4 replies to this topic

#1 AmyandSabastian

AmyandSabastian

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:45 AM

Well my son has been gluten-free for 3 months. My husband and I are getting tested through Enterlab as soon as we can afford the test. We decided to go gluten-free also so the house would be 100% safe for our son. We its been 6 days and all is going well. We both feel a good bit better. Well my sister works at Domino's pizza (hell right? lol) and brought us home a pizza. HOW SWEET. Well we both caved. We devoured it. lol Within 30 minutes we both ran to the bathroom. We BOTH had diareaha all day long. My stomach is still cramping and hurting and my husband has been complaining of gas this morning too. Should we take this as a sign? I am 25 and I have RA and also IBS since I was 4. I have been on Levsin controling my stomach issues since I was in kindergarden. We suspect I do have it but werent saying until we got tested, what do you think? And now my husband is going through the same pain and bathroom issues as I. I dont know what to think other than to stay away from Dominos and all gluten. Shame on us.

PS we do know you have to be on gluten for the tests, but it might take us a little while to save for the stool test because we are buying our first home right now. YAY. Thank you in advance for all your help.
Amy (25) and Bryan (26)....Gluten Free Aug 1 2004
Sabastian (8 months).... Gluten free May 17 2004

Lafayette, La (The Cajun HeartLand)

It's Just Food!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:52 AM

I would defenitly take that as a sign, also if your whole house is gluten-free then why would you need to get the tests, I think that accident is totaly a test in itself! YOu probably do have it

P.S. how did you get the slide show for your avatar???? I would love that!
Molly

#3 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:03 AM

I love your slideshow avatar! Cute pics....I've seen this kind of thing using some program, but can you do that with standard programs on a comp.? :D

I don't think you have to be on gluten for enterolab tests.....as long as it hasn't been years w/o gluten...so it might make sense to have your pizza before the test, but you don't need a full-out gluten rampage....and Molly is right, this is already a good test. I think it is a sign.....you've been off gluten for a little while now, so your intestines are healing and your intestines are getting more sensitive to gluten.

-celiac3270

#4 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:50 PM

Hi Amy, love the pics too :D

I would say the results of the pizza test are a BIG positive!!!!! I think Dr. Fine says you can be gluten-free for up to 6 months for his testing. My daughter was gluten-free for one month before I had her tested.

#5 AmyandSabastian

AmyandSabastian

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:34 PM

Thank you so much. The avatar was easy to make. You have to resize the images and then enter them into an animation program. I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 which comes with Animation Shop. You can download it for a "free" trial from there website, just do a search. I downloaded the whole program off www.limewire.com :) NEVER PAY FOR SOFTWARE!! hehhehe I am a share ware type of girl.
Amy (25) and Bryan (26)....Gluten Free Aug 1 2004
Sabastian (8 months).... Gluten free May 17 2004

Lafayette, La (The Cajun HeartLand)

It's Just Food!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: