Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cocktail Sauces

8 posts in this topic

hEINTZ CAN'T SAY THAT THEIRS IS gluten-free AND ONE HAVE A BRAND THAT'S gluten-free?

Ads by Google:

Last time I checked McCormick theirs was. McCormick will clearly list any gluten so all you have to do is read the ingredients. Also Crosse and Blackwell (once again you can just read the ingredients to double check).

richard

Best cocktail sauce there is: homemade.

ketchup (Heinz is gluten-free)

worchestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins)

lemon juice

horseradish - as much as you can stand! :D

Adjust quantities to taste. yummy.

Celeste

appeciate the comment, but all the horseradish said artifical and natural flavors

So I couldn't be safe with making my own either. Which Horseradish is gluten-free?

I know that Gold's horseradish is gluten-free. Also, Kraft will clearly list any gluten in the ingredients and last time I checked their's was gluten-free.

richard

J. M. Smucker LLC

Consumer Relations Division

P. O. Box 345

Ripon, WI 54971-0345

Dear Ms. Freeman:

Thank you for your recent message regarding our Crosse & Blackwell Seafood

Cocktail Sauce. Yes, this product is gluten-free.

Best Regards,

Gail Hunt

Consumer Relations

920-745-6119

my mom called heinz the other day and they said their cocktail sauce was gluten free. they have an allergen listed on it, soy. when did you get your info that it isn't gluten-free?!

Here's what Heinz says on their website.

Where can I find gluten-free products?

Heinz Ketchup does not contain any gluten (the distilled vinegar used is from corn sources). Also, Wine Vinegar, Distilled White Vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar are gluten-free. Please note that Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar is not gluten-free.

Heinz Hot & Spicy Ketchup Kick'rs is gluten-free as well. As for our other Heinz products, we are not able to guarantee that all ingredients would be gluten-free, since the source of an ingredient may change from time to time. We understand how difficult it can be finding foods that meet the requirements of a restricted diet, and we continue to look for ways to meet the dietary needs of our consumers.

richard

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• How effective is HD skin biopsy after being gluten free for a year
      DH is celiac disease that appears on the skin (gluten triggered).  It does not appear when you are consuming dairy, which sounds like a separate issue for you.   A DH biopsy requires active lesions (new/fresh) from consuming gluten.  So, if you want to be tested via a skin biopsy you must go back on gluten.  Finding a dermatologist who knows exactly how to biopsy for DH is often difficult.  Be sure your Derm is knowledable and has biopsied for DH before. Why no endoscopy for now?  I bet your GI  knows that your insurance will deny the endoscopy.  After all, you tested negative to the blood panel.  Your GI should not even ordered the blood panel knowing that you had been gluten free for months.  You have to be consuming gluten daily for 8 to 12 weeks for the blood test to be accurate.   Did you ever test positive?  Why did your primary diagnose you?  Having the gene just means you can develop celiac disease.  Some 30% of the population carries the genes.  The gene test should only be used to help rule out celiac disease.  
      No one can say exactly how long you might be able to get a positive dh biopsy after having been gluten free as long as you have been. The Chicago Celiac Disease Center says this: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/im-scheduled-to-have-a-skin-biopsy-to-screen-for-celiac-disease-should-i-maintain-a-gluten-containing-diet-similar-to-those-who-are-being-screened-via-blood-or-intestinal-biopsy/ http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/what-is-a-gluten-challenge/ You said you had a flare of the plaque psoriasis -- that is NOT dh so why do you think the dh biopsy will show positive? Testing positive for the celiac genes does not mean you have celiac disease. 30+% of the population have the celiac genes but only very, very small fraction of those people do or will present with celiac disease. The gene tests are only used to rule OUT celiac NOT to diagnose it. Frankly, I can understand why your GI does not put any stock in your Primary doc's thinking you have celiac disease. A positive celiac gene and the boils in your armpits which the GI never saw and were never biopsied for dh but they resolved on a gluten free diet and so did your plaque psoriasis. That's all the GI has to go on. I don't know why you are pushing an endoscopy. If you've been eating strictly gluten free then an endoscopic biopsy for celiac will be negative.  Your PCP should have done a celiac blood panel on you back when you were still eating gluten rather than dx you based on the celiac gene you tested positive for.
      I've been gluten free for a year now and my gastro wants to wait for the endocopy until I'm eligible for the colonoscopy when I turn 50 later this year. I don't think she believes I have celiac, even though I tested positive for one of the genes associated with celiac and my primary has diagnosed me as having celiac. The gluten sensitivity blood tests came back negative, of course, since I was gluten free for 9 months at that time. Why is she waiting? At any rate, My digestive system has improved greatly, but when I reintroduced non fat Greek yogurt in my diet, the plaques psoriasis returned on my elbows. My primary believes it is dermatitis herpetiformis (as well as I, since before going gluten free, I used to get boils in my armpits) and I'm scheduled for a skin biopsy in 3 weeks. However, I eliminated dairy from my diet 4 weeks ago and the plaques psoriasis is healing like it did when I eliminated gluten from my diet a year ago. If the scar is reduced to eczema, does that mean there still are IGA deposits in my skin? I don't want to resume dairy since I experienced a cross reaction to the casein in cheese and found lactose was on that same list. So my question is, how long do the granular IGA deposits remain in the skin in order to have a valid skin biopsy test performed for dermatitis herpetiformis? Since it takes 1-2 years for dermatitis herpetiformis to heal on a gluten free diet and I just had a recent flare up, can I continue on my dairy free diet or should I resume eating non fat Greek yogurt for the next 3 weeks just for this skin biopsy?
    • Celiac Night Vision
      Thanks Cristiana. It was Mistyx7 and night driving. Migraine type is very personal but does not appear to be closely connected to celiac or my peculiar scotomas. If you think going gluten-free has improved it that deserves a separate topic!
    • Burning Sensation
      The last post was from 2011.   if you can eat a regular pizza crust with no issue, then gluten isn't your problem.  You might want to look for something else.  The amount of gluten in a beer or fryer cc is very very small compared to eating a pizza crust.   I am assuming you do not have Celiac disease.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SueJ