• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

tagger

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:21 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed symptoms other than gastro after ingesting gluten (usually by mistake, sometimes just from frustration). I notice that other than the bloating and constipation I also sometimes experience headaches and mood swings. After reading about all the celiacs worrying about losing too much weight I'm confounded. I've gained over 15 lbs in a year. I feel like I'm going to explode! If I ingest gluten I usually get very constipated and bloated and then maybe a few days later the diarrhea hits. But back to the topic, I also have found that I can get very headachy and irritable, usually the next day. Has anyone else noticed this?...tagger

Celiac.com Sponsor:

seeking_wholeness

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:33 PM

I remember a thread about this very topic. It would be an interesting read, I'm sure; it had collected a number of replies last time I looked! I hope this helps.
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

nonnarae

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

I have gotten severe migraines since I was a teenager. We could never figure out what caused them. They would last days at a time. Now that is one of the things that happens when I have been glutened. I think those were my first signs of celiacs. Just my opinion.

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

The stomach pain is often the symptom that resolves fastest.  I to get fatigued, cranky, achy, migraines, constipated, bloated, and I swear my IQ drops, but that could be the fatigue.  I even lose hair.   :rolleyes:

There are over 300 symptoms of celiac disease... It's amazing how the symptoms can manifest!

http://www.curecelia...SymptomList.pdf

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Hoos

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 01:10 PM

Yes.  So many symptoms beside the gastro.

My immediate symptoms are brain fog and a "heaviness" in my legs.  And those occur within a few hours.

After that, it's water retention/bloating, constipation, fatigue, no sex drive, mild aches in my joints, and irritability.  If the glutening was bad, all of that can get bad but the fatigue in particular will be bad.  Depending on the severity, symptoms last from 3-7 days.

While it's all unpleasant, the fatigue seems the worst part of it.  I hate that feeling.

beth01

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

Some celiacs can't gain weight if they tried, some of them have pretty damaged stomachs that take sometimes years to heal.  I was diagnosed over a year ago and have lost 40 pounds since, can't keep weight on to save my soul.  I don't get a lot of stomach issues when I'm glutened, it's all mostly neurological for me, headaches, brain fog, moodiness/anxiety, muscle/joint aches and pains, nerve pain.

Diagnosed April 7th 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: