This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dead Beat Dad....

chgomom

chgomom Enthusiast

This horses you know what.....moves to the middle of no where in Idaho...for a woman who turns out to like men. WITH NO JOB he does this. Was paying child support on unemployment.

No he moves back to Illinois....is living in a $300, 000 house with friends, as a mortage broker (just went thorugh the course work) and says to me last night...oh that loan I was closing on fell through. I don't know when I will be able to pay you for September (mind you the judge was generous and gave him till the 25th of every month and said even while unemployed he has to pay a minimum of $383 a month.

he said he has $500 in the bank according to him.

So I said if its going to be more than a week longer I need to know...he says oh yeah it will.

Then,,,,this *explicative* has the nerve to ask me, to watch one of the guys kids, that my son is friends iwth this weekend, so they can all go up north for the weekend. And to boot....he has a business meeting at 7 pm tonight at one of the most expensive restaurants in town, where he has asked me to come(when my son is supposed to be getting ready for bed to retirieve the jacket he forgot at his house yesterday.

Mind you this restaurant is a good 30 min away from where I live.

He was gracious ebough to say he could mail it, and that it would be cheaper than meeting somewhere.

Mind you taking all of the above into consideration I'm not usre how hes affording a weekend away, an expensive business dinner and the ability to mail a winter jacket.

I haven't asked for income verification, which I think I should.

I am also considering just turning it over to the state.

I feel like I am being played.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gf4life Enthusiast

Sounds like you are being played to me.

chgomom Enthusiast

Ya think? *lol*

CarlaB Enthusiast

Let the courts handle it ... I wouldn't do anything for him, and I'd hold him accountable.

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

You can have it so that any wages, be it unemployment or whatever, are attached -- it automatically comes out of his check, and the court sends you a check. My attorney threatened to do that to my ex ------- and the checks started coming in RIGHT ON TIME, every month!

Guest ~jules~

I have been through this. 2 years of court crap actually. My best advice to you is don't even deal with him period. Unless you have too, when I say have to, I mean arrangements for the kids and such. Let the court make him answer to you financially, you wont have to do a thing, they will want income verifacation, bank statements etc...through the courts there isn't much a guy can lie about financially to get out of paying his support. Once you get a support order established, support is tied into his paychecks, his employer, his tax return, well basically any "official means" of making money they will find out about it. And I would have it revised ever couple of years or so also, if he's suddenly doing better so should your children. If he doesn't pay, well he's just digging a big deep hole for himself, his tax return, his home, and in oregon even losing your drivers liscense. You are being played, so put an end to it and have the court deal with it. It sounds like you don't need the stress anyway, well, who does? I know I sound like a big B**** but my ex is a dead beat dad bigtime, that well, had to be taken care of...

kabowman Explorer

Ditto, let the courts deal with it. Now, my dad payed for the big one when he wanted custody so he wouldn't have to pay support and it looked like his new wife wasn't going to get pregnant - BUT, I still cannot get him to verify his income and he kept trying to talk to me after he started the whole thing - I said no, talk to my lawyer. Too bad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

StrongerToday Enthusiast

When I filed for divorce, my attorney immediately put in an automatic garnishment of his wages saying it would just make it easier. Boy was he right!! When my ex got behind when he was laid off, they garnished his tax return :lol: He was pissed, but I got the money!! :P

chgomom Enthusiast

YOu guys are right.

So no watching that kid.....and just send it to the state.

I gave him till October 25th to pay September and October.

If I get short changed, or given an excuse, or not paid. I will send in the paper work to the state.

Should I be creative with the no watching the kid thing like wait till Thursday night, or tell him now.

eKatherine Rookie

I would say, tell him you'll watch the kid, and give him rates that would be charged in your area. 50% in advance.

Archived