14 replies to this topic

#1 skipper30

skipper30

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:12 PM

Well...I am speechless...I just e mailed Cheddar's restaraunts looking fir some information that they might have available about their menu...Here is his response:

Dallas;

Sorry, but we do not have that information. Wish I could help you more.

Thanks

Douglas Hackworth

WOW..and it took him less than 1 minute to answer me back!!
Mom to:
Riley 8 -Tourettes, OCD, ADHD
Cooper 6 -Celiac dx'ed Dec. 2005
Jake 4- Resolved Verbal Apraxia, Coordination disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder
Sutton 3- Speech issues and sensory integration disorder

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kaycee

Kaycee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

Skipper, at least he replied back to you! A few of places I have emailed regarding products have not even bothered to get back to me. I just feel so anti towards them, I boycott their products.

Maybe you have made them think about the information you requested and they may look into the matter now. He did say he wished he could help more, but that might've been a cop out.

Just remember you received an acknowledgement to your letter, even if you did not appreciate the answer.

Catherine

#3 skipper30

skipper30

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

That is true..I just was hoping that he might let me know id he was going to look into it a little more...maybe they will it is late and it IS a complex topic!!

Here's hoping!!
Mom to:
Riley 8 -Tourettes, OCD, ADHD
Cooper 6 -Celiac dx'ed Dec. 2005
Jake 4- Resolved Verbal Apraxia, Coordination disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder
Sutton 3- Speech issues and sensory integration disorder

#4 Kaycee

Kaycee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

Late, it is only 1.36pm here!

#5 minniejack

minniejack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:46 AM

Late, it is only 1.36pm here!

My 25 yr old nephew said he walked into cheddars about 2 months ago and they offered him a gluten free menu. Only because of me did he know what they were talking about.

After he left, I immediately called there, sat on hold for over 10 minutes waiting for the woman to find out if they were or not. She came back on the line and I'm still not sure if she knew what I was talking about.

Then about 2 wks ago, I was talking to my nephew and he again said that he was there and they again offered him the gluten menu.

I'm going to have to go check this place out physically and find out what's going on.

#6 mesmerize

mesmerize

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

I emailed Cheddar's about gluten-free options and received the response below from their VP of Culinary Operations. It took a while to hear back from them, but I'm glad that they sent an intelligent and thorough response. :)

-------------------------------------------------

There are none of our appetizers that I would recommend for you as all have some amounts of wheat flour in them, the same goes for our soups.

Salads without croutons, tortilla strips and the included croissant would be safe with oil and vinegar on the side.

Safe entrees would include Lemon Pepper Chicken, Grilled Salmon, Tilapia, Key West Chicken, Steak (without the onion straws), burgers without buns (except the smokehouse burger- the onion straws again), Grilled Catfish and Ribs without sauce.

All of our side dishes except Broccoli Casserole are gluten free.

Again, we are a scratch kitchen that does do a lot of hand battering (with flour containing ingredients) so the possibility of contamination does exist. Depending on the severity of your condition you may consider this whenever eating out.

I hope this provides you with enough information to come and enjoy Cheddar’s. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide you with.

* Tummy problems all my life
* Graves Disease in November 2004
* Ongoing issues with thyroid levels
* Gluten free since February 2006

#7 radiantrapunzel1

radiantrapunzel1

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

Thanks, mesmerize. That was very helpful. Luckily, my favorites are on there! (Key west chicken) Thanks, again!
~Mandy~

Gluten-Free since Sept. 19, '07
EGD/Colonoscopy- 10/07
Positive IgA- 11/07

Southeast Texas

[img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1119/3463/11193463.png[/img

#8 keva81

keva81

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

That's so funny. I tried the grilled salmon on a whim and didn't have any problems so that is what I have always eaten when I go there. Glad to know I was okay eating it :) The response is helpful. I might have to try something else!

#9 hexon

hexon

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Just an update on this, I wouldn't trust those menu items. The manager told me the key west chicken is marinated in teriyaki sauce, but he was very helpful in letting me know what I could order or what they could do to make certain things gluten-free.

#10 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Since the original post is almost 6 years old, things may have changed with this restauraunt chain. I know we got one recently. My parents had loved one they went to a few years before in another city. They went a few months ago & the menu was different and they were disappointed. Nothing to do with the gluten-free menu for them, just som of thier old favorites weren't on the menu or were different.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#11 hexon

hexon

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

I was just making sure. When you google "cheddars gluten free" this is the first things that comes up and I don't want people getting sick thinking they can eat those recommendations, not realizing they are nearly 3 years old.

#12 xtinathedreamer

xtinathedreamer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

My son eats french fries when we go there (He is only 2) and never has problems.

#13 BonkersforBooks

BonkersforBooks

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

I just called our local Cheddar's restaurant to ask if there was anything gluten-free I could have at their location (N. Garland, TX). I spoke with a manager and was told that they can not give out that information and would not be making it public until they are required by law to do so in 2014. :( I don't think I will try back in 2014 either.... :o

#14 Melaniedecarlo

Melaniedecarlo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

I am currently at Cheddars. November 2013 and they were able to provide me a Gluten Free menu :)

#15 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

I am currently at Cheddars. November 2013 and they were able to provide me a Gluten Free menu :)

Let us know how you feel tomorrow.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: