Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Manna From Anna?

5 posts in this topic

Looking for a Manna from Anna review...heard it's great...it's damn pricey, though. How many loaves from a package? Do you have to freeze it once it's baked or how long does it last?

Thanks!

Michelle

Ads by Google:

Manna from Anna is the very best bread I have eaten since I have

become g/free....about 5 years ago!!! It is to die for!

I make one large loaf from a bag of mix. Yes, it is pricey, but well

worth the dime!

And....I received it just about 2 days after I ordered it! What

service!

She says you should keep and use it for 2 or 3 days and wrap and

freeze the rest. I slice and freeze soon after it is cool.

Remove from freezer and let thaw. It is just like real bread.

I feel as if I have died and gone to heaven when I eat this

bread.

You have to try it to believe it, I guess. I will never buy any other

mix or make my own again using all the flours, etc. etc.!

Jean

I agree with Jean...I developed my own recipe for bread - which I really love, but Manna from Anna is better! I have made hamburger buns and small sub sandwich rolls as well from this mix. I make 2 smaller loaves from the mix instead of one large one - you have slightly smaller size slices for sandwiches, but it makes the price not seem as high.

Try it!

I have tried this bread and I have to agree, it's the best gluten-free bread I've tried yet. I have been trying to make my own recipe that is as good but no luck as yet. You can get 1 loaf per package if you use the bread machine method, but the package says you can get 2 loaves if you use the oven method.

The only problem I have with this bread, other than its price, is the fact that it uses a lot of bean flour and that tends to upset my system if I eat too much. So I also slice and then freeze it and eat it sparingly over time. It tastes great when toasted, especially with a little butter on it, and I also use it for all my sandwiches, etc. If you haven't found any gluten-free bread worth eating yet, give this a try. It isn't "exactly" like regular wheat bread, but I think it's about as close as you can get. The texture and consistency is dead-on-target. It has a "nutty" flavor that is not too strong, especially if you use it in a sandwich.

I have to agree == it's worth every penny == Very, very good bread. It's just wonderful. Kim.