Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dekuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps- Is This Gluten Free?

3 posts in this topic

fav drink is appletini made with Vodka and DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps anyone know if the Sour Apple Schnapps is gluten free or not?

Thanks!!

Ads by Google:
fav drink is appletini made with Vodka and DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps anyone know if the Sour Apple Schnapps is gluten free or not?

Thanks!!

I found this on a past thread here dated July of 05:

DeKuyper

Our cordials are made with distilled spirits that are primarily made from a corn base. They may also from time to time, contain small amounts of small grains such as wheat or rye. It is known that Gluten can be found in the small grains such as rye, barley, oats, etc. However, it is generally accepted that the process of distillation excludes gluten in the finished product.

I checked their website and sent them an email as well. I'm a bartender, so it's of great interest to me which liquors I should and should not be drinking. Since going gluten-free I've continued drinking their peach, buttershots and peppermint schnapps via shots with no blatant gluten symptoms. Of course, I'm not sure how much that means. I'll let you know!

Courtney

I have had no issues with Dekyuper, and I have a reaction to grain based vodka (allergy reaction, not gluten), so I would say yes, its ok. I love my sour apple Martinis.

Elonwy