This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gold Stars

happygirl

happygirl Collaborator

So, this is kind of in conjunction with Lisa's thread in "coping" about reminding us experienced Celiacs to keep answering the newbies' questions.

Well, I think we should do something on here to recognize the "old" celiacs on this board who have been so wonderful and helpful. I know we are all on here to help, but I think it is important to recognize those who have done SO much. Or, it might just have been one post that changed someone's life. So, please, post here ... may it be one person or a list of twenty people. But just as important as it is for us to keep encouraging newbies, sometimes WE need to be reminded that we have helped someone (whether they are a newbie now or are now an "oldie" but still appreciate the support others give)

So...I'll start it. I'm sure I'll post many, many, many more---but this is a good start. And, they don't necessarily need to be how they have affected you, but also (and just as importantly) how they have helped the celiac community/glutenfreeforum as a whole.

My gold stars go to:

Lovegrov, aka Richard. For always jumping in with a definitive answer on ingredients. I have appreciated your posts so much.

CanadianKaren aka Karen aka altoids. For always being there to welcome and provide comfort with information. You have given me so much inspiration.

Jerseyangel aka Patti. You jump in on everything, and give so much encouragement. You often know the answer, and when you don't, you try to direct them...or at least comfort. Your help with my other intolerances has meant so much.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

There are so many.

jerseyangel & lauraj-are always there with a kind word and support.

ursula-has a lot of good info and knowledge.

juliem & rachel--24-have oftentimes gone out on searches to dig up information. Always a source of a kind word and comfort.

There are really so many more.....

Canadian Karen Community Regular

What a wonderful idea! Thank you for recognizing me! It feels good to know that I have done something to help someone and make their gluten free transition that much easier...... :rolleyes::D

I have two specific ones who literally dragged me out of the abyss of depression and fear that I was in when I first came here. celiac3270, bless his heart, reached out to me and singlehandedly eased my nerves, my fears, my mind and calmed me down enough to look at things logically which in turn showed me that I can do this, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.......

Another is KaitiUSA (way back when she was IvotedforGeorgeBush, or something like that! LOL!) Kaiti's immense knowledge and level-headedness guided me through my difficult first days and weeks.....

I also feel blessed because those that I count as my best friends in the whole world are people who I have met on here (but never met in real life, LOL! :lol: ) You know who you are!

Hugs!

Karen

happygirl Collaborator

This is what I like to see. Positivity :D

I told you I would post more :)

Rachel-24, for the creation of Rachelville. I am a relative newbie to that thread, but for those who have post Celiac/undiagnosed issues, it is a haven for me to talk to others who are in the same boat.

GFP-because I just always enjoy his posts and point of view. He always spends a lot of time on his posts and it shows.

Tarnalberry-always there with an article or a scientific way of explaining things, which is so helpful to me. She has provided so much help to others since I've been on here.

mouse Enthusiast

This is so hard as there are so many who have helped me. People who I have come to respect and I know I am going to leave someone out. But, I will try.

celiac3270 for giving such sage advice when I first joined. His knowledge is fantastic in one so young.

Canadian Karen for her humerous advice and caring spirit. When I get down or depressed or just downright feel sorry for myself, I think of Karen and Lynne (tired of doctors) who set a strong example for facing adversity in our lives.

Tired of doctors for all the wonderful caring advice she gives me for my Ataxia. She calms my fears when they arise.

Jersey Angel for always helping me with my food allergies. She teaches me how to cook and how to substitute in place of the items I cannot have.

Broncobux for all of his restaurant recommendations so that I can occasionally venture forth and eat out in a safely manner.

Momma Goose, Floridian, Mtn.dog and so many others that I like to count as friends even though we have never met. They probably know more about me then my best firends.

I am sure that I will think of more. But, I hope that everyone knows that their advice has probably helped me so many times, even though their name is not listed here.

Lisa Mentor

Good Going Girl.........save me a place for me to post when I can do it justice. I have quite a debt to owe. :)

flagbabyds Collaborator

celiac3270, he's amazing, he learned so fast i remember when i was teaching him about the diet and such and i was really happy just to have another person my age on the board.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Awesome idea Laura! I love it.... :)

I couldnt possibly name every person who's helped me along the way....there are soooo many.

Like you Laura....I'm sure I'll be back to post more. ;)

KaitiUSA....She was the first to answer my questions and get me headed in the right direction as far as testing, diet, cosmetics, cc and everything in-between. On my very first day posting I think she replied to all my posts and also made me feel very welcome here. She was a gift on a day when I was really stressed out to the max.

Jnkmnky and Tarnalberry for all their dietary suggestions. Jnkmnky....for all her knowledge on everything mainstream and yummy. Tarnalberry for all her ideas and meal plans for a less mainstream and more healthy/natural diet. :)

Andrea and Juliem....Two of the kindest souls I've met...always there to offer support, encouragement and kind words. Julie thanks for sharing your experiences and Andrea thanks for watching over me and being the mother-hen that you are. :)

Patti (JerseyAngel)....for being such a great help to not only myself but so many others on the board. For giving her time and her knowledge to those who are new and in need of answers. Not only does she answer the questions but she does it in a way that makes people feel very comfortable and reassured.

JudyinPhilly for being one of the most caring and sweetest people ever! Always there to say something nice when someone is feeling down. :)

Rinne for always capturing me with her words of wisdom and giving me more to think about. Thanks for making me feel we can win this battle and for being here...learning and sharing your knowledge. I feel less alone. :)

There are many more who deserve gold stars soooo....to be continued.

Lauren M Explorer

Patti and mamaw definitely earn gold stars from me, plus they're local gals!

Also, Jillian and mookie (Stef), though we don't see her around as much these days. One day I WILL have a fudgie eating contest with those New York girls! ;)

Also Armetta and everyone else who generously sponsored me in my walk for Celiac disease. They're openness to reach out to someone they don't even know really touched me.

You all are fabulous, I could go on, and on....

- Lauren

Guest nini

Gold Stars definitely go to KaitiUSA and celiac3270 for their wisdom beyond their years and expertise. GFP for all his research. Canadian Karen for making us laugh. Judy In Philly for being momma bear to us all. Armetta and Lynne (Mouse and Tired of Doctors) for also being a friend in need a friend indeed... oh I'm sure I could think of so many more.

happygirl Collaborator

Actually, Nisla, you have to go on my list for a BIG gold star. When I was still eating "other" foods, your cheese/pizza stick idea was a LIFESAVER. That was one of my favorite gluten free treats. Just the idea that I could really make anything was such a help to me.

Guest nini
Actually, Nisla, you have to go on my list for a BIG gold star. When I was still eating "other" foods, your cheese/pizza stick idea was a LIFESAVER. That was one of my favorite gluten free treats. Just the idea that I could really make anything was such a help to me.

aw shucks... it's all part of "paying it foward"... that's all.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Not in a good place to post today--but--

You all will never know just how VERY VERY much all your kind words have helped me face this Sunday.

Just when you think you can't go on and 'do' it...along comes the kindness of this board.

I will be forever grateful to my very dear and precious friends here.

The tears of appreciation just won't stop flowing this morning.

love you all so much

Judy

Guest nini

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Judy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} big ol hugs to you this morning...

jerseyangel Proficient

You all are too kind--I'm so lucky to have found each and every one here :)

I have to give a special thank you to AndreaB--it was due to her that I was able to figure out that my water, of all things, was making me react. That was huge for me in terms of recovery, and Andrea--I owe ya one, buddy :D

I have never quite figured out how he does it, but lovegrov (Richard) always seems to know when we need a definative answer on the nuts and bolts of this thing. I've learned a lot from you Richard--thank you!

Rachel-24, what can I say? You've been a help to me and so many others as you share your struggles to get to the root of your health issues. A real inspiration :)

And although he's not here :( , Vydorscope (Vincent) for being a friend and sending me all of his Vances when he found out he was no longer intolerant to dairy! :lol:

GFP (Steve)--where are you? You're posts are always so informative!

Carriefaith (Carrie) for her sweetness and great recipes!

And because misery loves (and in my case, needs and truly appreciates) company--a shout out to my girls--JulieM, CarlaB, floridian (Celia), floridanative (Tiffany), oh gosh--Beverly, Armetta--I feel like I'm at the Academy Awards here--my dear friend, Judyin Philly (Judy) and my cyber-daughter, LauraJ. You guys help me in more ways than you know ;)

flagbabyds Collaborator

All the people who were here when we got the new board, i remember registering and thinking that the board was really weird and stuff but now look how far we have gotten. This was the first message board I had ever posted on (BTW i was like 10) when i first found it.

It has helped a LOT

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my gosh I am deleting and re-writing my post.....kept thinking of more and more people and felt bad that I had named names and left some out! :ph34r: This forum has been more helpful to me than any other resource. Thanks and God Bless to all. :)

Guest melannen

Awesome thread!

I'm not completely awake yet (still kinda groggy) and my stomach is demanding that I get off the computer and feed it :rolleyes: but later today, when I'm more alert, I'll be posting my list too :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

This is a great thread! I am afraid to start mentioning people because I know I'll leave someone out!!! All of you who take time to post and answer questions are a help and inspiration. I feel so fortunate to be able to have friends who go through the same thing I do. It's funny when I talk about someone on the board in my circle of friends I actually see .... I never mention that I only know you through the internet because I think that many of us know each other better than we know our "visible" friends! It wouldn't give you justice to call you my "internet buddies" even if it's true!

tiffjake Enthusiast

CarlaB

Penguin (Poster formaly known as ChelsE)

Rachel-24

JudyinPhilly

Tarnalberry

Richard

CanadianKaran (where ya been?)

mookie03 Contributor

wow, this is the nicest thread... Lauren, thanks for the mention-- challenge is accepted, when are we having a fudgie contest?? :P I know I havent been around that much lately, but do know that i appreciate all the help i've gotten from all of you guys and i do intend to stick around on this site- i think it is so important to give back to those who have the questions now. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.

I couldnt possibly name all the people who helped along the way, but definitely want to throw out a thanks to judyinphilly- you always go above and beyond, and dont think that ever goes unnoticed. And all the moderators- you are what keeps this running! You guys are really great! :D

JenKuz Explorer

Rachel, Nisla, Carla, Andrea, Tarnalberry, Richard, Steve, Beverly, JerseyAngel....I'm sure I'm missing people.

Ya'll have been sooooo helpful. I'm such a newbie, and still having so many symptoms. I'm learning the science stuff fast, but when it comes to the everyday life stuff, you all don't even know how helpful you've been. When I've been at my wits' end, and ready to throw my hands in the air.

Kaycee Collaborator

You have all been wonderful, especailly when I first found out I had coeliac, and felt there was nobody else in my world who understood, but here is a whole board of individuals who understand.

You all have such big personalities, that I couldn't even imagine to match. I am just me, quiet little old me. You are all different, like in any family, or group of friends. You are what makes the world go round.

Like Carla, I can't name names, as there just is not enough room or time to put them all in. You are all awesome and some of you have been through so many hard times, yet you still rise to the challenge and help the newbies. My hat goes off to you all. Keep up the good work.

A big thank your from me, and from my family who no longer have to listen to me go on and on about coeliac trying to find answers.

Catherine

Guest melannen

Alrighty my gold stars go to everybody that posts on the fourty something and tickle me elbow threads. Reading all our crazy posts makes me smile and just feel good. I love reading back a couple pages when I'm down, gives me a bright spot and a reason to smile when I can't find one myself.

I'd like to specifically mention the following as people that have really stood out to me, I'm only using screen names because I am the worst with names and know I'll get some wrong:

GFBetsy and Sweetfudge - the first people to welcome me to the forum ^_^

Shalia - the one that posted the reply that knocked some sense into me and kept me from doing a gluten-free challenge (thank you thank you thank you)

AndreaB, CarlaB, Mtndog, DingoGirl - for letting me PM/email them to whine and vent about my nonexistent love life :P

All the people in Rachelville that welcomed me jumping in...too many to list so I'm not even going to try. Just know that if you're a "regular" you get a gold star from me :lol:

linds and Cody - for chatting with me on MSN, awesome to be able to chat with other gluten-free people (I'm up for more chatting buddies too...PM me if interested)

gfp - I love your posts, they help me so much and I always learn something new :D

TriticusToxicum - you always make me laugh!

Dang it I know I'm forgetting a lot of people :unsure:

I love coming here not only for help with dealing with a gluten-free diet, but for the love and support I feel here. Thank you all for that!

I love you guys!!

:wub:

happygirl Collaborator

I just want to say that this thread makes me happy. Let's keep this going.

Archived