4 replies to this topic

#1 Alexolua

Alexolua

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:32 PM

Didn't see this mentioned on the boards, so thought I'd share with everyone! Try to give back to the community. ;)

At the Health food store here, in their freezer section, found Wellshire Kids' Gluten Free Chicken Bites Dinosaur Shaped. Looked nifty, so I got it.. tried it tonight, and yum! Didn't seem any different than any non-gluten-free item like this I've had in the past. The breading is a little spicey, but not too bad.. and I'm a wuss when it comes to hot food.

So just thought I'd let everyone know about it. =)

Of course, I realize now.. that in my excitement of finding a product like this that's gluten-free, I totally forgot about whether it's dairy free too, lol.. oops, I'll know tomorrow if I made a boo boo.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, they are really good, but I have alway sfound that they get undrcooked
Molly

#3 Alexolua

Alexolua

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:43 PM

Oh, I didn't have that problem. I just cooked them a little longer like it said to do, if they were frozer. Then I cut one in half, to make sure it was cooked, and it was.. and didn't notice any undercooking for any of them.

Perhaps you could try that? =)

#4 savvvyseller

savvvyseller

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:13 AM

My son really likes these - unfortunately, I understand that the company stopped distributing them (hopefully, just temporarily) because the factory that made them closed. Both Whole Foods and Wegmans (which ran out of them) confirmed this. My wife called Wellshire Farms, which told her that they will hopefully start distribution again by the end of August.

#5 Alexolua

Alexolua

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:11 AM

Really? Darn, I should run out and buy up any others I can find! LOL

The health food store I got them at, did have a lot it looked like, and that was on Thursday. Think the Wegmans near here (well one of them, lol), had them too.. least a few weeks back. Should check, thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: