4 replies to this topic

#1 Felidae

Felidae

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

I know you guys are all great problem solvers and always come up with excellent suggestions, so here's my problem.

I thought I was casein intolerant, but no.
I was eating Kinnikinnick breads for a long time and I eliminated the breads and dairy. I reintroduced dairy with no problems. I haven't had Kinni. bread again because I have been feeling great (no bm issues). The bread I was eating contained flax seeds. Has anyone had any loose stool issues with flax seeds? Can anyone think of anything else that could have been a problem for me?
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

I'll just throw this out there--does the bread have tapioca starch/flour in it? It's not that unusual to be sensitive to that, and for me, the reaction is really bad--similar to a glutening. (D, nausea, stomach pain)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:22 PM

One of the things on the list I got from my doctor for natural stool softeners was flax oil.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#4 GFBetsy

GFBetsy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

Flax has an awful lot of fiber and definitely helps keep things moving through :lol: . But unless you have a specific problem with flax or were eating a WHOLE lot of flax seeds in that bread, I don't think it should caused major problems. Hmmm . . .

#5 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:46 PM

I'll just throw this out there--does the bread have tapioca starch/flour in it? It's not that unusual to be sensitive to that, and for me, the reaction is really bad--similar to a glutening. (D, nausea, stomach pain)

I checked the ingredients and there isn't any tapioca.

Hmm, flax or not? I guess I could just eat some flax and find out. Maybe I'll try the bread again and see if anything changes.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: