This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Just Got Back From Getting My Hair Done!

Canadian Karen

Rusla Enthusiast

Now to go with your punk new hairdo where are your leather clothes? You will need those and multiple piercings, before you head out on the weekend to the rave and the mosh pit.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canadian Karen Community Regular
Quick, someone get her finger out of the electric socket!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Susie! Wonderful pic! Glad to finally see you!

Hugs

Karen

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Ah, c'mon, sure ya could....we have to practice because I'm serious about making this the new, "it" phrase for 2007. Along with meaning to fix one's hair, it could also refer to being lazy:

"They've gotta fire that guy. He just sits around, frisking the wookie all day"...

Or to being deceptive:

"She told me she's only forty, but hey, I know she's frisking the wookie"...

Or simply a handy, vague suggestive idiom:

"Hey, I feel a real connection with you. Wanna frisk the wookie?"

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: That's excellent!!

Mtndog Collaborator
Ah, c'mon, sure ya could....we have to practice because I'm serious about making this the new, "it" phrase for 2007. Along with meaning to fix one's hair, it could also refer to being lazy:

"They've gotta fire that guy. He just sits around, frisking the wookie all day"...

Or to being deceptive:

"She told me she's only forty, but hey, I know she's frisking the wookie"...

Or simply a handy, vague suggestive idiom:

"Hey, I feel a real connection with you. Wanna frisk the wookie?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes- this MUST be the new it phrase.

Suggestive:

"Did you notice Karen's new do? Looks like she was frisking the wookie last night big time!"

As a punishment:

"If you say that one more time, I'm gonna frisk your wookie young man!"

I am DYING HERE elye! Thank you for the laugh!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Yes- this MUST be the new it phrase.

Suggestive:

"Did you notice Karen's new do? Looks like she was frisking the wookie last night big time!"

As a punishment:

"If you say that one more time, I'm gonna frisk your wookie young man!"

I am DYING HERE elye! Thank you for the laugh!

I was thinking that maybe we could get Peter Gabriel to re-write Shock the Monkey and change it to Frisk the Wookie

"Woookiee, Frisk the WokieeEEEEE"

Wookies are kind of the "It's Pat" s of the sci-fi world...we're never told, but we assume it a "he" (how does one tell?) Maybe it was Han Solo's girlfriend? (wookiewoman?)

http://frozen.3fl.net/images/misc/wookie.webp

Is that a purse or a wallet-on-a-chain?

Open Original Shared Link

Coffee klatch or front seven of the all wookie football team?

http://www.brendanmckillip.com/blog/images...eFirstPitch.webp

A League of Their Own or The Natural?

http://www.astralan.com/brows/Fark/wookie.webp

Gentlewookies Prefer Blondes or George (of the jungle) Jones?

http://paulmccain.worldmagblog.com/paulmcc...ookie-thumb.webp

Glamour shot or mug shot?

http://www.craftyjoe.com/catalog/images/ja...ooms_wookie.webp

Maybe HE knows the difference!

Now we're getting somewhere!

http://www.willmcelwain.com/photos/me/thumbs/chewbacca.webp

:huh::blink: ?

Still not sure :unsure:

I don't trust Wikpedia, but....

Chewbacca

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Star Wars character

Chewbacca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position General of the Republic in the Clone Wars, First Mate of the Millennium Falcon

Homeworld Kashyyyk

Species Wookiee Gender Male

Height 7ft 4 3/4 In (2.28 meters)[1]

Affiliation Galactic Republic, Rebel Alliance, New Republic

Portrayer Peter Mayhew

Chewbacca (or Chewie) (c. 200 BBY - c. 25 ABY), a fictional character of the Star Wars universe, is a 2.3 m (7.5 ft) tall Wookiee and co-pilot of Han Solo's ship, the Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca is the son of Attichitcuk, the husband of Mallatobuck, and the father of Lumpawarrump.

So what about yoda? :blink:

Green12 Enthusiast
<------------------------------------ (hit refresh)............................

:lol:

Hugs.

Karen

:lol: Karen

elye Community Regular
I was thinking that maybe we could get Peter Gabriel to re-write Shock the Monkey and change it to Frisk the Wookie

"Woookiee, Frisk the WokieeEEEEE"

Wookies are kind of the "It's Pat" s of the sci-fi world...we're never told, but we assume it a "he" (how does one tell?) Maybe it was Han Solo's girlfriend? (wookiewoman?)

http://frozen.3fl.net/images/misc/wookie.webp

Is that a purse or a wallet-on-a-chain?

Coffee klatch or front seven of the all wookie football team?

http://www.brendanmckillip.com/blog/images...eFirstPitch.webp

A League of Their Own or The Natural?

http://www.astralan.com/brows/Fark/wookie.webp

Gentlewookies Prefer Blondes or George (of the jungle) Jones?

http://paulmccain.worldmagblog.com/paulmcc...ookie-thumb.webp

Glamour shot or mug shot?

http://www.craftyjoe.com/catalog/images/ja...ooms_wookie.webp

Maybe HE knows the difference!

Now we're getting somewhere!

http://www.willmcelwain.com/photos/me/thumbs/chewbacca.webp

:huh::blink: ?

Still not sure :unsure:

I don't trust Wikpedia, but....

Chewbacca

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Star Wars character

Chewbacca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position General of the Republic in the Clone Wars, First Mate of the Millennium Falcon

Homeworld Kashyyyk

Species Wookiee Gender Male

Height 7ft 4 3/4 In (2.28 meters)[1]

Affiliation Galactic Republic, Rebel Alliance, New Republic

Portrayer Peter Mayhew

Chewbacca (or Chewie) (c. 200 BBY - c. 25 ABY), a fictional character of the Star Wars universe, is a 2.3 m (7.5 ft) tall Wookiee and co-pilot of Han Solo's ship, the Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca is the son of Attichitcuk, the husband of Mallatobuck, and the father of Lumpawarrump.

So what about yoda? :blink:

Richard, stop friskin' everybody's wookie (here, an idiomatic expression meaning to cause explosive laughter on an online-forum)...

I'll have you know that I have already sent out a couple of test balloons in my travels this morning for my new mission. My kids were yelling at each other because they weren't giving each other enough room at the sink, and I came in with, "Hey! Cut that out, the both of you! Sounds like someone's frisking a wookie in here!" Blank stares...

Then, as I was racing out to my car, the mailman was walking up the drive. I met him, took my mail and noticed he had a cast on his wrist. I said, "Oh, dear. Don't tell me...were you frisking wookies?"

Another blank stare...

My husband just came home for a quick lunch, and I had to think fast. He mentioned that he hasn't heard from his mother in a while, and I said, "maybe she's frisked the wookie" (i.e., died, like, "bit the biscuit")...At least his stare was brief and not blank, because he seems to have grown accustomed to the...interesting...things I say.

Chewbacca was a male, for sure!

Yoda....hmmmm.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Richard, stop friskin' everybody's wookie (here, an idiomatic expression meaning to cause explosive laughter on an online-forum)...

I'll have you know that I have already sent out a couple of test balloons in my travels this morning for my new mission. My kids were yelling at each other because they weren't giving each other enough room at the sink, and I came in with, "Hey! Cut that out, the both of you! Sounds like someone's frisking a wookie in here!" Blank stares...

Then, as I was racing out to my car, the mailman was walking up the drive. I met him, took my mail and noticed he had a cast on his wrist. I said, "Oh, dear. Don't tell me...were you frisking wookies?"

Another blank stare...

My husband just came home for a quick lunch, and I had to think fast. He mentioned that he hasn't heard from his mother in a while, and I said, "maybe she's frisked the wookie" (i.e., died, like, "bit the biscuit")...At least his stare was brief and not blank, because he seems to have grown accustomed to the...interesting...things I say.

Yoda....hmmmm.....

Good for you!

I'd be careful what you say to Postal workers...short fuses and all :huh:

I'm not brave enough to use it at the office. I think I might get called into the boss's office for some 'splainin'. :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I think I might get called into the boss's office for some 'splainin'. :huh:

I bet that happens enough already!

kevsmom Contributor

Karen,

I have been really down today...I needed that :lol::lol::lol:

Cindy

jaten Enthusiast

Dah-ling, you look mahvelous!

Mtndog Collaborator

Another blank stare...

Yoda....hmmmm.....

Elye- You freaking killed me with this one. I COULD NOT stop laughing in the computer lab at school- so bad that I had to explain frisking the wookie to someone else who thought it was just as funny. By the time I walked into my third class, I was almost in hysterics. I ended up TELLING them about frisking the wookie and they LOVED it. One of them is going to put it on Facebook to get the word out. :ph34r:

The problem was they thought wookies were ewoks. Once I told them that Chewie was a wookie they thought it was evn funnier. it's been a very long PUNCHY day, but the word is out.

Sing to the tune of "Don't Give up on us baby" by David Soul.... "Don't Go frisking the wookie" :D

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Sing to the tune of "Don't Give up on us baby" by David Soul.... "Don't Go frisking the wookie" :D

LMAO! :D

Hutch sings the Wookie song!

Ewoks :angry: The ultimate star wars sell out :ph34r:

Mtndog Collaborator

OMG check this out....someone else actually says "frisk the wookie"

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:lol::lol: Word gets out fast....

TriticusToxicum Explorer

It looks more like orange-shirt-guy is doing the Wookie-Pokey :P (he puts his left arm in, he puts his left arm out...)

zakismom Newbie

This may be one of the few days I want to go in to work just so I can use the phrase Frisk the Wookie! I think my coworkers will appreciate it- I know it made my day.

elye Community Regular

I actually told that orange-shirted guy about our new phrase-coining project, and he actually went out to find some sort of Chewbacca figure somewhere that he could frisk in front of thousands, to really get the expression going. Now, what else can we do? I've approached my nine and thirteen-year olds, and really got stares from them. Could we somehow sneak this expression into an upcoming presidential speech? Anyone know any of the Capitol Hill speech writers? Then MILLIONS would hear it.

"Not only are we gonna smoke 'em out, we are gonna frisk Osama's wookie, I'll tell you that".

That's got a great ring to it. :)

mommida Enthusiast

Well I tried to use the phrase in MommaGoose's birthday post. ;)

L.

Lisa Mentor

Didn't Jane Goodall study wookies in the natural. Bet she was frisked. Bless her soul. :blink:

Frisking at home.......Jim is doing the "wookie dance" as he just gave me pots and pans for my birthday.

Hummmmm ;)

TriticusToxicum Explorer
I actually told that orange-shirted guy about our new phrase-coining project, and he actually went out to find some sort of Chewbacca figure somewhere that he could frisk in front of thousands, to really get the expression going. Now, what else can we do? I've approached my nine and thirteen-year olds, and really got stares from them. Could we somehow sneak this expression into an upcoming presidential speech? Anyone know any of the Capitol Hill speech writers? Then MILLIONS would hear it.

"Not only are we gonna smoke 'em out, we are gonna frisk Osama's wookie, I'll tell you that".

That's got a great ring to it. :)

This looks like a job for Dan Quayle - just don't ask him to spell wookie :P

Didn't Jane Goodall study wookies in the natural. Bet she was frisked. Bless her soul. :blink:

Frisking at home.......Jim is doing the "wookie dance" as he just gave me pots and pans for my birthday.

Hummmmm ;)

HAPPY Birthday to BOTH of YOU! ;)

Mtndog Collaborator

HAPPY BIRHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now darn it, in celebration, have yourself a couple of stiff drinks and frisk on down, frisk on down that Wookie!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
HAPPY BIRHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now darn it, in celebration, have yourself a couple of stiff drinks and frisk on down, frisk on down that Wookie!

"Frisky" today, eh? :P

jenvan Collaborator

Ha ha :) Reminds me of Something about Mary!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Ha ha :) Reminds me of Something about Mary!

Ewwwwwwwww :blink:

Archived