#1 mindypal

mindypal

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:53 AM

Hi everyone,

I am still a complete newbie to this stuff. I just received a negative biopsy but positive test from Enterolab and have been gluten free for a little over a week now. I was lucky and seemed to be responding pretty quickly and was feeling a little better everyday and was feeling very encouraged. Then on Friday at a friends I was so focused on avoiding the pizza they were eating that I ate a bunch of popcorn. A chiropractor that does NAET muscle tested me some weeks ago and said I was very allergic to corn. Wasn't sure whether to believe it or not since it's not "scientific", but I must admit I think she's right. A week ago I ate some corn chips and my stomach immediately did somersaults so then avoided it for a while and my body has not been happy w/me since Friday. I couldn't sleep that night hardly and when I did wake up I had a dry swollen sore throat, a runny nose and felt my mental state foggy and depressed again. First I thought maybe I was getting a cold, but now thinking it was the corn. Am I imagining this, or can a corn allergy really bring those symptoms on and that quickly? Anyone else have a problem w/corn and what kind of symptoms do you get from it. I'm going to continue the NAET in the hopes of eventually getting to eat it again, so we'll see. Any experiences would be appreciated! This whole food allergy thing is still a little weird for me to comprehend.

Thanks!
Mindy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishKelly

IrishKelly

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:38 PM

Hi everyone,

I am still a complete newbie to this stuff. I just received a negative biopsy but positive test from Enterolab and have been gluten free for a little over a week now. I was lucky and seemed to be responding pretty quickly and was feeling a little better everyday and was feeling very encouraged. Then on Friday at a friends I was so focused on avoiding the pizza they were eating that I ate a bunch of popcorn. A chiropractor that does NAET muscle tested me some weeks ago and said I was very allergic to corn. Wasn't sure whether to believe it or not since it's not "scientific", but I must admit I think she's right. A week ago I ate some corn chips and my stomach immediately did somersaults so then avoided it for a while and my body has not been happy w/me since Friday. I couldn't sleep that night hardly and when I did wake up I had a dry swollen sore throat, a runny nose and felt my mental state foggy and depressed again. First I thought maybe I was getting a cold, but now thinking it was the corn. Am I imagining this, or can a corn allergy really bring those symptoms on and that quickly? Anyone else have a problem w/corn and what kind of symptoms do you get from it. I'm going to continue the NAET in the hopes of eventually getting to eat it again, so we'll see. Any experiences would be appreciated! This whole food allergy thing is still a little weird for me to comprehend.

Thanks!
Mindy

You should try doing a search about corn on this site...many many people are also corn free around here...hope this helps ;)
Gluten Free...negative blood results...absolutely positive diet results.
Dairy Free...absolutely positive diet results.
Egg Free...there goes another one...absolutely positive diet results.
Allergic to Codeine.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which ones may have gluten in them:)"

#3 lindalee

lindalee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:52 AM

I have been watching the effects of corn also. Have been sneaking some in lately and it has to go. Popcorn especially messes me up and fritos (both snacks I used to eat)..

Could you explain the NAET?

I have also noticed my sleep isn't as long after I have had corn. B)
Lee

#4 Simply_V

Simply_V

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Mindy

There are quite a few Celiacs/gluten intolerant that are allergic to corn. Fortunately I just have a corn allergy.

Symptoms with corn allergy can vary from person to person. Indigestion is a common one as well as hives, bloating, swelling, angioedema, itchy, rashes, loss of coordination, brain fog, confusion, disorientation, dizziness, headaches, migraines.

Some people have had good results with NAET and some haven't. I do wish you luck with it.

If you need some more information about corn allergy, go to the link at the bottom of my signature. That site has links to reliable sources.
V
Severe airborne allergies since childhood. Was on constant antihisamines with behavior issues. Digestion issues started noticably around 1985.
1992 IBS diagnosis.
2004 Corn allergy - through diet discovery.
2005 RAST negative to all food allergies. High cholesterol diagnosed as PCOS.
2006 Immunolabs ELISA and IgE assay:
IgE to Corn, Milk, Eggs, & White Bean.
IgG to peppers, blk/wt pepper, beans, almonds, yeasts.
Neg. to Celiac, gluten, etc. High IgA level.
2008 No longer considered as having PCOS, or associated risks.

Currently avoiding corn, eggs, cow & goat milk, all beans (cept some soy derivatives & peanut oil), cruciferous veggies, onions/garlic, carrots/celery, anything bilberry/cranberry/blueberry, peppers, and anything remotely corn derived, corntaminated.

Currently off all allergy medications for airborne allergies and breathing fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: