This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free Dessert Recipes

Anya78

Anya78 Explorer

I'm looking for good dessert recipes that are gluten-free, milk-free and egg-free (or recipes with butter and eggs where I could use dairy-free margarine and egg replacer instead).

We have two celiacs, an egg allergy and dairy allergy in my family and I'm trying to make something that everyone can eat.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator

I have made lots of desserts without gluten, eggs and dairy. It is possible. Here are a few suggestions before I go find my recipe file and give you a few more.

Chocolate chip cookies: use Spectrum Natural shortening instead of butter, gluten-free flour, and flax seed meal/Ener-G egg replacer for eggs.

Apple (or peach or berry) Crisp: use crispy rice cereal or quinoa instead of oats for topping

Apple pie: use gluten-free flour and the Spectrum shortening in the pie crust

Baked apples: use maple syrup, cinnamon and raisins in the apples, bake in the oven or microwave

I'll post again later when I have the chance to copy some real recipes down.

RiceGuy Collaborator

Tapioca pudding is wonderful - add apples or apple sauce, berries, banana, pineapple, coconut, etc. Vanilla and cinnamon go great of course, as does lemon. You can make the pudding with just water, or any nut milk, soy milk, rice milk you prefer. Experiment and see. You could even use Stevia instead of sugar to make it extra-healthy too :)

We're in pumpkin pie season, and Google will help you locate as many recipes as you need. There isn't much to it so meeting the requirements is easy. I don't know of any fruit pie that can't be made GFDFEF.

For margarine, I like Open Original Shared Link. It even comes in a stick, and works in cooking and baking also.

Strawberry shortcake, apple/blackberry/blueberry/raspberry/cherry turnovers, Cherry Pie!!! The list seems endless once I start thinking about it. Peach pie...banana-coconut pie...well, that's it. I gotta make some of these!

guitarplayer4God Explorer

You could do apple crisp. I have a different recipe for it, Its good! My Dad who Isn't gluten free loves this stuff.

Heres the recipe if you want it.

Apple Crisp

8 medium Cortland or other cooking apples

1 cup gluten-free flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup butter or margarine

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Peel, core, and cut the apples into thin slices. Place them in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. In a bowl with a pastry cutter, mix the remaining ingredients until they are well blended and resemble coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples, and bake until apples are tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

I can't have milk because I am allgeric to it so I can't have regular butter so instead I use Fleshmen's light butter. I don't use 8 apples I just use as many as it takes to cover the pan up.

Enjoy!

emcmaster Collaborator

CHOCOLATE SILK PUDDING

6 T. sugar

1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa

6 T. cornstarch

pinch salt

3 c. cashew milk (almond, rice, soy or cow milk would work as well)

6 T. corn syrup (Karo light)

3 egg whites

1 T. vanilla extract

1. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy. Set aside.

2. In the top pot in a double boiler, whisk together the first four ingredients well. Slowly add milk and corn syrup while whisking until well blended. Scrape around the edges and bottom of the pan with a spatula to ensure it is all blended. Set pan over boiling water and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture becomes very thick. Remove from heat.

3. Drop several large spoonfulls of hot pudding into the egg whites to temper them. Add egg whites and vanilla to the pudding and whisk well to combine. Put the top pot back on the boiling water and whisk constantly while heating through for about 2 minutes more.

4. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and pour into containers. Put in the fridge to chill.

-------

This pudding is AMAZING - by far the richest, creamiest, best chocolate pudding I've ever tasted. You could probably even leave out the egg whites... I'm not sure that they really do anything in this recipe since the pudding is already thick before you add them in.

Enjoy!

lonewolf Collaborator

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I realized that most of my cooking/baking is done from recipes in my head or by simply following "regular" recipes and substituting ingredients. I do have a great apple cake recipe that I'll post below. I have a yummy carob brownie recipe too, but my sweet looking puppy got a hold of the recipe card and chewed it up. I'm hoping that I posted it here somewhere so I can get it back. It can be made with cocoa powder and is gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free. It's delicious served with coconut sorbet. If you want that recipe, either do a search for "carob brownies" or ask me again and I'll try to find it.

Apple Cake

1-1/2 C Maple Syrup (use the real stuff)

3/4 C Oil

3 Eggs - Replacer to equal 3 eggs, I use a combo of Ener-G, flax meal and water and plain gelatin, make sure there's enough liquid to replace the 3 eggs for consistency

1/3 C Applesauce

Mix above ingredients and beat for one minute.

2 C gluten-free flour (I use br. rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum)

1-1/2 tsp connamon

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp nutmeg

Stir dry ingredients into wet stuff and beat for one minute. Stir in:

3 C chopped, tart apples

1 C chopped nuts (optional)

Stir until mixed, pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.

Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Can frost or leave plain. Also works for carrot cake - substitute 2 C grated carrots and 1 C crushed, drained pineapple for apples.

Archived