Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Incredible Cake!

3 posts in this topic

this was a recipe I had from before, but have altered it to match the gluten-free needs and it is absolutely awesome!!!!!

RED VELVET CAKE

2 1/2 C gluten-free flour mix ( Bob's Red Mill)

1 1/2 C sugar

1 C buttermilk

1 1/2 C Oil

2 eggs

1 t vanilla

1 t cocoa

1 t vinegar

2 ( 1 oz) bottles of red food coloring

1 t baking soda

Mix eggs, sugar, soda, cocoa, vinegar, and beat well. Add oil and flour alternatley until all has been added. Blend in buttermilk, add vanilla, and food coloroing. Pour into 2 round greased cake pans. Bake at 350 for 35 min.

Let cool. Place one of the cakes on a serving platter. Top with icing ( below) then add the second cake to make a 2nd layer. Top with icing.

ICING:

1 16 oz box of powdered sugar

1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese

1 C nuts ( optional)

1 stick of butter or oleo

1 t vanilla

Soften cream cheese and butter, add sugar, vanilla, nuts and mix. Spread over layered cake.

YOU WILL DIE, THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY GOOD.!!! :lol:

Ads by Google:
If your on a diet DON'T LOOK

But aren't all of us here on a diet? =P

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Looks interesting, but I'd have to figure out how to make it dairy free, and happy with cooking simply stuff so far.

Sure the cooks here will be thankful! =)

sounds yummy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• glutened by lays potato chips?
      I ate some baked lays last night and felt very sick all night and haven't been feeling great all day today. Other than that I didn't eat anything different from what I normally eat and there was no risk of cross contamination with anything.. These were the only thing I had that was different. They're labeled gluten free so I figured it would be okay, but I started feeling sick pretty soon after eating them. I'm not sure if it's another ingredient in them or what (and i know it's not the soy).. Has anyone else had a reaction to lays potato chips?
    • Symptoms In Toddlers?
      Welcome Ashley! Here are the current tests.  The DGP versions seem to work a bit better than the TTG in small children.  So, ask for the complete panel (and get it all in one stick....my 15 year still hates to get blood drawn ! http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/ Your doctors are wrong!  They must be reading old medical text books.  Not all kids or people have failure to thrive!  You can even be symptom free!. I was anemic and had no intestinal issues when I was diagnosed.  celiac disease affects everyone differently and that's probably why so many folks are not diagnosed. Your kids (parents, siblings too) should be tested every few years (sooner if symptoms develop) per all the leading celiac researchers/doctors if a first-degree relative has celiac disease (like you!)  celiac disease can develop at any age! Hope this helps!   
    • amalgam dental fillings - remove or not?
      Do you have celiac disease?  This is a celiac forum and that's what we are most knowledgeable about. http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/ Amalgam fillings do not have lead that I know.  What you read was probably mercury.  You could have them removed, but only by a dentist who has the knowledge and skill.   I think you need to do some more research so that you can make an informed decision. I wish you well. 
    • Newly diagnosed and totally overwhelmed
      Welcome! Go ahead and rant!  Scream and holler!  Weep.  It is totally normal to go through a grieving process.  We have all been there!  You are NOT alone! When you pick yourself off the floor, start researching.  Learn about the gluten free diet.  Start with easy-to-digest foods that are naturally gluten free (meat, fish, veggies, fruit, etc.).  You may have to give up dairy for a short time until your villi heal (the villi tips release enzymes that help digest lactose (milk sugars).  Skip all the processed foods until you are improving.  That will give yourself time to forget what bread really tastes like.  Avoid eating out for a few months -- it's easy to get cross contamination.  Best to explain your gluten-free needs when you, yourself, "get it".  Read our Newbie 101 thread under "Coping" for valuable tips.   You can go out and drink with your friends.  You might have to avoid alcohol for a few months.  But when healed you can drink!  Just no beers, malted beverages.  Most distilled liquor (e.g. volka) is gluten free.   So, is wine.  Skip the gluten free beer for a long time.   Find other celiacs in your area.  In the meantime, visit with us.  It does get better.        
    • amalgam dental fillings - remove or not?
      Hi everyone, I'm going through some health issues right now and when searching for possible causes of my symptoms and blood test results, I see lead poissoning popping up quite a few times. Now, I have many amalgam fillings in my mouth since childhood, so naturally I'm thinking if that might play a role and if removing them would make a difference. But from what I read online removing the amalgam fillings is not recommended and does not bring any health benefits. I have mixed feelings about this issue and would really appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance for any comments. Greetings from Mexico. :-)
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Acomys