This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf Foods

Imsprued

Imsprued Newbie

Doc says I have Celiac disease and that I can't "get my Gluten on" anymore, Soooo, does anyone know of a list somewhere that lists all the known Gluten free packaged foods. I learning what I need to avoid, but sure would be nice to see a list of actual food brands/names that are gluten free. For example, right now I'm eating Dorito's toasted corn chips which I assume should be okay, thus should be on a list somewhere. Anyone know what I'm getting at? Anyway, peace, out and down with gluten.

Imsprued

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link -- this is a good link to get good ideas of what products are gluten-free.....you do, however, as with all lists, have to be careful. All products are subject to change at any time, so you should always double-check with the company.

Open Original Shared Link -- this is on the Open Original Shared Link website....a list of mainstream gluten-free products.

As for Doritos......Jessica recently typed up a list of their updated list....it's on the board....on the FritoLays site, they have a gluten-free list, too:Open Original Shared Link......updated as of Aug. '03......so you might want to look for the list that Jessica (angel_jd1) typed up. Never eat anything that you're unsure of....

Good luck.

-celiac3270

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Dear Imsprued......

I have to say, I LOVE YOUR HANDLE!!! It's classic!

celiac3270 gave you some great links...... and some great advice... I thought for sure I was gluten free for so long, and dr. and I wondered why my diarrhea wasn't going away - turns out I was still contaminating myself because I didn't do enough research...... WE MUST BE CAREFUL!!!!

Welcome to the forum - lots of great information and support here....

Karen

Carol Farmholtz Newbie

Imsprued -

Here is a site I have used quite often.

glutenfreeinfo.com

But as celiac3270 said products are subject to change - always read the ingredients!! A lot of the info on this site appears to be rather dated - I am not sure how often it is updated but it still might give you a place to start to reference manufacturers and what to look for.

• 1 month later...
dianne Rookie

If you call the toll-free number on the package, Frito-Lay will send you a detailed list of their gluten-free products. In fact, they sent me a coupon, too. :D

Dianne

hthorvald Rookie

This is one of those cases where I say, "doh! why didn't I think of that handle?" Great name, for sure.

Have you checked www.clanthompson.com? They have compiled an extensive list of foods and identifies them as gluten-free, unknown, or not gluten-free. It costs a little, but you can purchase either hard copy or softcopy (for both PC and PalmPilot). They constantly update their lists, but as always, you need to read labels, always.

Hope this helps.

H.

Archived