Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cream Of Chicken Soup

9 posts in this topic

We always used cream a chicken soup in a number of meals. I looked at the grocery store with no luck of finding any that was gulten free. We have a section in one grocery store that has gluten free soups such as tomatoe but not what I was looking for. Does anyone know of any brands (mainstream brands would be helpfull) if there are any. Or maybe a way to make it? Thanks.

Ads by Google:

I've never found one. But I am dairy-free too, so that limits me more. When I need something like cream of chicken soup, I make a gravy with chicken broth and rice flour and use that. It usually works out okay.

health valley makes a gluten free cream of chicken soup. it is not condensed, so i thicken it with cornstarch when i use it.

I have a couple recipes that call for Cream of xx soup. I've been making my own .

3T. butter or oil

3T. flour blend

1 1/4c. chicken broth (or milk if you can)

salt, pepper

Melt butter/oil in saucepan. Stir in flourand seasonings. Cook over medium heat until bubbly. Add liquid slowly, stirring with whisk to get rid of lumps. Cook until thick.

Makes 1 cup or equivalent to 1 can of condensed soup.

When I went gluten-free I thought I would have to throw out all of our favorite recipes that had soup in it. I found this website for gluten-free cream of anything. http://www.gfutah.org/recipes/Condensed%20Cream%20Soup.html

The texture and consistency is as close as I have come to the "real" thing. It is very easy to make (not as easy as opening a can, but those days are over).

Hez

I use Lipton Cup o Soup - Cream of Chicken soup. It is a mix, so you can add milk, water or even soy, rice or almond milk. It has been an amazing addition to my recipes and not to mention so much easier than making my own "cream sauce" whenever I need it. I hope this helps!!

We always used cream a chicken soup in a number of meals. I looked at the grocery store with no luck of finding any that was gulten free. We have a section in one grocery store that has gluten free soups such as tomatoe but not what I was looking for. Does anyone know of any brands (mainstream brands would be helpfull) if there are any. Or maybe a way to make it? Thanks.

Hi Hannah,

I don't know of any canned, but I use Lipton Cup-A-Soup in Cream of Chicken. Lipton's other gluten-free cup-a-soup is cream of tomato.

Sharon

This sounds so good!! But, not being a very good "Improviser", I'd be interested to know how you make your sauce. I tried cooking with it like the canned version and it just went to liquid with no thickening. I'd love to see a couple of recipes you have if you don't mind sharing.

Sue

I use Lipton Cup o Soup - Cream of Chicken soup. It is a mix, so you can add milk, water or even soy, rice or almond milk. It has been an amazing addition to my recipes and not to mention so much easier than making my own "cream sauce" whenever I need it. I hope this helps!!

I found a Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice soup by Progresso that seems to be gluten free. I haven't tried it yet but I read the ingredients and I think it's ok. Not sure you could use it for cooking because of the rice but might not be a bad addition to a recipe.