1 reply to this topic

#1 Naradowski

Naradowski

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:24 AM

I am new to all of this and I hope someone can answer my question. If a food contains 1 or more of these additives and is produced in the United States-----modified food starch, maltodextrin, mono and diglycerides,flavoring artificial or natural, are they safe to eat? There is no support group in my area, I live in Seneca SC near Greenville. Thank-you for your time

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:40 AM

Well, it might be safe :huh: , but it doesn't sound like it would be healthy. <_<
I'm not sure why they have to add all this junk into our food, but...
You best bet would be to call the company to confirm if it is gluten-free or not.

I did a little search, and you are right there are not any support groups in your area.

:blink: Have you thought about maybe getting one started? I'm sure there are some other celiacs out there that live near you. You could post a letter in a few GI doctor's offices (with permission of course) and see if you get any responses. Even if you could find one or two people who need a celiac buddy...

But at least you are on the internet, right! :D Where would we all be with out the internet. I'd be in my small town in the middle of nowhere in central California, with only one other person in my town of 10,000 who has celiac disease, and he doesn't live gluten free! I'm pushing for educating my local docotrs and then maybe the other people in town who have celiac disease will be diagnosed and we can start a group! :)

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: