This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mouse, Candiankaren, Mtndog I Need Your Help

theprincess

theprincess Newbie

Thanks Judy for the TB info.

I don't know what my mom shared with you guys but I have latent (thank goodness) tuberculosis. It is most likely that I caught it from volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Remember that whole karma thing...where is that!?

BTW: When my mom used to tell me about her friends on the celiac board I thought "man, she used to tell me to stay off chat rooms and NEVER give personal info out. This is sooo different" but now that I've "met" everyone I see how loving and caring you all are. I totally get why she comes here for support. She is a wonderful woman who, unfortunately, has a family that isn't always supportive of her needs (I admit, myself included). Anyway, thanks for being so loving to me and more importantly, to my Mommy.

Ashley

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hi Ashley!

Your Mom is a beautiful person, inside and out. I am proud to call her one of my best friends, and I have never even met her! LOL! Your Mom has been there for me when I needed it and she truly has a heart of gold.

You Mom has also helped ALOT of people immensely with her knowledge and her PT background. She has improved the lives of many people on here by giving excellent advice and suggestions. She's one smart cookie! (gluten-free, of course!)

Hugs!

Karen

IrishLisa Newbie

Hi Ashley!

Welcome to the board.

Your last post is of particular interest to me, because I'm in a very similar situation myself. I've just had the coeliac panel blood tests done and go back mid Nov for the results and to schedule the appointment for my biopsy.

The most interesting thing is that I was also treated for latent TB in the past. As I was only 11 years old when this diagnosis was made, I really have no idea where or who i contracted it from. I do remeber that my little brother was also tested at the time and his skin prick test was negative. I was the only lucky one..... :unsure:

Good luck with everything

Lisa

theprincess Newbie
Your last post is of particular interest to me, because I'm in a very similar situation myself. I've just had the coeliac panel blood tests done and go back mid Nov for the results and to schedule the appointment for my biopsy.

My doc scheduled my biopsy the same day and I had the test the next week. I'm sorry that they are making you wait. I wouldn't want it dragging out!!

The most interesting thing is that I was also treated for latent TB in the past. As I was only 11 years old when this diagnosis was made, I really have no idea where or who i contracted it from. I do remeber that my little brother was also tested at the time and his skin prick test was negative. I was the only lucky one..... :unsure:

How lucky indeed. BLECK! I'll let you know if I find out anything good. Have they made you take the INH again after being treated as a child??

IrishLisa Newbie

Hi Ashley,

Unfortunately, I'm living in Spain at the moment and suffice to say that things take a little longer here....

Although it's a pain having to wait such a long time, it was my doc that suggested that I be tested - so the flip side is that at least the docs here seem open to the idea that I might have coeliac disease or at least some form of gluten intolerance.

I was prescribed INH for 12 months after the positive skin prick test, few check ups during that 12 month period, was given an a clean bill of health and my gp never mentioned it again. As I understand it, if you take the meds for the suggested period of time, usually 6-12 months, then there is no need for further treatment. At least I hope that's the case anyway!

Lisa

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi Ashley

So glad you've found friends here.

We love your Mom and can't wait till she's back on line.

give her a hug for me

Love

Judy

Rusla Enthusiast

Ashley,

Your mom is a great person, her and I talk often and she is a wonderful friend. Like Karen, her and I have never met as I also live in Canada, but hopefully some day we will.

Now, I have come upon something that may have correlation to your TB case. My grandmother on my mother's side died from TB when my mother was 4 years old. My mothers sister, had no enamel on her teeth to the point you could see through them. She had them all pulled out she. She also told me she has always had problems with wheat and flours, like me, she would be spending lots of time in the bathroom

.My mother is headed for a colonoscopy soon so we will find out whether she has it or not. So far my younger brother's biopsy's came back negative.

So hopefully yours will come back negative.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived