Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Trying To Figure Out The Problem

5 posts in this topic

I know you guys are all great problem solvers and always come up with excellent suggestions, so here's my problem.

I thought I was casein intolerant, but no.

I was eating Kinnikinnick breads for a long time and I eliminated the breads and dairy. I reintroduced dairy with no problems. I haven't had Kinni. bread again because I have been feeling great (no bm issues). The bread I was eating contained flax seeds. Has anyone had any loose stool issues with flax seeds? Can anyone think of anything else that could have been a problem for me?

Ads by Google:

I'll just throw this out there--does the bread have tapioca starch/flour in it? It's not that unusual to be sensitive to that, and for me, the reaction is really bad--similar to a glutening. (D, nausea, stomach pain)

One of the things on the list I got from my doctor for natural stool softeners was flax oil.

Flax has an awful lot of fiber and definitely helps keep things moving through :lol: . But unless you have a specific problem with flax or were eating a WHOLE lot of flax seeds in that bread, I don't think it should caused major problems. Hmmm . . .

I'll just throw this out there--does the bread have tapioca starch/flour in it? It's not that unusual to be sensitive to that, and for me, the reaction is really bad--similar to a glutening. (D, nausea, stomach pain)

I checked the ingredients and there isn't any tapioca.

Hmm, flax or not? I guess I could just eat some flax and find out. Maybe I'll try the bread again and see if anything changes.