This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cheese Cake?

linds

linds Apprentice

I am craving cheese cake and was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for a gluten free cheese cake. thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pixiegirl Enthusiast

I'm not at home right now so if you can wait I have a wonderful recipe for cheese cake. Virtually all cheesecakes recipes are gluten-free other then the crust. And the good thing about cheesecake is it sets up so you don't need a crust.

I've also made a crust out of gluten-free cookies.

Susan

codetalker Contributor

I don't have a recipe. However, I recently bought a cheese cake from Mr. Ritt's bakery. It was absolutely delicious. Their products can be ordered and then shipped. I'm relatively close and the 80-mile round trip was well worth it. I can guarantee that you cannot tell the cheese cake is gluten-free.

Open Original Shared Link

BTW, the bakery is totally gluten-free.

Chuck

P.S. This is not an advertisement and I am not related in anyway to the company. I am just a celiac with a sweet tooth.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

This recipe is great. Junior's was my favorite cheesecake pre-gluten free. Instead of making the spongecake bottom, I took Midel gluten-free ginger snaps, some pecans and melted a little butter. I used that for a crust/bottom instead.

Open Original Shared Link

Sweetfudge Community Regular

YES! I made the best lemon cheesecake...it's from the book "The Gluten Free Bible" and I ate the whole thing by myself in less than a week! I'll post it up here if you want.

Saz Explorer

I don't have a specific recipie but you can subsitute the gluten-free biscuits for gluten-free cornflakes. It would make a nice change.

Tim-n-VA Contributor

Sorry this isn't more specific but a week or so ago there was a post on this board about making a crust out of coconut (maybe adding an egg). That would probably work fine as a cheesecake crust. I haven't tried it as I'm alse dealing with diabetic and weight-loss issues.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
gointribal Enthusiast

Here are a few that me and my husband love...

*pie crusts

Cherry Cheese Pie

8oz soft cream cheese

14oz sweetened condensed milk

1/3 cup lemon juice

1 tsp vanilla

Cherry pie filling

Beat cheese until fluffy, add milk, beat until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust and chill for 3 hours

Cherry Cheesecake

1 cherry jello

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1/2 cup sour cream

1/4 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Boil 1 cup of water, add jello, stir until disolved (don't add the cold water). Place cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 1min to soften. Add jello to cheese and mix. Blend in heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla and sugar. Mix well and pour into pan and chill

Lemon Cheesecake

2 cups yogurt cheese

7 Tb sugar

1 Tb cornstarch

1 egg, 2 eggs

1 lemon or lime juiced

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp grated lemon or lime peel

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into pan and bake at 325 (25 min for pie pan or 55 min for spring form pan). Refrigerate uncovered for 8 hours.

Key Lime Pie

2 8oz cream cheese

1 lime jello

2 tsp sugar

1/3 cup boiling water

1/3 cup cold water

1/2 cup heavy cream

Whip heavy cream and sugar until peaks form, set aside. Mix jello with boiling water until dissolved, then add cold water. Slowly add cream cheese to jello, when its all mixed smooth, fold in whip cream. Pour into pie pan and refrigerate overnight.

*Nut pie crust

3Tb butter

1/2 cup ground almonds, walnuts or pecans

2Tb sugar

Melt butter, add nuts and sugar, press into pie pan and chill.

olalisa Contributor

just today I found great recipes on pamelasproducts.com including some for cheesecake...haven't tried them, but I'm gonna :)

happygirl Collaborator

When I could eat all that yummy stuff (I now have other "issues"), I would just modify any 'normal' cheesecake recipes...I was more likely to do that than to follow a "special" gluten free recipe. Sometimes I would get it from Better Homes and Garden Cookbook, sometimes from the Kraft/Philly cream cheese webpage, etc.

Instead of a graham cracker crumb crust, substitute gluten-free cookies, crumbled up (I would use some of Pamela's gluten-free cookies). Or, I think they make gluten-free graham crackers that you could crush. Then, follow normal instructions.

Many (if not most) "insides" of the cheesecake are naturally gluten free. Some call for a small amount of flour--a tablespoon or two....I would just use my flour blend. If it calls for flavoring, make sure you use a safe one (like McCormick's vanilla).

Hope that helps-I really use my "normal" cookbooks more than my "gluten free" cookbooks. It was much easier for me to just modify things that had easy changes.

Hope this helps---enjoy!

Unwell Newbie
I am craving cheese cake and was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for a gluten free cheese cake. thanks.

I have been reading this board for a long time but have never posted because my questions are always answered when I search and I never felt I had anything to contribute. Finally, I have something!!

Here is my Grandfather's Italian Cheese Cake recipe. It has no gluten, and is AWSOME if you like an "authentic" cheese cake.

3 1lbs Ricotta

6 eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tbs vanilla

pinch salt

3 tbs cornstarch

grated orange and lemon

mix ingredients and put into a springform pan

Bake at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour

then at 325 degrees for 1/2 hour or until nice and golden

**leave in the oven to cool then put in fridge

I remember this from when I was little, I actually did not like it until I got older, but now I LOVE it!!! Only make it on special occasions because I will eat the whole thing!! LISA

mamaw Community Regular

This is probably the cheating way out for cheesecake but Kraft just came out with cheesecake filling in the dairy section.... I'm sure it would be like the no bake cheesecake & not the real deal cheesecake. I love the real thing.

mamaw

• 2 weeks later...
LizP Newbie

Lisa - THANK YOU for your Grandfather's Italian Cheese Cake recipe!! My daughter recently celebrated her 12th birthday & decided she wanted cheesecake instead of regular cake. Of her best friends, one is on a gluten free diet and one is allergic to nuts, so I was thrilled to find your recipe which had no crust at all! Luckily no one in her group of friends has any dairy issues :)

We tried it out - but I put the batter into two round cake pans, since I didn't know if the 10 cups I ended up with would fit into one springform pan!! The cheesecakes did shrink down after cooling, so I wonder if I worried for nothing? I also wondered - having never had a ricotta cheesecake before - is there something I should have done to make a creamier texture? It wasn't unpleasant, just different from what I have had before.

Again, thanks for the recipe - I think we've found a new family favorite!

Liz

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Here's a reicpe for a fluffy one that I just got off the cool-whip container--it looks super-simple.

gluten-free Fluffy Cheesecake

1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup sugar

3 cups Cool Whip, thawed

Beat cream cheese and sugar on high til smooth

Gently stir in Cool Whip.

Spoon into crust.

Refrigerate until set (3 hours).

Options:

1) Cover with cherry pie filling.

2) Beat in 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce with cream cheese.

3) Increase sugar to ½ cup and beat in 1 cup canned pumpkin and ½ tsp pumpkin pie

spice with cream cheese.

4) Spoon ½ cream cheese mixture in crust, top with ½ cup caramel sauce and ¼ cup

toasted chopped pecans. Add remaining cream cheese mixture, refrigerate, and add

more nuts and sauce.

Guhlia Rising Star
This is probably the cheating way out for cheesecake but Kraft just came out with cheesecake filling in the dairy section.... I'm sure it would be like the no bake cheesecake & not the real deal cheesecake. I love the real thing.

mamaw

I bought this the day I saw it hit the shelves... It's NOT great. My husband, a cheesecake fanatic, couldn't even choke down one little dish. Perhaps we're just picky, but it didn't live up to our standards in the slightest. We threw the whole thing away. I'm hoping someone else will have an opinion on it. Please don't take this post as a slam, just wanted to offer up my opinion on a product.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

We didnt mind the Philly cheesecake in a tub. It wasnt by far the real thing.. too fluffy and such.. but for a quick sub we didnt mind it. I am not a cheesecake aficionado though. It was good for a quick treat, straight from the tub.. but I wouldnt use it to make a real cheesecake... that is better off from scratch.

Guest ~jules~

Its good to know we can make cheesecake. To be denied cheesecake is just "wrong" if you ask me....

Unwell Newbie
Lisa - THANK YOU for your Grandfather's Italian Cheese Cake recipe!! My daughter recently celebrated her 12th birthday & decided she wanted cheesecake instead of regular cake. Of her best friends, one is on a gluten free diet and one is allergic to nuts, so I was thrilled to find your recipe which had no crust at all! Luckily no one in her group of friends has any dairy issues :)

We tried it out - but I put the batter into two round cake pans, since I didn't know if the 10 cups I ended up with would fit into one springform pan!! The cheesecakes did shrink down after cooling, so I wonder if I worried for nothing? I also wondered - having never had a ricotta cheesecake before - is there something I should have done to make a creamier texture? It wasn't unpleasant, just different from what I have had before.

Again, thanks for the recipe - I think we've found a new family favorite!

Liz

Hi Liz: I am glad that you and your daughter enjoyed it!! I do not think there is a way to make it "creamier" according to my italian family, that is how a "real cheesecake" is supposed to taste. (I like the kind made with cream cheese too, so I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking it!!) I am making it next week to bring to a get together with some friends. It is so nice to be able to enjoy desert with everyone else!!!! I offered to bring it so I knew I would be able to have dessert with my coffee!! LISA

Archived