18 replies to this topic

#16 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:03 AM

Hahaha  I was too dazed to ask for more drugs. I wanted FOOD!!! I was hungry before the procedure, and starving afterward. I'm sure at that point, sawdust would have tasted like gourmet cuisine.

I didn't ask for drugs, either, but was really hungry after.....then again, breakfast is my largest meal by far and I had to skip breakfast, and it was already lunch time when they were done. :)

:ph34r: <--*Dr. Smith in his surgery mask*

LOL.... :lol: this is one of those rare occasions when you can use that "smiley"

Hopefully your biopsies shows you are messed up and have celiac disease! Normally a mean thing to hope, but a good thing for someone with celiac disease. =)

Indeed.......

Once again, glad all went well. Please share the results with us :D

-celiac3270

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:14 AM

teehee, after my 4th biopsy 12 years after the diagnosis, my throat hurt a lot, (not nearly as much as it did after i got my tonsils out, then i kept asking for more drugs :)) but they wouldn't give me anymore. I was already checked into the hospital because I was haveing way thyroid problems, so I woke up and they wheeled me right to my room.
Molly

#18 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:36 AM

Hey, hey, what can I say? I LOVE MY GLUTEN FREE FRIENDS!!!!

I actually thought my "Dr. Smith" mask was a ninja. I figured I'd be creative with that one. I'm sure my passion for writing came alive to readers when I posted my endoscopy experience. :)

I hope my intestines are more screwed up than they look...hahahaa...they're pink, and Dr. Smith says that's a good sign. Oh well.

If I had to guess, I'd say the family member who's the biggest candidate for celiac disease is my older brother. He has constant diarrhea, and is WAY more fatigued that I am now. What bothered me was that he said he wouldn't follow the diet if he was diagnosed. That was before Dr. Smith told the rest of my family to get bloodwork done, and now my brother is scared.

My parents are asymptomatic if they have celiac disease--they are disgustingly healthy ;) (that is, of course, in comparison to me).

Family updates will follow.

Thank you all for your kindness,

#19 Alexolua

Alexolua

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:17 AM

my throat hurt a lot, (not nearly as much as it did after i got my tonsils out, then i kept asking for more drugs ) but they wouldn't give me anymore.

Ouch Molly! Though my throat felt fine. I just wanted more drugs! LOL

Wow, so your family is getting tested Jill? Mentioned to mine it'd be good if they got tested, but no one else has any symptons.. and knowing what the diet involves, they'd rather not know if they should get tested, lol.. oh well. Least if they start to develop symptons, it won't take them 10 years to figure out what's causing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: