1 reply to this topic

#1 Felidae

Felidae

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:13 AM

Okay, so I've been gluten-free for awhile (June 2005) and cf since Oct. 2005. I decided this June to try eating cheese because I love it. I felt great from June to Aug. Then as each day went by my stools got softer and softer and my hair started falling out again. So, I guess I have to accept the fact that I am indeed casein intolerant. If only my bm's would be solid again and my hair would stop falling out, I'd be back to where I was back in May of this year. It's just not fair that on top of gluten we have to have other food intolerances.

I needed to edit this because I'm not sure that it is the dairy. I stopped eating dairy and was still eating Kinnikinnick bread, etc. and still having bm problems. So, I stopped Kinnikinnick products too and have reintroduced dairy and I have not had any problems. Maybe it was tapioca that was causing me grief. I know that others on this site have had problems with tapioca.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:38 AM

Casein-free is tough. In some ways it's tougher for me than gluten-free. I miss triple organic lattes!!
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: