This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Contamination = Weird Vision?

num1habsfan

num1habsfan Rising Star

I seem to have been contaminated as of Sunday, for Thanksgiving (all I ate was some mashed potatoes, but apparently the butter they used had some major bread crumbs in it!!)

So for the last 2 days, Anything I eat/drink has gone straight through me so of course i'm feeling a little dizziness after 2 days of running on empty...And the brainfog is so horrible I forgot that I started class at 3 today (some reason I thought 4, even tho its always been 3) and forgot I had a quiz (I didnt study, but I still got 8/10 lol)...BUT thats not the only issue...

My vision really seems to be acting up!! I'm not blind or hallucinating or anything, just my vision is very spotty almost? It goes from being VERY fuzzy to back to normal, and they BURN...

Any suggestions for help? OR anyone deal with this too? I've never had this contamination symptom before so its puzzlin me :blink:

~ lisa ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

My vision really seems to be acting up!! I'm not blind or hallucinating or anything, just my vision is very spotty almost? It goes from being VERY fuzzy to back to normal, and they BURN...

Any suggestions for help? OR anyone deal with this too? I've never had this contamination symptom before so its puzzlin me :blink:

~ lisa ~

I have what sounds like that happen to me, my vision will get blurry and then will return to normal and I have tears that burn. I am not thinking this is related to Celiac so I don't know if this helps, I am thinking it is related to Lyme disease in my case.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Well, I get vision problems with glutenings, as well as tearing, burning eyes. So, yes, I'm sure it will get better soon. Amazing that you still did well on your test!

tiffjake Enthusiast

I get blury vision too, and I think it has to do with blood pressure. When I get bad D my blood pressure bottoms out, and then I get up to fast or something, and my vision with go wacky for a minute. The last time (over a year ago) that I had pasta (a month into a gluten-free trial) my intestines shut down, and I passed out. The ER Doc said my intestines had shut down, and my blood pressure had dropped so fast that I couldn't keep concious. I notice it now, when I get glutened, I can feel myself get light headed and my vision go weird on me.....

num1habsfan Rising Star
I get blury vision too, and I think it has to do with blood pressure. When I get bad D my blood pressure bottoms out, and then I get up to fast or something, and my vision with go wacky for a minute. The last time (over a year ago) that I had pasta (a month into a gluten-free trial) my intestines shut down, and I passed out. The ER Doc said my intestines had shut down, and my blood pressure had dropped so fast that I couldn't keep concious. I notice it now, when I get glutened, I can feel myself get light headed and my vision go weird on me.....

Very interesting...I wonder if my 'new' intestine problems are doing that to me also? Because last week I actually based out from feeling so physically weak and in so much pain (and ended up late for class even)

Glad to know tho that the vision issues really IS more than likely just from being glutened and not some other problem

Well, I get vision problems with glutenings, as well as tearing, burning eyes. So, yes, I'm sure it will get better soon. Amazing that you still did well on your test!

Yes, I am suprised I did good on the test too, seeing how I'm like a chapter behind on my reading!! (you know whats its like being glutened--reading/trying to memorize and understand what you read is impossible!!) .. I have a quiz tomorrow on the chapter I havent even looked at yet, tomorrow I'll just browse it because I'm sure if I can pull of 80% without studying for today's, I can do it tomorrow too lol

~ lisa ~

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Yes, I am suprised I did good on the test too, seeing how I'm like a chapter behind on my reading!! (you know whats its like being glutened--reading/trying to memorize and understand what you read is impossible!!) .. I have a quiz tomorrow on the chapter I havent even looked at yet, tomorrow I'll just browse it because I'm sure if I can pull of 80% without studying for today's, I can do it tomorrow too lol

~ lisa ~

Ah but if you did that well glutened why not study and go for a 100%? Sorry that was the teacher in me talking. :) I also get problems with my vision from gluten. I went to an eye doctor before diagnosis and he thought I was doing drugs and told me once I was off them my vision would improve :angry: I haven't had anywhere near the eye problems I had since I went gluten-free. On a side note though make sure the doctor checks your sugar levels, high blood sugar can cause similar problems.

AshleyE Apprentice

I work at an optometrists office and I have learned that your vision can be affected by dry eyes. The drier they are, the more blurry your vision. Also, the burning can be allergies. Mine always feel like they are on fire right at my tear ducts. I use an over the counter allergy drop called Opcon A. It works better than anything else I've tried, including prescription drops. Maybe celiac disease dries out your eyes or something. Anyway, hope this helps.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived