This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

When Did You Start To Show?

odcdinah

odcdinah Contributor

I'm in the 9th week of my first pregnancy (at age 39!). It seems like my clothes should fit tighter by now, or something??? When did you all start to bulge out a bit? Maybe it's still too early?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hannahsue01 Enthusiast

I would say that 9 weeks may be a bit early to show. I went in with my last pregnancy at 8 weeks and was not showing yet. I would say I noticbly showed more around 5 months but my pants started getting tighter around 3 months or so. Everybody is different.

Michi8 Contributor

I didn't start to show with my first pregnancy until between 3-4 months. I showed earlier with my next pregnancies, partly because I started at a lower weight than with the first, and just because you tend to show a little earlier with subsequent pregnancies.

It's hard to wait to show at the beginning, because you want to be able to wear the preg. clothes and for the world to know. Then, by the end, you get sick and tired of having to wear those clothes, and just want to have that baby in your arms!

Pregnancy is such an amazing time...Enjoy! :)

Michelle

Guest ~jules~
:D For me it was also between 3-4 months. You should have what I call the "lump" though.
IrishKelly Contributor
I'm in the 9th week of my first pregnancy (at age 39!). It seems like my clothes should fit tighter by now, or something??? When did you all start to bulge out a bit? Maybe it's still too early?

Closer to four months...it takes awhile ;)

chrissy Collaborator

my first and second pregnancy it was probably around 5---5 1/2 months before i showed. with later children, i was putting on maternity clothes at 1 month.

Ursa Major Collaborator

With my first child at about 5 months, with subsequent children around 3 months.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

With my first, it was well during the fourth month. The second, by the third month.

GFBetsy Rookie

Ditto! :lol::lol:

Guest cassidy

I'm not exactly sure of the definition of "showing." I'm 12 weeks now and none of my pre-pregnancy pants/skirts fit. I have been wearing maternity skirts/shorts with my normal shirts and that works. I couldn't button my pants at 6 weeks. Around 10 weeks people who knew me started asking if I was pregnant. Strangers don't seem to be able to tell unless I tell them and then they can see. I was a size 0 before getting pregnant so I'm guessing that there was not much room for me to grow without it being obvious. Like most of this pregnancy stuff I think everyone is different and it just depends on your body.

AndreaB Contributor

I started showing around 5 months with my first and by the time of the third, more like 2-3 months.

Melzo Rookie

I didn't start to show until about 5-1/2 months. It wasn't until I was 8-1/2 months that people started to really notice that I was pregnant and ask me when I was due. I am now 40 weeks pregnant and ready to toss these maternity clothes!! I remember when I was a couple of months pregnant and just wanted to show off my "news."

Good luck with your pregnancy! I wish you the very best!!

• 5 weeks later...
CaliGirl Newbie

I'm at 23 weeks right now, and I just lost the view of my feet! It took a while, though. I was wearing an old pair of pre-maternity jeans just two weeks ago, but those days have passed. The first time a stranger asked if I was pregnant, I was at 19 weeks.

This is my first, and because of people's comments, I was worried because I wasn't showing for such a long time. My doctor told me, basically, that people are rude and not to worry! From what I hear, every pregnancy is different.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

With my first I couldn't wear any of my regular pants by 10 weeks and with my second I knew I was pregnant before I missed my period because I couldn't zip my pants up. I am all leg, and very little torso so my fellas had nowhere to go but "out". People couldn't look at me and tell I was pregnant until about 4 months though. All the way through both pregnancys no one looking at me from the back could tell I was pregnant but the front and side views - big!

I can't believe I almost forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!

azmom3 Contributor

First of all, congratulations!

Everyone is so different as you can already see from all the posts. I started showing at about 14 weeks with my first two and not until about 24 weeks with my 3rd. My sister was showing enough for strangers to comment on her third at about 10 weeks. Our bodies are all different and each pregnancy is different, but eventually we all "pop" out at some point. Good luck!

Nic Collaborator

With both my pregnancies I did not show util I was well into the 4th month (maybe closer to 5 months). I did get a little thicker before that but I was wearing my regular clothes until that point. With my second son I know for sure that I was almost 5 months because one day I woke up and looked pregnant. I went to work in a maternity outfit that day and one of the men I work with (my vice principal at the time) said he did not know I was pregnant and how far along I was. I was already 5 months (don't know how he missed the news). Everyone is different, it doesn't matter what size you are to begin with. I am fairly thin and it took that long for me.

Nicole

• 3 weeks later...
aorona Rookie

My 1st one i didn't show until I was 5 1/2 months. 2nd one I started to show at 2 1/2 months. 3rd I started to show at 5 weeks. I think it all depends on how fit you are pre-pregnancy.

• 2 weeks later...
stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

I know, I'm a little late. You probably have your new family addition by now. Anyways, congrats from me, too.

I think it all depends on how fit you are pre-pregnancy.

Not with me. I was super top fit and then went to a World Championship in Spain 4th of November. Then right after that about 1.5 weeks to Germany, where I was visiting my relatives and trained for a belt test. I was in Europe for almost 3 weeks. So naturally, the day I came back, November 22nd, my husband and I had a very special romantic evening. This romantic evening apparently was the big hit :lol: . Today, actually this morning, I found out, surprise, surprise, I'm pregnant. I was "overdue" for about one month and I looked kinda pregnant, like in my pre-gluten days so to speak :P . First I thought I ate some gluten, because I was blown up and I thought, maybe that's why my period doesn't come, but then I started getting suspicious. So first I did a normal test at home, which showed positive. However that "positive" only showed the vertical part of the positive sign and not the horizontal part. So I thought, something might be wrong, because I had already experienced pain for a few days before that. Then first I called our family doctor,... they did bloodwork. And then I went to my gyn to make an appointment. Before they could give me that appointment he ran another test, which was positive, too. I look like I'm getting twins and my 4th week isn't even over yet. Well, in two days :blink: .

From what I read so far, this is not normal and I start to ask myself, if I could have been pregnant before the World Championships already... in that case it would be my 3rd month or so. But I still had my period, how can this be? However my mother said, with my sister she still had her period up into the 2nd month. Is this normal???

Stef

• 2 weeks later...
vampella Contributor

I was already sportting a bump when I found out with dd#1 they were sure I was haivng twins and even after many ultrasounds said I "we should have seen baby # 2 by now" so I wan't having twins(I had many complications and weekly ultrasounds the last6 months, no second baby ever showed. just a huge baby. 10 1/2 lbs.

Archived