2 replies to this topic

#1 aprilh

aprilh

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:40 PM

Does anyone know what this means? My daughters enterolab test shows 35 units (normal <10).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Kathy Ann_*

Guest_Kathy Ann_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:59 PM

Go to www.enterolab.com and click on FAQ Result Interpretation. That will give you enterolab's full explanation of all the tests.

As I understand it, the antigliadin IgA tells you whether you have 'active' gluten sensitivity going on. Any score under 10 is considered normal/negative. The Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA is another similar reaction that indicates the same thing. Both of them indicate that damage is already being done and enterolab would tell you to go gluten free.

Any score above 10 is considered by them to be positive for active gluten sensitivity. 35 would certainly be considered a 'positive' score. :)

#3 Nikki2003

Nikki2003

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:39 AM

Ttg is definetely celiac. Aty least her lab. I am not sure about entrolab but Ttg is the celiac.
The norm is <20 and hers was 80.

My older daughters had her some where else and the norm there is <4
and hers were 32.?
[color=#CC33CC]Nicole- 3 yrs old Positive Celiac Blood test- 6/21/2006 //// Normal result: <20,,,Nicole-80
Positive Biopsy for Celiac- 7/17/2006
Gluten-Free Since - 7/22/2006

Alivia- 7 years- old Positive Celiac blood test-Aug. 2006////Normal result:<4,,,Alivia-32.
Biopsy showed positive for Celiac Disease and moderate to severe damage (Blood Work for both girls were done in different labs that is why they are different)
Gluten free since:Dec.2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: