- - - - -

What About White Bread?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_LuvtoLaff06_*

Guest_LuvtoLaff06_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:23 PM

I've read a doctor's report that some can tolerate light white bread and rolls---is that possible for us? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:38 PM

Hi, on the Is This Good Or Bad thread under Misc. there is a link to the old boards...when I visited it today I saw answers to your duplicate post there. The answers in a nut shell said that there is no type of wheat (white or whole) that a Celiac patient can have and someone else said they thought they saw the same thing you saw and it was referring to white rice flour and white buckwheat flour over the whole flours because of the fiber content.

Lisa

#3 coveowner

coveowner

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 11:38 AM

White wheat bread is poison. White rice bread is like a hocky puck. I have found that a mix (usually 4 ) of gluten make a fairly decent white bread. In the freezer section of special foods at Kroger, the pecan bread is pretty good. I love the rye bread (using flavoring, not real rye) in the Baking Bread by BettyHagman. It had a wonderful flavor and was not crumbly.

#4 JsBaby_G

JsBaby_G

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:28 PM

I found a really good corn bread from glutino, but I'm not sure if you guys in the USA can get it. I live in Canada. In response to your question NO amount flour no matter how light it is, is a BIG no no! Trust me I've learned the hard way.
Crystal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: