Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Endoscopy Tomorrow

10 posts in this topic

My endoscopy is tomorrow, and my doctor's receptionist gave me the usual steps for the procedure. I hope I am not setting myself up for a disappointment, because from what everyone has told me, since I've been gluten-free for this amount of time, I will be. Sorry to sound so negative, but today has officially sucked and I am fed up with the people around me in my home and in my life who assume they have me pegged, but don't really understand. How nice it is to have a parent pay for an insurance plan because you're a college student, and then listen to them complain about the bill!!!! I love being blamed for causing a disease to which I have a genetic predisposition. It's been so entertaining to have my a**hole father (we never get along, because he thinks I don't understand him--apparently people with ADD can't understand adult conversations, and apparently my memory, to him, is so bad now that I could never possibly finish school). I had to pay for lights I left on!!! My father calculated the f******g kilowatt hour rate--apparently I owed him $4.28! Pay, pay, pay!! I'm sorry people have to pay, pay for me, pay for this, pay for that. I'm sorry that they're so stupid that they must think that I don't appreciate anything anyone does for me, because they're too angry to just look around!

I also feel the usual frustration of waiting for the day to happen, and I don't know what to do if the test turns out to be negative. Then I guess it's back to throwing up every meal, every day. I can't wait to hear my family then.

I'll stop now. There is no need for such profanity on the board, and this is a side of me even I don't like seeing.

I thank everyone on this board for looking out for each other.

Ads by Google:
I also feel the usual frustration of waiting for the day to happen, and I don't know what to do if the test turns out to be negative. Then I guess it's back to throwing up every meal, every day. I can't wait to hear my family then.

I'll stop now. There is no need for such profanity on the board, and this is a side of me even I don't like seeing.

We all need to vent sometimes...........and if the biopsy comes back negative, you can either ingest more gluten and try again, try enterolabs, or be satisfied with a personal diagnosis. I'm sorry you don't have a more supportive family to help you through this....that sucks that someone would complain to you about doctor bills as if it's your fault that you have the disease...and the lights---that just sounds cruel--he can't have cared that much about the $4. I have had an absolutely terrible day......(I'm trying to refrain from curses, but it's difficult)....I am so discouraged and dejected and I have never felt so hopeless with this celiac disease before. The dr. immediately dismissed my SIBO theory and pretty much thinks that I have to let this run it's course....and he thinks I should weigh much more...and he thinks I look like an 11 year-old cause I'm not as far along in puberty as other kids my age are....and he thinks that I should be careful not to blame everything on Celiac...and he thinks that my pediatrician is right that I might also have Cyclic Vomiting in addition to celiac disease......and my day has kinda sucked too.....though yours seemed much worse. When I was diagnosed I thought: good, 1-3 months of symptoms and I'll be fine. Then it was like: what the hell (quite a euphemism); why aren't I getting better.....then I was just starting to feel optimistic about this--thinking that I can just get this SIBO treated and I'm done......and now I'm told I'll have to just deal with symptoms and put on more weight -- I shoulda gained a hell of a lot more than 7 pounds in half a year.........I am so frustrated and dejected......I can't speak entirely freely for language purposes, but you get my point. Sorry your family doesn't understand -- although I still have issues w/ celiac disease and God knows what else, at least I can say that my family is trying to be as supportive as possible. Hope tomorrow is better.

-celiac3270

celiac3270--

Thank you very much for listening and replying.:) I've cooled off somewhat, and I think I'll just trust my GI's assistant--if they don't find anything, I'll take the next step--whatever that may be.

My father isn't actually a bad person--just very strict, and that's putting it lightly. Let's just say that my grandfather was a Marine. The lights thing actually happened a week ago--I just had to spit out a few angry things before I went crazy. He and I just don't understand each other, and sooner or later we have to address it.

Is the doctor who's disputing your SIBO the Celiac doctor that you've just begun to see? Maybe you can find medical documents showing its link to celiac disease--I'm not completely educated about it, but anything is still possible.

I see what you mean about looking younger than your biological age--I'm 21, but look at least 16. The good thing is, when we're older, and reach the "don't tell" ages, we'll look younger than 30, 40, 50, 60...you get the idea. :)

Hopefully we'll both find our answers and start feeling better

Thanks again, and good luck,

Think you can rant away here Jill, believe most of us have been there, done that, might have thrown a few things too, lol, oops.

Least you haven't had any doctors tell you it's in your head, you're fine, live with it, go see a shrink, have ya? Oh that's fun!

If the results do come back negative from the biopsies, well, you could always try Enterolab? Though that costs money, and may not be an option, from the sound of your family, unless you could pay for it yourself.

But if you are feeling better on the diet, then forgot everyone else, just keep sticking to it! =)

It wasn't that I was annoyed at the doctor or that he was wrong or anything....I just didn't hear what I wanted to....didn't hear that it was something that could be cured with a simple antibiotic or something. I, too, am much better now......and some of the things I said in my last post made it sound like the dr. was mean or something, which he wasn't; I was just frustrated that he didn't provide an easy solution.

Now I'm journalling everything I'm eating, trying to eat more, and if I can't gain more weight, he's going to give me some supplement that you put in a drink and it gives a lot of nutrients.......a good idea cause I'd love to gain about 12 pounds. He seemed to know a lot about celiac disease -- a ton more than I do, which is good, cause I can listen to him. Thank you for listening to my venting, though I did blow a lot of things WAY out of proportion.

-celiac3270

It's ok to blow things out of proportion once in a while...I did the same thing.

Alexolua:

A shrink was actually the first person I saw--he told me the same thing. Thanks for your reply!!!

:)

Jill, so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this. If you are feeling better gluten-free, then stay that way. I know that if I ingest any gluten now, after being gluten-free since Halloween, I truly pay for it.

For me the pay off has been feeling so much better, I had my second EGD on Monday, and was a bit disappointed to know that I am "still showing inflammation consistent with Sprue." But at least now, there is no active bleeding, and the anemia has resolved itself after taking iron supplements for months.

Hope you are feeling better, and hope all went well for you.

I notice your doxie, I just got a mini in June and she is such a hoot.

Feel free to email me if you need to.

It DOES get better, and I have found that it has gotten easier.

Sharon

~wAvE WeT sAnD~

You're welcome! I ended up seeing a shrink maybe 3rd or 4th. I got first sent to a more surgeon type doctor who thought surgery would fix all my problems. Obviously, it didn't, and was certainly fun, lol.

Shar4,

Dachshunds are one of my favorite breeds of dogs!! Aren't they cute? :) I have a mini black and tan who looks just like my avatar! Her name is Tootsie Roll, and she's 11 yrs. old.

What color is your Wiener dog?