4 replies to this topic

#1 Niteyx13

Niteyx13

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:31 PM

Hi all...I have seen an ad for some new stuff Wendy's is making for Atkin's diet. They actually look pretty good. But, I went on their web site and could find nothing about the new stuff. Does anyone happen to know if they are safe? I am probably asking this pre-maturely since it is so new that it is not on their site, but I thought I would see if anyone here had heard anything yet. Thanks!

Deanna

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Alexolua

Alexolua

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:11 PM

Considering that other fast food places that have come out with Atkin things, that weren't gluten free, I'd highly doubt Wendy's would be. And I'd think the chance of contamination would be pretty good too, since they don't need to keep the products gluten free, if they happen to be.

Would really be nice though.

#3 randbrod14

randbrod14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 02:12 AM

I don't know about the Adkin's foods. But Wendy's does list gluten free items on their website. I usually have the taco salad with out sour cream or salsa.

#4 Niteyx13

Niteyx13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:17 AM

There was nothing about their new food period, not just whether it was gluten-free or not. Which I think it kinda weird, it is not very hard to add to a web site...at least I don't think it is.

#5 Alexolua

Alexolua

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:07 AM

Are they currently selling it? If not, maybe they'll get it up when they are selling it.

Though, I figure the people handling the atkin's friendly foods, will also be handling the other foods, like buns, so cross contanimation would be a good chance.

Best to call them up to find out, and if they happen to be gluten-free, find out at the location you want to get the food at, what they do when preparing it. Better safe than sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: