Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Dekuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps- Is This Gluten Free?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 breann6

breann6

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

fav drink is appletini made with Vodka and DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps anyone know if the Sour Apple Schnapps is gluten free or not?

Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Corkdarrr

Corkdarrr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:06 AM

fav drink is appletini made with Vodka and DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps anyone know if the Sour Apple Schnapps is gluten free or not?

Thanks!!

I found this on a past thread here dated July of 05:

DeKuyper
Our cordials are made with distilled spirits that are primarily made from a corn base. They may also from time to time, contain small amounts of small grains such as wheat or rye. It is known that Gluten can be found in the small grains such as rye, barley, oats, etc. However, it is generally accepted that the process of distillation excludes gluten in the finished product.

I checked their website and sent them an email as well. I'm a bartender, so it's of great interest to me which liquors I should and should not be drinking. Since going gluten-free I've continued drinking their peach, buttershots and peppermint schnapps via shots with no blatant gluten symptoms. Of course, I'm not sure how much that means. I'll let you know!

Courtney
Courtney - 25
Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006
Casein-free since October 16, 2006
Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.
Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006
Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993
Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06
Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

#3 elonwy

elonwy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:33 PM

I have had no issues with Dekyuper, and I have a reaction to grain based vodka (allergy reaction, not gluten), so I would say yes, its ok. I love my sour apple Martinis.
Elonwy
Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05
Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05
gluten-free since 7/23/05
Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: