT Olivia! I wasn't about to argue with her after the 12 hrs of labor and episiotomy :blink:

So my neice was born 2 weeks later, and do you know what the named her? Isabella! We were like WTF?!

Meanwhile 6mos. later one of Mary's cousins has a litle girl and names it- you guessed it Grace Madeline! That side of the family has 0 originality I guess! :P

So we went with Madeline for #2 :)

oh....a kidney stone will not be fun, from what I"ve heard.....can they give kids pain drugs for this?

And remember Kramer, and his kidney stone? :blink::lol:

That's why I :) 'd his "SLIM" chance...my father in-law gets them and they just lay him out... :(

I'm really hoping it's nothing :unsure:

AndreaB Contributor

Lots going on over here today.

Richard keep us posted please.

Liz, hang in there.

Carla and Morgan.....you two are too much fun. :P

Hi everyone!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi to you too, Andrea :D

Green12 Enthusiast
cover your heiny

:lol: Karen, I was like "heiny" doesn't start with an "A" :huh:

I got it, a little slow, but I got it :lol:

Richard, glad you got her in and they ran some tests, I hope everything comes back fine. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry, Morgan and I have been busy, busy, busy!! Yea, Coke in the cup, I was born yesterday .... it's not a beer either, she's totally gluten-free. She drank a couple swigs of beer one day and had a huge belly ache (YAY), and her allergies came back immediately when she ate gluten, so no gluten for her anymore.

Gotta run! Catch up later!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

well Carla, was wondering where you'd been!

guess what, my gluten binge from Monday/Tues (I didn't tell you guys about Tuesday) :ph34r: has caught up with me.....ugh. terrible D, very weird, extremely NOXIOUS - sorry. Constipated most of the week, flatulent (this is gross) and...finally it's been coming out. Ouch - - big tummy ache - - the old familiar pain....

I WILL NEVER CHEAT AGAIN! :blink:

guess what day it is.......the day to ROOT AGAINST the Bulldogs!!!! make them lose!!! :lol::lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Susan, on the one hand, I'm sorry you're feeling bad, on the other, I'm glad you got the confirmation from your body that gluten is evil!!! Hope you feel better soon.

A friend of ours from Wisconsin has a farm house he and his brothers own. We went over there, out in the country near the Ohio River for the night .... Morgan and I spent some time at the mall before we went buying lots of jeans .... seems she just needed new ones, I needed ones that don't fall off!! We were successful. The overnight was fun ... always a chore though explaining to the cook all my weird requirements ... we brought the charcoal ... I don't think I was glutened because no brain fog, but still have the problem I've been dealing with all week.

I won't be on much till tomorrow afternoon. It's a busy weekend. I'm just glad I have the energy to participate again!

Guest melannen
well Carla, was wondering where you'd been!

guess what, my gluten binge from Monday/Tues (I didn't tell you guys about Tuesday) :ph34r: has caught up with me.....ugh. terrible D, very weird, extremely NOXIOUS - sorry. Constipated most of the week, flatulent (this is gross) and...finally it's been coming out. Ouch - - big tummy ache - - the old familiar pain....

I WILL NEVER CHEAT AGAIN! :blink:

guess what day it is.......the day to ROOT AGAINST the Bulldogs!!!! make them lose!!! :lol::lol::lol:

BOO BULLDOGS!!! :P:lol:

hope you feel better soon <hug>

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Can we hope that you won't test gluten again?

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Andrea, yes, we can be certain that there will be NO MORE gluten experiments. :ph34r: the crazy thing is, the day after my first binge, got teh lab slip for followup bloodwork for GI - - - OOPS........... now must wait a month or two longer than scheduled to restore damage. :(

I dont' know what the score is for Bulldogs. Better check. ;)

lonewolf Collaborator
CarlaB, this is for you (and anyone else who might be interested)--it's the sheet music for Mr. Tumnus' lullaby from the movie, "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe." I bet it would sound just amazing on the flute....

Open Original Shared Link

Fiddle-Faddle - Thanks for this link! (I know I'm not Carla, but I wanted the music.) My son and I have been practicing it on our little recorder flutes so he can do something in our church talent show. It was the perfect song. It actually sounds good on my wooden recorder!

Archived